Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breach in Protocol ???

+4
Gomezz Adddams
Dr. Evil
Rusty Houser
Skeptical
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Breach in Protocol ??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:32 am

Breach in Protocol ??? - Page 3 Screen17

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:00 pm

In any organization whether it be a small business, a large business, or the federal government there is such a thing as an "Organizational Chart" showing the lines of responsibility and there is always at least one person at the top ... the person ultimately responsible for any and all actions/inactions of those departments below.

The CDC is one such department along with homeland security for example.

Right now the CDC is supposedly ?? calling the shots in this Ebola situation.

Follow the line from the CDC upward to the top and who is that person ... at present it is President Barack Obama's turn in the barrel to shoulder the ultimate responsibility should this disease grow into an epidemic should the CDC muck things up.

At some time the buck has to stop somewhere and at present it should stop at his feet.

If he fails to effect leadership changes in the handling of the situation then yes he is to blame.

FYI, he is activity trying to destroy this country.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Skeptical wrote:In any organization whether it be a small business, a large business, or the federal government there is such a thing as an "Organizational Chart" showing the lines of responsibility and there is always at least one person at the top ... the person ultimately responsible for any and all actions/inactions of those departments below.

Follow the line from the CDC upward to the top and who is that person ... at present it is President Barack Obama's turn in the barrel to shoulder the ultimate responsibility should this disease grow into an epidemic should the CDC muck things up.

At some time the buck has to stop somewhere and at present it should stop at his feet.

If he fails to effect leadership changes in the handling of the situation then yes he is to blame.

Leadership is the problem with BO. He can't, or won't, assume that role and many of his patronage appointments can't either. His fix for these problems is to appoint another hack to do the same thing the last hack did, freeze in the headlights.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Earlier in this thread Dr. Jones posted,

Now here is a question for the learned doctor.

Should this Ebola situation progress into a full blown epidemic or worse who will you blame?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Skeptical wrote:In any organization whether it be a small business, a large business, or the federal government there is such a thing as an "Organizational Chart" showing the lines of responsibility and there is always at least one person at the top ... the person ultimately responsible for any and all actions/inactions of those departments below.

So your saying all lines point to Reagan, and the buck stops with him on the the explosion of AIDS during his presidency?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:So your saying all lines point to Reagan, and the buck stops with him on the the explosion of AIDS during his presidency?

How quickly you forget what was said earlier,
As of this time I cannot find any source material where Mr. Reagan ordered or otherwise forced the gays to go forward and fornicate with other gays to increase the spread of the disease.  Perhaps you will provide that data.

I cannot find any evidence that there never was a case of aids within the US before Reagan or that he or one of his department heads caused it to be brought into the country.

If you will please post the source that Reagan was responsible for introducing Aids into this country or directed the gays to continue to fornicate with each other in order to spread the disease then there can be a discussion of Reagans role in the rapid spread of Aids.

And try to remember this thread is about E-B-O-L-A, not Aids.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:So your saying all lines point to Reagan, and the buck stops with him on the the explosion of AIDS during his presidency?

As of this time I cannot find any source material where Mr. Reagan ordered or otherwise forced the gays to go forward and fornicate with other gays to increase the spread of the disease.  Perhaps you will provide that data.

I cannot find any evidence that there never was a case of aids within the US before Reagan or that he or one of his department heads caused it to be brought into the country.

If you will please post the source that Reagan was responsible for introducing Aids into this country or directed the gays to continue to fornicate with each other in order to spread the disease then there can be a discussion of Reagans role in the rapid spread of Aids.

I never said Reagan brought it into the country, he was just horribly ineffective at containing it.

Have we officially made the full circle back to the point where you don't feel that these three American citizens deserved the right to have access to the best possible care?

BTW, the title of the thread says nothing about Ebola. It simply says "Breach in Protocol", which the AIDS outbreak would certainly fall under. Let's not change the rules midstream.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I never said Reagan brought it into the country, he was just horribly ineffective at containing it.

Have we officially made the full circle back to the point where you don't feel that these three American citizens deserved the right to have access to the best possible care?

BTW, the title of the thread says nothing about Ebola.  It simply says "Breach in Protocol", which the AIDS outbreak would certainly fall under.  Let's not change the rules midstream.

What is your obsession in bringing up something 30 years ago somehow attempting to justify the lack of control of this Ebola situation by the present administration?

Come back when you can learn to not put words into other poster's mouths.

FYI, this thread concerns Ebola until you decided to sidetrack it and bring Aids into it!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:WOW! This is not a disease where compassion should be trumping protocol. Obama has failed the country by a too little too late response by not at least ramping up surveillance at US airports on incoming foreign flights. While the borders might be impossible to close, they should have been severely restricted to non-citizens arriving from West Africa or hot countries. Arriving US citizens from hot zones should be tested and watched closely for symptoms. Non-citizens need to be turned away.

