Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Thought we Ended the Space Program....

+3
Skeptical
nightlight88
Dr. Evil
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... Empty I Thought we Ended the Space Program....

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:55 pm

...but Obama is still shooting the moon!!

Boom! Nasdaq finally tops 5,000 again
http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/02/investing/nasdaq-hits-5000/index.html

The markets have been skyrocketing and hiring is really taking off.  Too bad we have such stringent term limits.

Obama's strong dollar sure hurt my grain markets but luckily I have one leg on both sides of the fence.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... Empty Re: I Thought we Ended the Space Program....

Post  nightlight88 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:09 am

Dr. Jones wrote:...but Obama is still shooting the moon!!

The markets have been skyrocketing and hiring is really taking off.  Too bad we have such stringent term limits.

Obama's strong dollar sure hurt my grain markets but luckily I have one leg on both sides of the fence.

Just shows yiou the economy is trying to improve IN SPITE of Obama.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... Empty Re: I Thought we Ended the Space Program....

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

nightlight88 wrote:

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... Images11

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... Images11

You have the wrong image ... this is more accurate!

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... I_will10
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:42 am

nightlight88 wrote:

Obama's poll numbers are way down. The stock market has always mirrored his poll numbers (inversely proportional to).
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:51 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Obama's poll numbers are way down. The stock market has always mirrored his poll numbers (inversely proportional to).
They are way down?

Since when is 45% way down? I'd also like some proof of those "way down" numbers because the facts don't support your assertion.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Sure its not 70% like it used to be when he first became elected, but 45% is still better than most.

Congress approval rating is still abysmal, at 15%~.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/180113/2014-approval-congress-remains-near-time-low.aspx

Last edited by Caitlyn Piltover on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Congress approval rating.)
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Here's an interesting comparison: http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

It doesn't appear that Obama's numbers are off par.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:53 pm

I see our in house financial adviser is gazing into his cracked crystal ball again. Suspect

Reason #1 the stock market is going up is because of corporations repurchasing their stock. By doing so they remove shares from the market, reducing supply and increasing price. By law, companies eventually have to do something with their cash reserves to avoid tax penalties. Since many don't distribute dividends anymore and economic growth is still slow they've turned to repurchasing their own stock. Avoids tax penalties and makes their stock worth more.

Reason #2 the stock market is going up is many foreign central banks are parking their bloated currencies from their quantitative easing programs in the stock market. Bloomberg reports that of 23% of central bankers surveyed stated that their bank owns shares in the US stock market and are considering more purchases. The Bank of Japan, the Bank of Israel, Swiss National Bank and the Czech National Bank currently have 10% of their reserves in stocks. affraid

Out side of sequestration (austerity), very little Obama has done has had any impact on the dollar. He's been mostly sitting on the sidelines (surprise, surprise).

While our economy is still limping along, compared to our trading partners in Europe and Japan, we are going gang busters, boosting Wall Street and creating a safe haven for foreign capital.

Our trade balance has improved dramatically, due mostly to the boom in private U.S. oil and natural gas production which have dropped domestic energy prices and reduced U.S. imports. When you keep more dollars at home, a smaller trade gap occurs and the dollar increases in value.

While debt is still soaring, the deficit has shrunk due to sequestration (Obama's idea) and increased tax revenues due to an improving economy, all good news for a stronger dollar.

And while interest rates are still low (10-year U.S. Treasury yield, at 2.08% on 3/02/15) they beat the crap out of equivalent yields in Europe. German 10-year bund yields 0.36% and Japan where a 10 year bond yields 0.37%. The higher interest rates here in the US means US Treasuries are more attractive to foreign investors and creates yet another safe haven for foreign capital.

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 pm

I Thought we Ended the Space Program.... Jimmy-fallon-popcorn
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I see our in house financial adviser is gazing into his cracked crystal ball again.  Suspect

Reason #1 the stock market is going up is because of corporations repurchasing their stock. By doing so they remove shares from the market, reducing supply and increasing price. By law, companies eventually have to do something with their cash reserves to avoid tax penalties. Since many don't distribute dividends anymore and economic growth is still slow they've turned to repurchasing their own stock. Avoids tax penalties and makes their stock worth more.

Reason #2 the stock market is going up is many foreign central banks are parking their bloated currencies from their quantitative easing programs in the stock market. Bloomberg reports that of 23% of central bankers surveyed stated that their bank owns shares in the US stock market and are considering more purchases. The Bank of Japan, the Bank of Israel, Swiss National Bank and the Czech National Bank currently have 10% of their reserves in stocks. affraid

Out side of sequestration (austerity), very little Obama has done has had any impact on the dollar. He's been mostly sitting on the sidelines (surprise, surprise).

While our economy is still limping along, compared to our trading partners in Europe and Japan, we are going gang busters, boosting Wall Street and creating a safe haven for foreign capital.

Our trade balance has improved dramatically, due mostly to the boom in private U.S. oil and natural gas production which have dropped domestic energy prices and reduced U.S. imports. When you keep more dollars at home, a smaller trade gap occurs and the dollar increases in value.

While debt is still soaring, the deficit has shrunk due to sequestration (Obama's idea) and increased tax revenues due to an improving economy, all good news for a stronger dollar.

And while interest rates are still low (10-year U.S. Treasury yield, at 2.08% on 3/02/15) they beat the crap out of equivalent yields in Europe. German 10-year bund yields 0.36% and Japan where a 10 year bond yields 0.37%. The higher interest rates here in the US means US Treasuries are more attractive to foreign investors and creates yet another safe haven for foreign capital.

