Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line

+5
Rusty Houser
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
Skeptical
Dr. Evil
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line Empty Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Usually the fight for women's rights is reserved for Democrats, but it appears that House GOP females have joined the fray.  Further proof of how out of touch these clowns really are.

House GOP leaders face pushback from female members on abortion bill
http://www.cnn.com//2015/01/21/politics/house-gop-abortion-bill/index.html

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line Empty Re: Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Those damn colleges need to stay out of politics and concentrate on graduating students!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line Empty Re: Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line

Post  BladeRunner Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:36 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Usually the fight for women's rights is reserved for Democrats, but it appears that House GOP females have joined the fray.  Further proof of how out of touch these clowns really are.

ANYONE....ANYONE who doesn't support a late-term abortion ban is pure evil, REGARDLESS of the circumstances.

PERIOD.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Usually the fight for women's rights is reserved for Democrats, but it appears that House GOP females have joined the fray.  Further proof of how out of touch these clowns really are.

ANYONE....ANYONE who doesn't support a late-term abortion ban is pure evil, REGARDLESS of the circumstances.

PERIOD.

Anyone who supports any abortion is evil...it is not man's decision, it is Gods. What did Jesus say, anyone who harms the children would rather have a brim stone tied around his neck and cast into the sea. The Bible is very clear and only evil would continue to allow this to happen to the most vulnerable amongst us.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:44 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Anyone who supports any abortion is evil...

Since the section of the bill in question is one that allows abortions, doesn't that make the authors of the bill and it's supporters evil too? Those who object to this law aren't seeking out a new exemption, they're just objecting to the administrative details of an exemption in the bill that allows abortions to take place.

Why would the women who seek out and initiate an abortion be exempt from prosecution under this proposed law? Is the person who hires a hit man protected from prosecution?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:49 am

Darth Cheney wrote:What did Jesus say, anyone who harms the children would rather have a brim stone tied around his neck and cast into the sea. The Bible is very clear and only evil would continue to allow this to happen to the most vulnerable amongst us.

I wholeheartedly agree, we must protect the most vulnerable among us before and after birth.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 am

What are you doing to directly prevent abortions? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is or is posting on an internet forum the extent of your efforts?

I have personally and directly prevented several abortions from taking place. Not by stating my opposition on some insignificant internet forum, not by backing laws that will do little to save those lives in jeopardy, but by pledging my support of children whose mothers think they are not able to afford a child at that time.

Yes, I've had to sacrifice a bit to make this happen. I've passed on a lot of toys that I might like to have so I can buy diapers or formula in bulk. I don't have cable so I can afford to buy cloths for those babies. Instead of going out for diner and a movie I stay at home babysit so mom can have a break.

Actually, it's not a sacrifice at all. Those children are the joy of my life, I just became the Godparent to one of them. I not only saved their lives, something that's not likely accomplished through legislation or picketing, I get to enjoy those lives for the rest of my life. Any small "sacrifices" I've had to make have been paid back tenfold and the payments keep coming.

To me, that's the difference between being pro life or just being anti abortion. Being pro life doesn't end at birth, it goes from cradle to grave. Are you willing to stand up for life or just stand against abortion?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:34 am

Paquette wrote:What are you doing to directly prevent abortions? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is or is posting on an internet forum the extent of your efforts?

I have personally and directly prevented several abortions from taking place. Not by stating my opposition on some insignificant internet forum, not by backing laws that will do little to save those lives in jeopardy, but by pledging my support of children whose mothers think they are not able to afford a child at that time.

Yes, I've had to sacrifice a bit to make this happen. I've passed on a lot of toys that I might like to have so I can buy diapers or formula in bulk. I don't have cable so I can afford to buy cloths for those babies. Instead of going out for diner and a movie I stay at home babysit so mom can have a break.

