Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zika Epidemic

4 posters

Go down

Zika Epidemic  Empty Zika Epidemic

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:21 pm

33 members of our military have Zika. Isn't it time we close our borders to them?

33 U.S. military members have contracted Zika
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/zika-33-military-members-contract-disease/index.html

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Zika Epidemic  Empty Re: Zika Epidemic

Post  Skeptical Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:55 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:33 members of our military have Zika.  Isn't it time we close our borders to them?

What would closing our borders to our military accomplish??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:33 members of our military have Zika.  Isn't it time we close our borders to them?

33 U.S. military members have contracted Zika
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/zika-33-military-members-contract-disease/index.html

citizens ≠ immigrants/refugees/illegal aliens
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:12 pm

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/birth-defects/zika-virus-everything-pregnant-women-should-know/

I think we have a moral obligation to do everything in our power to protect our unborn children from the dehibilitating effects of this virus, which includes easier access to reduced cost or free prescription contraception.  What are your thoughts?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 am

Dr. Jones wrote:http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/birth-defects/zika-virus-everything-pregnant-women-should-know/

I think we have a moral obligation to do everything in our power to protect our unborn children from the dehibilitating effects of this virus, which includes easier access to reduced cost or free prescription contraception.  What are your thoughts?

Contraception will do nothing to protect an unborn child since it has already been conceived. Also, since zika can be transmitted by sex, birth control pills will not protect against transmission. Condoms are probably the better choice and they are beyond cheap.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/birth-defects/zika-virus-everything-pregnant-women-should-know/

Contraception will do nothing to protect an unborn child since it has already been conceived. Also, since zika can be transmitted by sex, birth control pills will not protect against transmission. Condoms are probably the better choice and they are beyond cheap.

I'm afraid that yet again you've either missed the point, or are ignoring it. Obviously contraception does nothing to stop the spread of STD'S nor is it to be used post conception. However, we need to do whatever it takes to decrease the chance of unintended pregnancy, given the circumstances surrounding the Zika vurus. Which is why we need to be in full support of things like full, easy access to prescription contraception, and organizations like Planned Parenthood that deal specifically with pregnancy and prevention of pregnancy.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:33 pm

We all need to be in support of federally funded euthanasia for all repressive liberals.  That will solve all of our problems.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Every liberal guy I know say they always put on a condom before engaging in sex just like they were taught in sex ed in school.

Here is proof they do.

Zika Epidemic  Condom10

They still can't understand how the partner got pregnant!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Every liberal guy I know say they always put on a condom before engaging in sex just like they were taught in sex ed in school.

Here is proof they do.

Zika Epidemic  Condom10

Do you really want to make this about personal responsibility? What about the kids?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Dr. Jones wrote: Do you really want to make this about personal responsibility?  What about the kids?

Heck, you liberals might follow the lead of Christopher Columbus ... be brave ... try something new ... try taking personal responsibility for your actions !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Dr. Jones wrote: Do you really want to make this about personal responsibility?  What about the kids?

Heck, you liberals might follow the lead of Christopher Columbus ... be brave ... try something new ... try taking personal responsibility for your actions !

Seriously, what about the kids? Shouldn't we do all we can to protect them?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Here is proof they do.

Zika Epidemic  Condom10

Do you really want to make this about personal responsibility?  What about the kids?

What kids? If you are pregnant and have zika, all the contraceptives in the world won't help. If you're a woman who has had sex with an infected male without using a condom there's a good chance that you'll be infected. Oral contraceptives won't help either.

But if it's oral contraceptives you want then they are available for under $10 - $15 a month, about the price of a case of beer or two packs of cigarettes. Condoms are even less and the dude can pay for those.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I'm afraid that yet again you've either missed the point, or are ignoring it.  Obviously contraception does nothing to stop the spread of STD'S nor is it to be used post conception.  However,  we need to do whatever it takes to decrease the chance of unintended pregnancy, given the circumstances surrounding the Zika vurus.  Which is why we need to be in full support of things like full, easy access to prescription contraception, and organizations like Planned Parenthood that deal specifically with pregnancy and prevention of pregnancy.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:50 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I'm afraid that yet again you've either missed the point, or are ignoring it.  Obviously contraception does nothing to stop the spread of STD'S nor is it to be used post conception.  However,  we need to do whatever it takes to decrease the chance of unintended pregnancy, given the circumstances surrounding the Zika vurus.  Which is why we need to be in full support of things like full, easy access to prescription contraception, and organizations like Planned Parenthood that deal specifically with pregnancy and prevention of pregnancy.

An ob-gyn doctor's association in Puerto Rico is handing out free contraception but there is an interesting dynamic at work:

"Here in Puerto Rico, I don't know why, [but] contraception is difficult," she says. "In terms of condoms, you can get them everywhere, but people don't want to buy them. They want to have them for free."

Jeebus, you can buy condoms for 50¢ but I guess that's too much to spring for for some guys.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/06/488992750/puerto-rican-ob-gyns-offer-free-birth-control-to-fight-zika
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

An ob-gyn doctor's association in Puerto Rico is handing out free contraception but there is an interesting dynamic at work:

"Here in Puerto Rico, I don't know why, [but] contraception is difficult," she says. "In terms of condoms, you can get them everywhere, but people don't want to buy them. They want to have them for free."

Jeebus, you can buy condoms for 50¢ but I guess that's too much to spring for for some guys.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/08/06/488992750/puerto-rican-ob-gyns-offer-free-birth-control-to-fight-zika

Again, you're going to play the personal responsibility card instead of doing all you to can to make sure that we don't risk exposing an unexpected baby to the Zika virus?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Again, you're going to play the personal responsibility card instead of doing all you to can to make sure that we don't risk exposing an unexpected baby to the Zika virus?

From the CDC: "Pregnant women and their partners should use condoms and other barriers to prevent sexual transmission of Zika virus, or not have sex throughout the pregnancy."

Note Fcukstik, oral contraceptives aren't going to do jack to prevent the spread of zika. Only barrier methods (condoms) or abstinence will work.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

From the CDC: "Pregnant women and their partners should use condoms and other barriers to prevent sexual transmission of Zika virus, or not have sex throughout the pregnancy."

Note Fcukstik, oral contraceptives aren't going to do jack to prevent the spread of zika. Only barrier methods (condoms) or abstinence will work.

And yet again, I'm not referring to the spread of Zika, which we all know mosquitoes do a great job of (condoms or no condoms).  I'm talking about protecting against the infection of a potential fertilized egg.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum