Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014

+2
Freedom Forever
Gomezz Adddams
6 posters

Go down

Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 Empty Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Michele Bachman is declining to run for House District 6 in 2014 citing 8 years is enough. No doubt she'd have a tough race in 2014 but a look at all of her races shows that they all have been close. While no Cincinnatus, I sure can appreciate any politician who has tired of that bs and can voluntarily walk away from power. God save us from the politician who comes to think of an elected office as his/her personal domain and either dies in office (Ted Kennedy) or stays around with failing health (Tim Johnson). Her announcing her intent now should clear the decks for the Republicans retaining a conservative district. Plenty of good candidates to run in her stead. Good luck to her and I don't think we've heard the last of her. cheers
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 Empty Re: Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014

Post  Freedom Forever Wed May 29, 2013 9:48 pm

The left is giddy. We need more true conservative running. But they will take a beating for it. Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 1298314358
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 Empty Re: Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 am

Freedom Forever wrote:The left is giddy. We need more true conservative running. But they will take a beating for it. Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 1298314358

Minnesota is beyond saving anyway...Stuart Smalley, Keith Ellifson, and the list goes on and on. Build a fence surrounding that cesspool and don't allow them into SD would be my recommendation.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Thu May 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:The left is giddy. We need more true conservative running. But they will take a beating for it. Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 1298314358

Minnesota is beyond saving anyway...Stuart Smalley, Keith Ellifson, and the list goes on and on. Build a fence surrounding that cesspool and don't allow them into SD would be my recommendation.

Back in 2006, I offered the MnSSR to CanaDUH as a Christmas present. They were smart enough to decline.
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 30, 2013 1:17 pm

By that announcement, Michelle Bachmann did a great favor for the GOP.
There was virtually no chance that she could win reelection. She was already behind in the straw poll for her district. When her former staffers' allegations proved true, her chances of even being allowed to run were questionable.

Recently: "The Federal Election Commission and the Office of Congressional Ethics opening investigations into whether her campaign concealed payments to an Iowa state senator who did work for her 2012 presidential bid. Last week, the FBI reportedly joined the inquiry....." (other allegations are also surfacing)

Bachmann's attorneys can possibly stall the investigations long enough for her to serve out her current term.
This 'not seek reelection' move was a good one for her. As a non-candidate, the investigations will not be as 'headline grabbing'. She may actually find a future on obscure talk shows, after the indictments are forgotten.

This really helps the GOP by giving them time to find a qualified/ethical candidate to run in that 'usually conservative' district in '14.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Considering nearly every single democrat serving is under some sort of investigation, I would imagine their statements of not running will be forthcoming.

Evil or Very Mad
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:The left is giddy.

IMO - The GOP is more "giddy" over this. Bachmann had become a liability. Her credibility (only 9% truthful statements) hit bottom. John McCain's reprimands ('Nothing Less Than An Unwarranted And Unfounded Attack') weren't even phasing her anymore. This is a 'win' for republicans.

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

IMO - The GOP is more "giddy" over this. Bachmann had become a liability. Her credibility (only 9% truthful statements) hit bottom. John McCain's reprimands ('Nothing Less Than An Unwarranted And Unfounded Attack') weren't even phasing her anymore. This is a 'win' for republicans.

I love it when liberals help us make these complicated decisions. Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 1249464066
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

I love it when liberals help us make these complicated decisions. Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 1249464066

I'm guessing that there may have been a GOP party push to bring these allegations forward. They did come from within the republican ranks.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 30, 2013 2:51 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

I'm guessing that there may have been a GOP party push to bring these allegations forward. They did come from within the republican ranks.

The republican party is full of Statists that are no different than the liberals. They are the ones that need to be and will be purged from the party. John Thune and Kristi Noem come to mind as I type that.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Who in the GOP gives a sheet about a McCain reprimand? "Ace" McCain should have left the party in 2001 when he had his little pity party or in 2004 when he was trolling for the #2 slot behind Kerry. Hell the Democrats didn't even want that sorry sack of bones. Ya know there is a laser treatment that'll remove that "L" tattoo on McCain's forehead. Kind of spendy but the Missus has enough cash to spring for it.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

The republican party is full of Statists that are no different than the liberals. They are the ones that need to be and will be purged from the party. John Thune and Kristi Noem come to mind as I type that.

Yep, The repubes are waaaaaay too conservative. It's killing the party!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Might as well just have one party then. Don't worry lefties, their working on it. And with your help, should succeed.

