Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Higher taxes slow retail spending...

+4
RedWhiteBlue
nightlight88
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
8 posters

Go down

Higher taxes slow retail spending... Empty Higher taxes slow retail spending...

Post  BladeRunner Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 am

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Higher taxes slow retail spending... Empty Re: Higher taxes slow retail spending...

Post  Darth Cheney Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 am

Impossible...Oblahblah says you raise taxes and increase government spending to improve the economy.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Higher taxes slow retail spending... Empty Re: Higher taxes slow retail spending...

Post  nightlight88 Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 pm

BladeRunner wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/13/us-retail-sales-idUSBRE91C0U520130213

Of course, most of us on this site know this....

Brain damage is a required characteristic in being a mod in the forum that shall not be named.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 pm

BladeRunner wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/13/us-retail-sales-idUSBRE91C0U520130213

Of course, most of us on this site know this....

That sure changed now. People buying like nuts now. Going in debt like big brother.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Haven't you all heard that the only way to prosperity is borrow and spend, borrow and spend, borrow and spend.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Haven't you all heard that the only way to prosperity is borrow and spend, borrow and spend, borrow and spend.

I figure we all know how that came out. I think we learned from that. Made it hard on this and last congress & they're not moving too fast on fixing it. Wimps.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Who's taxes went up? Mine havent, Im at the same rate I was for the last few years.
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Twinkies wrote:Who's taxes went up? Mine havent, Im at the same rate I was for the last few years.

Only if you are self-employed and pay 100% of your social security "contribution"...otherwise, you were getting a 2% cut.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Twinkies wrote:Who's taxes went up? Mine havent, Im at the same rate I was for the last few years.

Only if you are self-employed and pay 100% of your social security "contribution"...otherwise, you were getting a 2% cut.

Nothing was different about being self-employed.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:04 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

The employees contribution was reduced by 2% to stimulate the economy. Why are you trying to misrepresent Obama's program?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

The employees contribution was reduced by 2% to stimulate the economy. Why are you trying to misrepresent Obama's program?

Same as self employed. Why did you say it was different? You said it was the same "Only if you are self-employed and pay 100% of your social security "contribution"...otherwise, you were getting a 2% cut". You said that. Not true. Self-employed was the same as employed. No difference.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Same as self employed. Why did you say it was different? You said it was the same "Only if you are self-employed and pay 100% of your social security "contribution"...otherwise, you were getting a 2% cut". You said that. Not true. Self-employed was the same as employed. No difference.

I'll type slow so you can understand...self employed people pay their taxes quarterly set from the previous years tax obligation. Hourly/salaried employes are paid weekly or biweekly with withholding taken out of their checks...they could see a difference in their take home pay. Self employed people did not see any difference as their combined tax obligation was established from the previous year so there was no reduction in their quarterly payments to the IRS. They saw nothing, no change. Employees paid weekly or biweekly noticed the 2% increase in their take home pay although the actual rates were never changed and only the withholding tax tables. At the en of the year they saw a little less in tax withholding coming back or having to pay in a little more to make up for the "reduction" that actually never occurred. You need to understand, liberals are stupid...they believe the crap spread out before them from the government without questioning its authenticity. I won't charge you for this lesson but from now on you will have to pay for an education as I am not a government paid union employee sucking off the taxpayer teet.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

I'll type slow so you can understand...self employed people pay their taxes quarterly set from the previous years tax obligation. Hourly/salaried employes are paid weekly or biweekly with withholding taken out of their checks...they could see a difference in their take home pay. Self employed people did not see any difference as their combined tax obligation was established from the previous year so there was no reduction in their quarterly payments to the IRS. They saw nothing, no change. Employees paid weekly or biweekly noticed the 2% increase in their take home pay although the actual rates were never changed and only the withholding tax tables. At the en of the year they saw a little less in tax withholding coming back or having to pay in a little more to make up for the "reduction" that actually never occurred. You need to understand, liberals are stupid...they believe the crap spread out before them from the government without questioning its authenticity. I won't charge you for this lesson but from now on you will have to pay for an education as I am not a government paid union employee sucking off the taxpayer teet.

I wasn't asking you. I was telling you. Nothing was different about being self-employed. The 2% was the same tax holiday, no matter if you were an employee or were self employed. You are wrong about that. Period.

Typing slow huh. Real old and not that funny. But the rest of that garbage you spewed out in this post really was great for laughs. I only found a couple of short phrases or parts to even resemble the truth. Where did you get that crap anyway? You must be your own 'liberal' that you believed it without questioning, like you said.
Thanks for not charging. I enjoyed the free entertainment.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 am

Hey Darth. Where did you get that crap? That's the kind of stuff that gets people so screwed up on tax stuff. Who is spreading that, besides you & you must have got it somewhere.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 am

RedWhiteBlue wrote:Hey Darth. Where did you get that crap? That's the kind of stuff that gets people so screwed up on tax stuff. Who is spreading that, besides you & you must have got it somewhere.

