Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You

2 posters

Go down

Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You Empty Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:42 am

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You Empty Re: Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 pm

It left me speechless too.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You Empty Re: Glen Campbell - I'm Not Going To Miss You

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:43 pm

I hate watching people die from that disease. Had to watch my mom die that way. It's a real punch in the gut when they don't recognize you anymore. Sucks
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I hate watching people die from that disease. Had to watch my mom die that way. It's a real punch in the gut when they don't recognize you anymore. Sucks

I've been lucky, it hasn't hit my family. I've watched the disease progress in countless people but they're people I've only known a few years. It's a real punch in the gut for me, I can only imagine what the familys go through.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Confession: My tears started from the first line of the song.

Most of my experience has been with Alzheimer patients rather than their families. The song echoes the thoughts of many of the early stage patients I've talked to. It's hell on them to know they're losing their mind but in the final stages that burden falls on the family, the patient is often fairly content in their new reality. Hence the line, "best of all, I'm not going to miss you."

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down