Next: "How to bypass congress" Sleep
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Who in the GOP gives a sheet about a McCain reprimand? "Ace" McCain should have left the party in 2001 when he had his little pity party or in 2004 when he was trolling for the #2 slot behind Kerry. Hell the Democrats didn't even want that sorry sack of bones. Ya know there is a laser treatment that'll remove that "L" tattoo on McCain's forehead. Kind of spendy but the Missus has enough cash to spring for it.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/30/mccain-says-we-can-identify-the-good-guys-in-syria-after-he-unwittingly-meets-with-kidnappers/comment-page-1/#comments
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/30/mccain-says-we-can-identify-the-good-guys-in-syria-after-he-unwittingly-meets-with-kidnappers/comment-page-1/#comments

"We can help the right people" Code for arming the mooslim brotherhood again. Did he use the word "Democracy" cause that will sell it to the L.I.V. McCain needs to go, he's senile.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Nothing in that last link about Bachmann at all, Darth.
Do you think her "bowing out" is a plus or a minus for the immediate future of the GOP?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Hansolo Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 am

Us true conservatives should be glad she's abandoning ship. Every time she opens her mouth 10 kinds of crazy comes shooting out. She is not helping the party.
Hansolo
Hansolo

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:39 pm

UPDATE: Now add money laundering:

"Investigation sources tell Take Action News the FBI is examining money laundering allegations against Bachmann, as well as possible wire fraud and mail fraud.
" - - - the key claims against Bachmann are coming from two of her former campaign insiders -- former Congressional chief of staff Andy Parrish and former national field coordinator Pete Waldron."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-shuster/new-details-in-fbi-crimin_b_3381810.html

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:44 pm

"Punish our enemies", Valerie Jarret
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Hansolo wrote:Us true conservatives should be glad she's abandoning ship. Every time she opens her mouth 10 kinds of crazy comes shooting out. She is not helping the party.

I don't agree. I would take 50 Michelle Bachman's any day compared to the jackwagon's that are there. That's like saying Glenn Beck is so crazy and ridiculous...except he has been correct nearly 100% of the time. It only sounds crazy because it is so against the norm but Oblahblah said he would fundamentally change this country and has.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:19 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:UPDATE: Now add money laundering:

"Investigation sources tell Take Action News the FBI is examining money laundering allegations against Bachmann, as well as possible wire fraud and mail fraud.
" - - - the key claims against Bachmann are coming from two of her former campaign insiders -- former Congressional chief of staff Andy Parrish and former national field coordinator Pete Waldron."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-shuster/new-details-in-fbi-crimin_b_3381810.html

David Shuster, chief cub reporter at "Take Action News" (how lame is that name?) has a major hard on for Tea Partiers and their supporters even stooping so low to use the puerile term "Teabaggers" (let's all giggle now) when "reporting" Just another in a long line of but insignificant talking heads over at MSNBC to get his nuts in a grinder and get suspended. Sleep Sleep Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:27 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:UPDATE: Now add money laundering:

Someone should tell David shuster that this is old news and was reported on by Luke Johnson over at the Huff n Puff back in April.

Parrish's affidavit backs up Waldron's allegations, but Parrish said he does not agree with Waldron's characterization of the payments as "money laundering."

"Congresswoman Bachmann knew of and approved this arrangement,” Parrish said. “She, like the rest of us, understood from Senator Sorenson that it did not run afoul of any Iowa Senate ethics rules. We relied on his representations in this regard."

Great reporting there Dave. Go back to doing horoscopes you loser.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/andy-parrish-affidavit_n_3132568.html
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Trashing the messenger/reporter won't inhibit the ongoing FBI investigation. Bachmann did a real service to the party, by dropping out ahead of this mess.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Of all the conspiracies to focus on...an imaginary one of a Congresswoman who said she is not seeking another term or a president swimming in scandals to many to mention in every facet of government.

To a mind deranged liberal the decision is simple. Michele Bachmann Declines to Run 2014 1106906410
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Hansolo wrote:Us true conservatives should be glad she's abandoning ship. Every time she opens her mouth 10 kinds of crazy comes shooting out. She is not helping the party.

Agreed Hansolo. Unfortunately for the rest of us, this came out today:

CBS News/ June 7, 2013, 10:24 AM
Bachmann: "I'm not going silent"

"She assured a friendly audience during an interview with Fox News' "Hannity," she won't be silent, and she won't leave the political stage.
"There's just a time when you've served, and then it's time to move on," Bachmann explained. "I'm not retiring. I'm not going silent. I'm not quitting my public involvement. In fact, I may run for another public office. That could happen, but for right now, I'm going to find another perch in order to be able to weigh in on these matters. Sometimes you be more effective on the outside than the inside.""

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down