Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SD minimum wage increase

+6
sodaknomad
Twinkies
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
Freedom Forever
RedWhiteBlue
10 posters

Go down

SD minimum wage increase Empty SD minimum wage increase

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:36 pm

"July 17, 2013 5:00 pm • Daniel Simmons-Ritchie Journal staff

The state Democratic Party announced Wednesday that it has filed a petition to raise the minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.50 an hour, with annual cost of living increases.

If the party can collect 15,855 signatures, South Dakotans will vote on the increase on the 2014 ballot."

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/democrats-push-to-raise-south-dakota-s-minimum-wage/articl

Good idea or not? Will you vote for this? Why or why not?
(I believe it was Blade who complained about his low wages a couple of months ago - so what do you think, Blade)

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

SD minimum wage increase Empty Re: SD minimum wage increase

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:50 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:"July 17, 2013 5:00 pm  •  Daniel Simmons-Ritchie Journal staff

The state Democratic Party announced Wednesday that it has filed a petition to raise the minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.50 an hour, with annual cost of living increases.

If the party can collect 15,855 signatures, South Dakotans will vote on the increase on the 2014 ballot."

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/democrats-push-to-raise-south-dakota-s-minimum-wage/articl

(I believe it was Blade who complained about his low wages a couple of months ago - so what do you think, Blade)

The crowning achievement of the democratic party (for the last 50 yrs) in its relentless quest to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Other then restaurants who is working for min wage any way. Get ta googling now. Let's see yer chart on wage stats. I don't have time or desire to do it, but know you do.

Yeah I'm sure Blade is working for min wage /D.A.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:06 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:"July 17, 2013 5:00 pm  •  Daniel Simmons-Ritchie Journal staff

Please explain in your mind how raising the minimum wage will raise the wages for everyone else.

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:21 pm

They should raise the minimum wage to $50/hr so everyone could be rich and stuff...how cool would that be? /lib
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:They should raise the minimum wage to $50/hr so everyone could be rich and stuff...how cool would that be? /lib
That would be awesome man! Where do I sign?
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:06 pm

BladeRunner wrote:

Please explain in your mind how raising the minimum wage will raise the wages for everyone else.

OK - I give up. You tell me.
How would raising the minimum wage, raise the wages for everyone else?
Do you think that happens? Do you have any substantiation of that?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Here we go again
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Twinkies wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:They should raise the minimum wage to $50/hr so everyone could be rich and stuff...how cool would that be? /lib

DemocratParty.com   they care more
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Sorry, that page doesn't exist!
The page you requested isn't here, but there are a few things you can try…
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:

The crowning achievement of the democratic party (for the last 50 yrs) in its relentless quest to appeal to the lowest common denominator.  Other then restaurants who is working for min wage any way. Get ta googling now.  Let's see yer chart on wage stats. I don't have time or desire to do it, but know you do.

Yeah I'm sure Blade is working for min wage /D.A.

I have no such chart, and nope - no time or desire either.
Do restaurant workers make minimum wage? I thought most were part-time. Tips can be good some places, though.
Due to the low unemployment rate in SD, I think most places starting wages are above minimum.
Personally, I don't think this necessary and I will vote against the measure if it makes it to ballot.
BTW - I'm confident that Blade makes more than minimum, aren't you?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Why are you asking me the same question I asked you?

SD minimum wage increase 1692663643 
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:57 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Why are you asking me the same question I asked you?

SD minimum wage increase 1692663643 

Are you referring to this as your question:
"Please explain in your mind how raising the minimum wage will raise the wages for everyone else." by Blade

If so, I do not think that raising the minimum wage would raise wages for everyone else.
Thus, my question - Do you think that it would? Why?
I never said, nor even indicated that I thought it would. Perhaps someone else said that?

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinkies Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

OK - I give up. You tell me.
How would raising the minimum wage, raise the wages for everyone else?
Do you think that happens? Do you have any substantiation of that?

