Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nino to Come to Sioux Falls

4 posters

Go down

Nino to Come to Sioux Falls Empty Nino to Come to Sioux Falls

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:21 am

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is coming March 9 to Sioux Falls to speak at Augustana College University on the "living constitution" vs original meaning. Scalia is an awesome intellect with an acerbic wit who's not above using sarcasm and scathing ridicule in his court opinions. Plus he's funny and entertaining to boot. Put on by the Boe Forum, tickets are free. I already printed mine out last night.  cheers
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Nino to Come to Sioux Falls Empty Re: Nino to Come to Sioux Falls

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:00 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is coming March 9 to Sioux Falls to speak at Augustana College University on the "living constitution" vs original meaning. Scalia is an awesome intellect with an acerbic wit who's not above using sarcasm and scathing ridicule in his court opinions. Plus he's funny and entertaining to boot. Put on by the Boe Forum, tickets are free. I already printed mine out last night.  cheers
Awwww.....I see the ol' barrel of applesauce is taking his pitty party on the road.   I'd love to attend but I'm allergic to whine.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:37 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is coming March 9 to Sioux Falls to speak at Augustana College University on the "living constitution" vs original meaning. Scalia is an awesome intellect with an acerbic wit who's not above using sarcasm and scathing ridicule in his court opinions. Plus he's funny and entertaining to boot. Put on by the Boe Forum, tickets are free. I already printed mine out last night.  cheers
Awwww.....I see the ol' barrel of applesauce is taking his pitty party on the road.   I'd love to attend but I'm allergic to whine.

Scalia is the most active of the Justices speaking and lecturing. In fact most of his lectures are in law schools since teaching is a passion of his. I'd pay to see one of his lectures and feel very fortunate to hear him for free. I can understand how a person like yourself who struggles to understand polysyllabic words would be intimidated by a great intellect. In the spirit of Nino, bah-fungoo!
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Can't wait to see the mindless idiot drones protesting outside the event.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Scalia is the most active of the Justices speaking and lecturing. In fact most of his lectures are in law schools since teaching is a passion of his. I'd pay to see one of his lectures and feel very fortunate to hear him for free. I can understand how a person like yourself who struggles to understand polysyllabic words would be intimidated by a great intellect. In the spirit of Nino, bah-fungoo!

Here's a fun word for you: Textualism. Why does Scalia choose to toss aside the drafters' explanations of their intent in our Constitutional and other laws?  Is it because it creates a fast track for revisionism?  

Justice Scalia:
We're not governed by the drafters' intent, we're governed by laws.

Says a lot right there.... That's an extremely dangerous philosophy for someone in his position.

http://dailynightly.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13416169-scalia-judges-should-interpret-words-not-intent?lite

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:06 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Here's a fun word for you: Textualism. Why does Scalia choose to toss aside the drafters' explanations of their intent in our Constitutional and other laws?  Is it because it creates a fast track for revisionism?  

Justice Scalia:
We're not governed by the drafters' intent, we're governed by laws.

Says a lot right there.... That's an extremely dangerous philosophy for someone in his position.

http://dailynightly.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13416169-scalia-judges-should-interpret-words-not-intent?lite

Maybe you could show me the founders intent to kill unborn babies and allow que-ers to marry?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down