Actually, it's not a sacrifice at all. Those children are the joy of my life, I just became the Godparent to one of them. I not only saved their lives, something that's not likely accomplished through legislation or picketing, I get to enjoy those lives for the rest of my life. Any small "sacrifices" I've had to make have been paid back tenfold and the payments keep coming.

To me, that's the difference between being pro life or just being anti abortion. Being pro life doesn't end at birth, it goes from cradle to grave. Are you willing to stand up for life or just stand against abortion?

I commend you for that, even though you do tend to toot your own horn about it.

Just remember you are sometimes wrong. Wink
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

PERIOD.

Anyone who supports any abortion is evil...it is not man's decision, it is Gods. What did Jesus say, anyone who harms the children would rather have a brim stone tied around his neck and cast into the sea. The Bible is very clear and only evil would continue to allow this to happen to the most vulnerable amongst us.

Female GOP Lawmakers say their Colleges have Crossed the Line 1106906410

You are completely off base here.  This passage doesn't even refer to children.  Jesus was referring to adults, saying their minds should be a blank slate and open to the teachings of God, like a child.  He is saying that anyone gets in the way of these "little ones" will have millstones put around their necks and be cast into the sea.

Nothing to do with abortion.

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Paquette wrote:What are you doing to directly prevent abortions? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is or is posting on an internet forum the extent of your efforts?

There are many and I mean many differences between progressive liberals and conservatives.  One of these differences is that the vast majority of conservatives are modest people often doing good for others in so many ways, but never talking about it.  

However, progressive liberals tend for the most part to be on the very opposite end of the spectrum in the very rare occasions where they actually spend their own money to help someone else.  They have this stupid ideology that a remote bureaucratic federal government is suppose to take care of everyone and everything.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:31 am

Jammer wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

There are many and I mean many differences between progressive liberals and conservatives.  One of these differences is that the vast majority of conservatives are modest people often doing good for others in so many ways, but never talking about it.  

However, progressive liberals tend for the most part to be on the very opposite end of the spectrum in the very rare occasions where they actually spend their own money to help someone else.  They have this stupid ideology that a remote bureaucratic federal government is suppose to take care of everyone and everything.

I am reminded of SherrifBarf at GPLV bragging about her vacations...oops, I meant "mission" trips.....
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 am

Good for you.  It's refreshing to see that there are people out there that aren't all talk and no action.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:06 am

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18

Christianity considers Pride one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Buddhism considers Pride as one of the Ten Fetters, one human attribute that stands in the way of enlightenment and leave us suffering in the cycle of existence.

What business is it of yours as to what and how much charity/altruism that I or any of the others on this forum engage in? Don't assume the silence of myself or others on this subject as a lack of charity or altruism on our behalf.

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:40 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18

Christianity considers Pride one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Buddhism considers Pride as one of the Ten Fetters, one human attribute that stands in the way of enlightenment and leave us suffering in the cycle of existence.

What business is it of yours as to what and how much charity/altruism that I or any of the others on this forum engage in? Don't assume the silence of myself or others on this subject as a lack of charity or altruism on our behalf.

Even more, Jesus said that when you brag about your giving, you have received your reward in full....

Matthew quoting Jesus wrote:“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Jammer wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I am reminded of SherrifBarf at GPLV bragging about her vacations...oops, I meant "mission" trips.....

Thanks a lot. I had accomplished the task of totally putting that skank out of my mind.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Jammer wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Thanks a lot.  I had accomplished the task of totally putting that skank out of my mind.  

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She had the face and body even a mother couldn't love...woof, woof!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:55 am

BladeRunner wrote:I commend you for that, even though you do tend to toot your own horn about it.

Either that or I could be trying to lead by example.

I could have just suggested that people take this more proactive approach but you can bet dollars to donuts that it would have been met with a barrage of "why don't you practice what you preach?" Instead I showed what I do and show the benefits that I receive from making a real difference.