Then everyone can be rich!!!
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm

No wonder the SD democrat party consists of 5 people. They are so inter-coursing stupid, I wonder how they even remember to breathe.

What happen when we raise the minimum wage? Businesses have to raise the costs of goods and services. What happens when people will no longer pay 10 bucks for a big mac? Businesses are forced to close.

What happens to minimum wage workers, when they aren't working? They become consumers, who have to pay more for goods and services because the minimum wage has been increased. You are not helping anyone that way, and the government isn't just poofing money out of thin air to help the poor workers earn a "living wage".

Government regulations cannot create money, they can only redistribute it.

pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:33 pm

pse1124 wrote:No wonder the SD democrat party consists of 5 people. They are so inter-coursing stupid, I wonder how they even remember to breathe.

What happen when we raise the minimum wage? Businesses have to raise the costs of goods and services. What happens when people will no longer pay 10 bucks for a big mac? Businesses are forced to close.

What happens to minimum wage workers, when they aren't working? They become consumers, who have to pay more for goods and services because the minimum wage has been increased. You are not helping anyone that way, and the government isn't just poofing money out of thin air to help the poor workers earn a "living wage".

I'd agree with you (for the most part) if you didn't sound so crazy. You catch more flies with honey than you do crazy!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Twinkies wrote:

In the line over there, you know, the one labeled "dipshits r us"

The democrat party line.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Liberal wrote:
pse1124 wrote:No wonder the SD democrat party consists of 5 people. They are so inter-coursing stupid, I wonder how they even remember to breathe.

I'd agree with you (for the most part) if you didn't sound so crazy. You catch more flies with honey than you do crazy!

I don't want to catch flies, or liberals, and i don't care what they think. If someone can look straight into a camera and say something like "for every dollar we give out in unemployment, it returns 2 dollars to the economy", and be totally serious. Than it's time to reject everything her and her party stands for and to dismiss anything they ever say. That includes the farce that is minimum wage. If you want your party to gain support from only the dumbest people on the planet, by promising them stuff, that really won't make their lives better, and will in fact make it worse, then have at it, but don't expect me to "tone down the rhetoric". I don't care what the dumbest, most ignorant people on the planet think. And if your feelings are hurt, try putting some brawndo on it. It has electrolytes.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:53 pm

My concern over this issue goes beyond just the plain lack of economic commonsense by the lame liberals, it has to do with the process they are using to reach their moronic objective.  The initiative and referendum process are progressive liberal tools that threaten our representative republic form of government.

Our Founding Fathers did everything possible to prevent our country from being a direct democracy. They knew that a direct democracy would lead to unwise, emotional, and hasty laws which would tear at the moral and republican nature of our society. Therefore, they established our system of government as a representative republic.

The initiative and referendum process are nothing short of a play on a direct democracy. Yes, most states have provisions in their state constitutions for these ill advised tools but it is only due to the activism of progressive liberals. Make no mistake about it, the initiative and referendum process are the tools used by progressive liberals to take the legislative responsibility out of the hands of our elected leaders and put it in the hands of an emotional and often less than adequately informed electorate.

The much needed deliberation by our legislators is bypassed. In place of thoughtful consideration and discussion are emotional interest group funded sound bites on TV. The people in the best position to represent our interests (legislators) are bypassed by this very progressive liberal strategy.

There are numerous articles by conservative groups regarding this issue. It would be wise for conservatives to study this issue closely. My personal opinion is that no true conservative would ever be in favor of the initiative or referendum process once they fully understood the true history surrounding it.

The following articles are interesting reads and hopefully helpful in learning more about what our system of government SHOULD BE, not what the progressive liberals have changed it to over the last century.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/05/01/californias-plight-confirms-the-founders-fears/

http://www.economist.com/node/18548119

http://hydeparkgh.blogspot.com/2011/05/direct-democracys-erosion-of.html
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down