You can throw your entire diversionary post away except the one highlighted paragraph. That's right, the good ol' USofA is the premier investment spot in the world right now. Why is that? It's because of the steps we took to properly stabilize or economy. Crickers Gomezz, even Forbes is lauding Obama's performance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

I would be very interested in seeing a graph that supports this....

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I see our in house financial adviser is gazing into his cracked crystal ball again.  Suspect

You can throw your entire diversionary post away except the one highlighted paragraph.  That's right, the good ol' USofA is the premier investment spot in the world right now.  Why is that?  It's because of the steps we took to properly stabilize or economy.  Crickers Gomezz, even Forbes is lauding Obama's performance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/

Diversionary? WTF? You wet yourself over the NASDAQ cracking 5,000 but remain clueless as to why. I give you the facts but obviously that's overloaded your frontal lobes.

As for your Forbes article (I thought you always bashed Forbes when I use them for a source) Tyler Durden at Zero Hedge destroys Hartung's fantasy world with .... oh my ...... the facts. Read it and weep:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-09/obama-outperformed-reagan-hardly
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

All the time wanting ...what else is new with you??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

All the time wanting ...what else is new with you??

He has spent his entire life with his hand out wanting something for nothing all the while suckling the governments teet. Let's wait until he gets out into the real world and finally has to pay in rather than being on the receiving side.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

And where did these cash reserves come from?  Record profits.  How do you get record profits?  By people being willing to spend their hard earned money.  How do you get people to spend their hard earned money?  In our near term, post Great Recession era people needed to feel comfortable that our government wasn't going to allow the rug to be pulled out from under them as Republicans suggested we should have done.  

Agreed, we are offering a better environment to stash their money.

Obama was squarely behind our QE programs which IMO had a larger side effect than the actual intended purpose.  Our temporary cheap dollar was huge for exports and added a mountain of much needed stimulus.  

Our cheap dollar played a huge role in that, making our commodity and energy sectors very attractive to potential buyers.  Our trade balance is going to have a tough row to hoe though now with our much stronger dollar.  Our energy and commodities are going to suffer.

A+ for Obama there.

Again, we are back to having created a wonderful environment to entice outside money.

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
He has spent his entire life with his hand out wanting something for nothing all the while suckling the governments teet.  Let's wait until he gets out into the real world and finally has to pay in rather than being on the receiving side.
Nothing wrong with requesting proof from a poster who, apparently, cannot back up his claims.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
He has spent his entire life with his hand out wanting something for nothing all the while suckling the governments teet.  Let's wait until he gets out into the real world and finally has to pay in rather than being on the receiving side.
Nothing wrong with requesting proof from a poster who, apparently, cannot back up his claims.

Said the pot to the kettle.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Skeptical wrote:
I've backed up what I've said several times. Just because you don't agree with things does not make it wrong.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:52 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
I've backed up what I've said several times. Just because you don't agree with things does not make it wrong.

If its on the internet, it MUST be true.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:17 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
They are way down?

Since when is 45% way down? I'd also like some proof of those "way down" numbers because the facts don't support your assertion.

Sure its not 70% like it used to be when he first became elected, but 45% is still better than most.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/180113/2014-approval-congress-remains-near-time-low.aspx

According to your link Obama's job disapproval rating is 50%.

!) When the President (or for that matter any incumbent's) approval rating drops below 50% it is not considered a good thing.

2) When a President's (or for that matter any incumbent's) disapproval numbers are larger than his approval numbers it is not considered a good thing.

Time to hit the reset button Nicci.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
They are way down?

!) When the President (or for that matter any incumbent's) approval rating drops below 50% it is not considered a good thing.

2) When a President's (or for that matter any incumbent's) disapproval numbers are larger than his approval numbers it is not considered a good thing.

Good or not, Obama's numbers are actually quite standard at his place in his presidency. Sorry if that doesn't support your thesis.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
They are way down?

Good or not, Obama's numbers are actually quite standard at his place in his presidency.  Sorry if that doesn't support your thesis.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

That's correct. Note fumb duck, typical or not, I stated that any incumbent (which includes Dems, Rep, Commies, Fascists, etc) that polls under 50% is not considered a good thing especially when his/her disapproval rating is larger than his/her approval. Sighhhhhhhhh. Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:26 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
They are way down?

Good or not, Obama's numbers are actually quite standard at his place in his presidency.  Sorry if that doesn't support your thesis.

That's correct. Note fumb duck, typical or not, I stated that any incumbent (which includes Dems, Rep, Commies, Fascists, etc) that polls under 50% is not considered a good thing especially when his/her disapproval rating is larger than his/her approval. Sighhhhhhhhh. Sleep

Agreed, we should always ask for more of our elected officials. The status quo just isn't enough.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
They are way down?

Agreed, we should always ask for more of our elected officials.  The status quo just isn't enough.

That isn't what I said but thanks for that spin. Rolling Eyes Frankly I don't want any more of the Great and Wondrous "O". If he finished off his term playing golf in Hawaii, I'd be ok with that.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
They are way down?

Agreed, we should always ask for more of our elected officials.  The status quo just isn't enough.

That isn't what I said but thanks for that spin. Rolling Eyes Frankly I don't want any more of the Great and Wondrous "O". If he finished off his term playing golf in Hawaii, I'd be ok with that.

Sorry I missed your mark, let me take another stab at it:

We should be asking for more from Obama than what we've gotten from past Presidents.  The status quo just isn't enough.

I agree with that as well.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next