I find little value in "tooting my own horn" to a bunch of anonymous posters who have no clue who I am. What could I possibly gain from that? In the real world only family and close friends know and in my circle, this kind of activity is considered normal. In fact, this kind of thing used to be considered normal before the concept of community became a dirty word as we rushed into an 'every man for himself' world. The only horn I'm tooting is a desire to return to a world where people help their neighbors instead of just b!tching about them.

I could turn this around and accuse people of showing off their self proclaimed moral superiority by publicly bragging about their faith or their pro life credentials. But I'd rather lead by example, show people another path in a completely anonymous format where no one will ever know my real identity.

By being anonymous I could be anyone, your neighbor, your doctor, your waiter or anyone else you might meet. Look at any face you see day to day, I could be any one of them. But more importantly, look at any face on the street and you'll see Jesus. How will you treat him?

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

"He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 am

Thousands of eggs are deposited by a single salmon without a whimper to be heard but a chicken lays one egg and she lets the whole world know about it.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:43 am

Skeptical wrote:
Thousands of eggs are deposited by a single salmon without a whimper to be heard but a chicken lays one egg and she lets the whole world know about it.

Or is it just a classic example of irony where people bash someone for being boastful by boasting that they're too humble to boast? Wink

You can bash the messenger all you like but is it just a way to avoid a message that makes you uncomfortable? Would you like to address the message or is it enough to slay the messenger?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Now, does everyone's demand for humility in charitable giving extend beyond me? Will you stand up and trash all those individuals and corporations who widely announce their charitable works, not with one offhand comment by an anonymous poster on some obscure internet forum viewed by a throng of less than a dozen people, but with press releases to be plastered all over the news media and paid advertisements announcing their good works?

Is publicly displaying charitable works to boost corporate image acceptable?

Is publicly boasting that republicans give more than democrats to boost party image acceptable?

Have none of you ever mentioned any acts of charity you may have done, either anonymously on the pages of some insignificant internet forum, at work, at church, on a tax form or to anyone else who will listen?

Are your demands for charitable anonymity universal or only reserved for certain people?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:21 pm

It's a pity that you are so self-serving, but if you weren't you probably wouldn't be a progressive liberal.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Jammer wrote:It's a pity that you are so self-serving, but if you weren't you probably wouldn't be a progressive liberal.

He/She is starting to remind me of Sheriff Bart...ya think?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:It's a pity that you are so self-serving, but if you weren't you probably wouldn't be a progressive liberal.

I don't know, possibly. However, Sheriff Barf was really disgusting - I mean "throw up" type disgusting. This one just gags me a little.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

I don't know, possibly.   However, Sheriff Barf was really disgusting - I mean "throw up" type disgusting.  This one just gags me a little.

No that's Skeptical making you gag a little. Very little at that. Twisted Evil

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:59 am

Paquette wrote:Now, does everyone's demand for humility in charitable giving extend beyond me? Will you stand up and trash all those individuals and corporations who widely announce their charitable works, not with one offhand comment by an anonymous poster on some obscure internet forum viewed by a throng of less than a dozen people, but with press releases to be plastered all over the news media and paid advertisements announcing their good works?

Is publicly displaying charitable works to boost corporate image acceptable?

Is publicly boasting that republicans give more than democrats to boost party image acceptable?

Have none of you ever mentioned any acts of charity you may have done, either anonymously on the pages of some insignificant internet forum, at work, at church, on a tax form or to anyone else who will listen?

Are your demands for charitable anonymity universal or only reserved for certain people?  

Crickets.

That's alright, it's far easier to attack the messenger than admit that your demand for anonymous giving is extremely selective. Does your church give to the least of His brethren? Are they silent about it or do they speak out in an effort to gain more support for their causes? Does your favorite charity keep silent or do they publicize their work in an effort to get more people involved?

It's hard to miss the hypocrisy of people who boast about how morally superior they are for never advocating for charity by example. And I'm sure you would never further display that hypocrisy by failing to give equal treatment to ALL who dare mention how they might follow Christ's call to help the least of His brethren.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next