Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society.....

+2
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
6 posters

Go down

Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society..... Empty Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society.....

Post  BladeRunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:52 am

Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society..... 2875671632
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society..... Empty Re: Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society.....

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:05 am

Dat new skool not like old skool.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society..... Empty Re: Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society.....

Post  Jammer Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:49 am

BladeRunner wrote:Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society..... 2875671632
The disgusting despicable liberals have literally destroyed our society. Their only remaining task is to put an educational system in place that will ensure the sustainability of their perverted philosophy. Therefore, they push forward with Common Core as the final nail in the coffin of a once great country. Their war on traditional family values will not be complete until there are no longer any surviving traditional families.

My only question is why have we allowed these degenerates to get away with it?
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:50 am

Jammer wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Yeah, that Common Core is so great for our society..... 2875671632
The disgusting despicable liberals have literally destroyed our society.  Their only remaining task is to put an educational system in place that will ensure the sustainability of their perverted philosophy.  Therefore, they push forward with Common Core as the final nail in the coffin of a once great country.  Their war on traditional family values will not be complete until there are no longer any surviving traditional families.

My only question is why have we allowed these degenerates to get away with it?  
Two reasons.

1. Lack of education about it caused by a media empire in cahoots with the liberals.

2. Apathy.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:11 am

This is going to hurt but actual experience...

My "partner" is a school teacher and has been taking training on "Common Core".  As you may have guessed, my "partner" doesn't have a liberal bone in their body. Anywho I have brought up the "Common Core" fears and she/he says they have not seen any liberal bias and in fact it is a very challenging curriculum.

(I attempted to make these comments gender neutral as not to offend any q-u-e-e-r-s, pedophiles, transgenders, or cross dressing perverts.)
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:This is going to hurt but actual experience...

My "partner" is a school teacher and has been taking training on "Common Core".  As you may have guessed, my "partner" doesn't have a liberal bone in their body. Anywho I have brought up the "Common Core" fears and she/he says they have not seen any liberal bias and in fact it is a very challenging curriculum.

(I attempted to make these comments gender neutral as not to offend any q-u-e-e-r-s, pedophiles, transgenders, or cross dressing perverts.)
Whew, I was afraid that you were going to leave out the cross dressing perverts.

I have heard both sides of the Common Core issue and while I am not close to it, I have come down on the side that it is bad.  I am not sure if teachers being "sold" the concept are getting all of the facts.

I will add a couple of links that are interesting, but more than likely similar to what you have already seen but I think worth the read.  

http://www.hughhewitt.com/talking-common-core-with-emmett-mcgroarty/

http://www.nccs.net/2013-07-common-core-vs-heritage-academys-standards.php

Even before reading many things on Common Core I was very skeptical even though I did not understand it.  I don't know of anything that liberals have sold that was ever what it was portrayed to be.

When it comes to education, I think the government is trying to be involved in 3 general areas.

1. Legislating compulsory schooling
2. Financing schooling
3. Administering schooling

My 30,000 foot view of that world is that issue #1 is OK, issue #3 is an absolute no and issue #2 is debatable depending upon the details of the argument.

If left unchecked, I am afraid that issue number 3 will lead to the "nationalization" or our educational system.  I don't like the idea of nationalized healthcare and I think the results would be the same for our educational system.

Finally I worry about the progressive liberal concept of a step at a time. Remember when Obama said that if we liked our healthcare insurance plan we could keep it? Well it didn't work out that way and I am convinced that SOCIALIZED medicine is on the horizon just a few more steps down the road. I think we run a risk if this Common Core thing gets going.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:12 pm

I just finished watching David Barton on the Blaze TV. He had a full hour on Common Core and it was very informative as well as interesting. Needless to say, David Barton was 100% opposed to Common Core. That alone is enough to give any conservative concern over Common Core.

He brought up a couple of issues that I had not heard before that makes one wonder. I would suggest that you locate the archived version of today's afternoon Glenn Beck show that had David Barton on it and watch it.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 pm

They had a Common Core conference today in Rapid City.  Here is a link for information on the American Clarion regarding the conference.  It sounds like the videos of the conference won't be posted for a few days.  However, I thought I would provide this in case you weren't aware of the conference and you can always check back to watch the videos if you have an interest.

http://www.americanclarion.com/23573/2013/08/24/south-dakota-common-core-conference-in-rapid-city/
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 am

Don't get me wrong...I am 100% against the Feral government being involved in education, everything they touch turns to crap.  According to my partner and the difficulty of what they are promoting it should highlight the failure of liberal indoctrination where it is prevalent.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Don't get me wrong...I am 100% against the Feral government being involved in education, everything they touch turns to crap.  According to my partner and the difficulty of what they are promoting it should highlight the failure of liberal indoctrination where it is prevalent.
I don't doubt you for a second Darth. However, some of these issues are complex and often not what they appear to be. I was undecided for a long time on this Common Core thing, but I am now convinced that it is a bad deal.

I am not 100% positive that I am right, but I do know one thing. It is better to kill these things early in their existence because once they take hold, it just seems that you can never get rid of them.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Don't get me wrong...I am 100% against the Feral government.
Hmm, putting out bait for the grammar Nazi I see!

(or was "Feral" describing the government as "wild, savage, unbroken, undomesticated, untamed, or  wilding")
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Don't get me wrong...I am 100% against the Feral government.
Hmm, putting out bait for the grammar Nazi I see!

(or was "Feral" describing the government as "wild, savage, unbroken, undomesticated, untamed, or  wilding")
The spelling was deliberate on this...more accurate.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:32 pm

To be honest I hadn't paid much attention to this since my kids are no longer in school. However this article on National Review Online is a real eye opener. Take for example the math standards being put in place are total crap, so much so that Professor James Milgram, the only math expert on the Validation Committee that reviewed the standards, concluded that the Common Core standards are “in large measure a political document that . . . is written at a very low level and does not adequately reflect our current understanding of why the math programs in the high-achieving countries give dramatically better results.” The same can be expected from the standards in English with it's heavy emphasis on informational learning (Time magazine for Kids) and a dearth of literature. In fact the standards represent a lowering of expectations and will hinder those students who are excelling at math and English. Once again we have a race to the bottom.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/347973/two-moms-vs-common-core

Also this article is pretty enlightening:

http://www.hslda.org/commoncore/topic12.aspx
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:18 pm

If you lower the standards enough don't we all win? /libtard clown 
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:To be honest I hadn't paid much attention to this since my kids are no longer in school. However this article on National Review Online is a real eye opener. Take for example the math standards being put in place are total crap, so much so that Professor James Milgram, the only math expert on the Validation Committee that reviewed the standards, concluded that the Common Core standards are “in large measure a political document that . . . is written at a very low level and does not adequately reflect our current understanding of why the math programs in the high-achieving countries give dramatically better results.” The same can be expected from the standards in English with it's heavy emphasis on informational learning (Time magazine for Kids) and a dearth of literature. In fact the standards represent a lowering of expectations and will hinder those students who are excelling at math and English. Once again we have a race to the bottom.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/347973/two-moms-vs-common-core

Also this article is pretty enlightening:

http://www.hslda.org/commoncore/topic12.aspx
I know the more I dug into it, the more it looked like another liberal piece of garbage.  I went from not knowing much about it and being indifferent on the issue to completely 100% against it.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 pm

I thought this was pretty good information on Common Core in a slide presentation format.

http://cuacc.org/Common%20Core%20-%20power%20point.pdf
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down