Is there anyone there that is considerably smarter I could discuss grownup issues with?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:32 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:Hey Darth. Where did you get that crap? That's the kind of stuff that gets people so screwed up on tax stuff. Who is spreading that, besides you & you must have got it somewhere.

Is there anyone there that is considerably smarter I could discuss grownup issues with?

Higher taxes slow retail spending... 1106906410
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:

You seem to believe that crap you spewed about the 2%, self-employed, etc. Let's see you defend some of it. Hell, you don't even know the difference between income tax and FICA tax. Most average joes know at least that much.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:48 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

You seem to believe that crap you spewed about the 2%, self-employed, etc. Let's see you defend some of it. Hell, you don't even know the difference between income tax and FICA tax. Most average joes know at least that much.

I will approach this from another angle and keep the questions and answers to the point so you quit spewing crap....

What tax did Obama reduce so people would take home more pay?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

I will approach this from another angle and keep the questions and answers to the point so you quit spewing crap....

Jeeezzz try asking a question that makes sense. If you're talking about the 2% FICA tax holiday, you claimed it was "a "reduction" that actually never occurred." Now you ask as if it did. You are wrong of course. It did occur and self-employed people also got the break, contrary to what you said in that crap-filled post. Now you give Obama all the credit for it. lol

"Dec. 2011. A payroll tax cut package engineered by House Speaker John A. Boehner was overwhelmingly approved by Republicans despite a veto threat from President Obama, escalating a year-end showdown over extending the benefit for 160 million American workers.
Passage of the measure Tuesday was a momentary victory for the speaker, who has struggled to get reluctant Republicans on board for the tax break, which puts a $1,000 in average workers' pockets. It was approved 234-193, with 224 Republicans and 10 Democrats."
The Senate vote was 89-10.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:03 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Jeeezzz try asking a question that makes sense. If you're talking about the 2% FICA tax holiday, you claimed it was "a "reduction" that actually never occurred." Now you ask as if it did. You are wrong of course. It did occur and self-employed people also got the break, contrary to what you said in that crap-filled post. Now you give Obama all the credit for it. lol

"Dec. 2011. A payroll tax cut package engineered by House Speaker John A. Boehner was overwhelmingly approved by Republicans despite a veto threat from President Obama, escalating a year-end showdown over extending the benefit for 160 million American workers.
Passage of the measure Tuesday was a momentary victory for the speaker, who has struggled to get reluctant Republicans on board for the tax break, which puts a $1,000 in average workers' pockets. It was approved 234-193, with 224 Republicans and 10 Democrats."
The Senate vote was 89-10.

Next Question: Where does the government get its money?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:35 pm

What crap? The 2% "tax holiday" didn't effect my quarterly estimated tax payment one bit. I paid the same every quarter that was estimated when I filed in April of '11 and '12. Will the 2% impact my final calculations of my tax return? Sure. But that isn't what Darth is talking about. Sheesh!
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

What crap? The 2% "tax holiday" didn't effect my quarterly estimated tax payment one bit. I paid the same every quarter that was estimated when I filed in April of '11 and '12. Will the 2% impact my final calculations of my tax return? Sure. But that isn't what Darth is talking about. Sheesh!

Should have. If you were at the max, your quarterly would've dropped by $534.00, or $2,136.00 annual. Should have been figured in those years. Lots of notices sent out reminding you of that. Must have overpaid, huh? Not real smart. Your money, why let gov't have it all year.

More nonsense in that post by Darth, like when he said, "the actual rates were never changed and only the withholding tax tables. At the en of the year they saw a little less in tax withholding coming back or having to pay in a little more to make up for the "reduction" that actually never occurred."
The rates were too changed. Sheesh! Tables wouldn't be changed if the rates weren't. The "never occurred" was funny too. What does he think all the political hoopla about raising them back was about? Sheesh! is right.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:15 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Should have. If you were at the max, your quarterly would've dropped by $534.00, or $2,136.00 annual. Should have been figured in those years. Lots of notices sent out reminding you of that. Must have overpaid, huh? Not real smart. Your money, why let gov't have it all year.

More nonsense in that post by Darth, like when he said, "the actual rates were never changed and only the withholding tax tables. At the en of the year they saw a little less in tax withholding coming back or having to pay in a little more to make up for the "reduction" that actually never occurred."
The rates were too changed. Sheesh! Tables wouldn't be changed if the rates weren't. The "never occurred" was funny too. What does he think all the political hoopla about raising them back was about? Sheesh! is right.

The government also funded the 2% so SS never saw one less dime. Any idea where government money comes from?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:58 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

The government also funded the 2% so SS never saw one less dime. Any idea where government money comes from?

Well Duh. Is that how you admit that you got it all screwed up? Glad you could learn something. I must have typed slow enough like your stupid line. Maybe now, you'll quit spreading false crap like that.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down