Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

80 on the Interstate?

+9
Clicker
Darth Cheney
nightlight88
Alleycat
Caitlyn Piltover
Gomezz Adddams
Jammer
Skeptical
Dr. Evil
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

80 on the Interstate? Empty 80 on the Interstate?

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 pm

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/09/house-committee-votes-interstate-speed-mph/24647227/

I already pass people pretty readily driving 75-80 down the interstate. This also puts the 5 mph over club at 85. I say leave well enough alone.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

80 on the Interstate? Empty Re: 80 on the Interstate?

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:01 pm

It's unfortunate that there isn't a "who gives a rat's ass" category. I don't believe anybody is interested in your driving habits !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Skeptical wrote:
It's unfortunate that there isn't a "who gives a rat's ass" category.  I don't believe anybody is interested in your driving habits !

You don't think that a possible speed limit change is worth bringing up for conversation?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
It's unfortunate that there isn't a "who gives a rat's ass" category.  I don't believe anybody is interested in your driving habits !

You don't think that a possible speed limit change is worth bringing up for conversation?

Not with a dumbass liberal.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 am

Dr. Jones wrote:http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/09/house-committee-votes-interstate-speed-mph/24647227/

I already pass people pretty readily driving 75-80 down the interstate.  This also puts the 5 mph over club at 85.  I say leave well enough alone.

I say raise the speed limit and increase enforcement on scofflaws like yourself who have no regard for traffic laws. At least set it at 80 on sections of the interstate out in the Wastelands on your way to Bumfcuk.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
I say raise the speed limit and increase enforcement on scofflaws like yourself who have no regard for traffic laws. At least set it at 80 on sections of the interstate out in the Wastelands on your way to Bumfcuk.
Raising that speed limit when the roads are not built for it in addition it is not mpg efficient is a waste of time and money.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:55 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Raising that speed limit when the roads are not built for it in addition it is not mpg efficient is a waste of time and money.  
The Interstate Highways are built for those speeds for automobiles. Trucks are a different thing. So far as the effeciency gas mileage ect that is the drivers problem. After 60 mph fuel mileage drops and tire wear goes way up. If you can afford it and want to pay the cost ,that is no one elses business.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:06 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Are you a civil engineer ?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Alleycat wrote:
The Interstate Highways are built for those speeds for automobiles. Trucks are a different thing. So far as the effeciency gas mileage ect that is the drivers problem. After 60 mph fuel mileage drops and tire wear goes way up. If you can afford it and want to pay the cost ,that is no one elses business.
Sorry, I meant to say the cars on the road are not kept in the condition needed to maintain that speed. I also don't think the roads are in good enough repair, especially the more rural you go in South Dakota.

Most people do not keep their vehicles in good enough condition to warrant the speed limit increase, especially the suspension.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I believe intestate speeds in the late 60s or early 70s were 90 mph. Cars were not as well built of handling those kind of speeds as they are today. I say unlimited speed limits to any liberal moving away from our state.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I believe intestate speeds in the late 60s or early 70s were 90 mph.  Cars were not as well built of handling those kind of speeds as they are today. I say unlimited speed limits to any liberal moving away from our state.

Nevada had no speed limit using a "reasonable and prudent" standard. During the day of the Federal mandated 55, Montana gave $5 tickets for wasting fuel and pretty much didn't enforce any speed limit.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote: Sorry, I meant to say the cars on the road are not kept in the condition needed to maintain that speed.

Why didn't you say this in the first place?

Last edited by Skeptical on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Sorry, I meant to say the cars on the road are not kept in the condition needed to maintain that speed. I also don't think the roads are in good enough repair, especially the more rural you go in South Dakota.

Most people do not keep their vehicles in good enough condition to warrant the speed limit increase, especially the suspension.

The 80mph limit would only apply to the Interstates. Pay attention.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

I have run north up through Fallon Nevada at 96 mph with a Kenworth several times. It could be done about anywhere on I90 here in SD

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:30 pm

The limit on the Kansas turnpike was 80 when it opened. There is a long stretch of I 20 in Tx that is posted at 80 as well
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
I'm referring to the interstates. You can see the disrepair that is prudent along the I90 corridor between Mitchell and Chamberlain, not to mention between Brookings/Watertown and Aberdeen.

Those are several stretches that could use a heavy overhaul before this could be implemented.

Again, people are not keeping their cars in good enough repair for this either.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
I'm referring to the interstates. You can see the disrepair that is prudent along the I90 corridor between Mitchell and Chamberlain, not to mention between Brookings/Watertown and Aberdeen.

Those are several stretches that could use a heavy overhaul before this could be implemented.

WTF? The Interstate doesn't go to Aberdeen.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

There has been several new paving projects on  I90 between the east state line and the west state line in SD . I can see no place that the speed could not be 80 or better.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Do you think the South Dakota legislature will conduct a poll to find out how many maintain their vehicles and use that as a factor to pass or not pass the proposal ?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:30 pm

I believe the entire interstate system in SD has been replaced recently...except that stretch through Aberdeen 80 on the Interstate? 3640508871
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:I believe the entire interstate system in SD has been replaced recently...except that stretch through Aberdeen 80 on the Interstate? 3640508871
You are right on.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Yes Caitlyn it seems that ever since lots of people didn't have enough money to repair their vehicles during the later years of the last Bush presidency the cars one the road have drifted more and more to disrepair.

Hopefully with the economics gradually improving for many they will be able to get ahead on the repair of their vehicles.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Do you think the South Dakota legislature will conduct a poll to find out how many maintain their vehicles and use that as a factor to pass or not pass the proposal ?

They simply need to survey that stretch of Hwy 212 on the west side of the river across from Gettysburg to see the current state of repair of vehicles in SD.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Yes Caitlyn it seems that ever since lots of people didn't have enough money to repair their vehicles during the later years of the last Bush presidency the cars one the road have drifted more and more to disrepair.

Hopefully with the economics gradually improving for many they will be able to get ahead on the repair of their vehicles.

Are you that brain damaged or do you work on being stupid? Don't you know that Obama's Cash for Clunkers took all the liberal POS vehicles off the road and allowed dumbasses to go into debt they couldn't afford to buy new, high priced vehicles?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

Are you that brain damaged or do you work on being stupid?   Don't you know that Obama's Cash for Clunkers took all the liberal POS vehicles off the road and allowed dumbasses to go into debt they couldn't afford to buy new, high priced vehicles?

Your claim that people bought new, high priced cars in the early years of Barack's presidency does not square with the present state of  poor repair of many vehicles.  Many people did NOT buy new vehicles in this program.  They continued with the cars they had.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum