Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from my vacation....

3 posters

Go down

Back from my vacation.... Empty Back from my vacation....

Post  BladeRunner Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:53 am

Nearly 5,000 miles of driving to Washington, DC, New York City, Boston, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Chicago, etc.

Enjoyed it....well except maybe Provincetown, Mass......didn't realize it was a place I'd see the most hand holding men and hand holding women I'd ever see in my life. 

Ate at a lot of great restaurants.

Will be posting pics in the coming days.

Two years ago, I bought a 1999 Pontiac Montana for $2000. So far we've taken that van to Florida, Glacier Nat'l Park/Seattle/Portland, and this years trip. Probably the best $2000 I ever spent on a vehicle.

The countryside is definitely different than our trip to Glacier National Park and the Pacific NW we took last year. Felt like I was driving in a tunnel the whole time with solid trees on both sides. I'm a plains boy, and prefer the wide open horizon when traveling.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Back from my vacation.... Empty Re: Back from my vacation....

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 pm

"That Pontiac is a damn fine car...I ran over my wife with a Pontiac." / Married with Children
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:31 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Enjoyed it....well except maybe Provincetown, Mass......didn't realize it was a place I'd see the most hand holding men and hand holding women I'd ever see in my life.

Provincetown is the Hennepin Avenue of the east coast. Nothing but girly men there. I was there in 2000. Caught the ferry [note not fairy] from Bah-stin, turned the corner, got disgusted at 20 of them munching on one another and caught the bus back to Bah-stin.

Were you able to get into Southie where they're having the current "trial of the century?"
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:08 pm

sodaknomad wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Enjoyed it....well except maybe Provincetown, Mass......didn't realize it was a place I'd see the most hand holding men and hand holding women I'd ever see in my life.

Provincetown is the Hennepin Avenue of the east coast. Nothing but girly men there. I was there in 2000. Caught the ferry [note not fairy] from Bah-stin, turned the corner, got disgusted at 20 of them munching on one another and caught the bus back to Bah-stin.

Were you able to get into Southie where they're having the current "trial of the century?"

The place pretty much turned my stomach. It was disgusting. They can do whatever they want in their own bedroom...but KEEP it in the bedroom. I saw more men holding hands than men/women holding hands. AND I saw very few couples with younger children. It's no wonder. Who wants to expose their kids to that?

Not sure what "trial of the century" you're talking about. I did myself a favor and for the most part ignored the news on this trip.

Seen a lot of sites in DC. One thing I did NOT go and see was the White House. Couldn't force myself to go. I couldn't quite fire out why..........Wink

New York City is not a place I care to visit again. We arrived there early Sunday morning so the traffic wasn't bad. The streets are in terrible shape and it was very difficult to get around. The place smelled terrible and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

The Statue of Liberty is closed for repairs from the last hurricane......so we headed out and made it to Boston in fairly short order. But before we went to Boston, we stopped at the Springfield Armory. This was one of the best stops on our vacation. My son loved it. He's as big a gun fanatic as I am.

Had same great sea food and some great Italian food.

I think my favorite New England state was Vermont.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 pm

sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down