Meanwhile the leftist Agenda Project is now airing ads featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and other Republicans insinuating that the budget cuts brought on by President Obama's budget sequester plan are responsible for the Ebola outbreak. Of course the CDC has been slow to respond to this crisis due much to their own incompetence. Remember this is the same government entity responsible for the storage of small pox virus in unlabeled vials in cold storage unapproved for storage of deadly pathogens

This is also not a disease where politics should be trumping public safety.

As much as it pains me to agree with you,  public safety should always trump politics.

Politics was given the upper hand when it was decided to bring the disease to this country.

That said and as cold and uncompassionate as it sounds those Ebola patients, even though US citizens, never should have been brought to the country.  The so called experimental drug that apparently saved their lives should have been taken to them.

IMHO this sent a loud message that if a person has Ebola all needs to be done is get here and be treated.

There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

Sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

When talking about handling this epidemic or outbreak or situation or whatever you want to call it, wouldn't it be a good idea to look at how past incidences were handled so we can learn from those successes and failures?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Skeptical wrote:Right now the CDC is supposedly ?? calling the shots in this Ebola situation.

Why all the confusion about who is in charge?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Paquette wrote:When talking about handling this epidemic or outbreak or situation or whatever you want to call it, wouldn't it be a good idea to look at how past incidences were handled so we can learn from those successes and failures?

Excellent point.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Skeptical wrote:There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

I hadn't hear about this development, do you have any more details? What I have heard is that he didn't display any symptoms until several days after he arrived in the US.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Paquette wrote:When talking about handling this epidemic or outbreak or situation or whatever you want to call it, wouldn't it be a good idea to look at how past incidences were handled so we can learn from those successes and failures?

I don't recall any past incidence of Ebola in the US, I would like to read about it.

If you are talking about any other outbreak such as Polio or Aids, or Cholera or Typhus or Smallpox they all had different methods of transmission than Ebola and there just might be a common area of to look at.  Ebola is a whole different breed of cat, we are told there is only one way it is transmitted but is that correct?

So far scientists seem to have different opinions than Dr. Friedman.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:There now seems to be evidence Mr. Duncan did just that by masking symptoms and fever with OTC products such as Tylenol.

I hadn't hear about this development, do you have any more details? What I have heard is that he didn't display any symptoms until several days after he arrived in the US.

Bear with me while I try to find the link where the info came from.  If unable to find I will so state.

That's what results when sources are not linked.

Last edited by Skeptical on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm

WTF? CDC ok'd second nurse diagnosed with Ebola to fly with a temperature? Really? Aren't there any adults in the room? affraid

http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/page.php?pt=2nd+Ebola+Nurse+Called+CDC+Before+Boarding+Plane%2C+CDC+OK%27ed+It&id=11423&is_corp=0
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:

Bear with me while I try to find the link where the info came from.  If unable to find I will so state.

That's what results when sources are not linked.

UPDATE:
Looks as though I was in the correct movie but wrong seat.  FWIW the Tylenol slant was via an e-mail and I did not fully check it for validity.  I did locate the article referencing Tylenol, however it was in the form of, "what if he took Tylenol for a headache or other pain".

However it does appear he left Liberia under false documents:

Liberian authorities said Thursday they will prosecute Dallas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan when he returns home for allegedly lying on his airport departure screening questionnaire about whether he had had contact with a person infected with the virus.

The latest Ebola outbreak has killed 3,338 in Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Senegal and Nigeria, the World Health Organization says, prompting several West African countries to closely monitor travelers in and out of the country.

On the form obtained by the Associated Press and confirmed by a Liberian government official, Duncan answered "no" to questions about whether he had cared for an Ebola patient or touched the body of someone who had died in an area affected by Ebola.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/02/liberia-ebola-patient-thomas-duncan-airport-screening/16591753/
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:03 am

Skeptical wrote:FWIW the Tylenol slant was via an e-mail and I did not fully check it for validity.

Rolling Eyes

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:19 am

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:50 am

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:FWIW the Tylenol slant was via an e-mail and I did not fully check it for validity.

Rolling Eyes

Oooh, he is going to be really upset with you....

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:29 pm

I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

Speaking of travel ban .....

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I would be fine with a travel ban, but I am also not naive enough to believe that it would allow us to let our guard down.  We have had one case in the seven months since the outbreak started.  That's a track record that would be tough to beat even with a travel ban.

If you have time catch the incompetent Dr. Friedman or one of his cronies declare preventing travel to the US would greatly hamper containing Ebola in Africa.  Then one of them went on to give the best reason to secure our borders when it was said by preventing direct travel to the US they would go to another country and come overland across our borders and we wouldn't even know.

It would be helpful if you would explain in detail how allowing unlimited travel to this country from those countries where Ebola is a serious problem will aid in containing the disease in those countries.

As I said, I would be fine with a travel ban.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Then you say Dr. Friedman is wrong?

Dunno.  Never read it. As I said, I'm fine with a ban. I just don't see much room for improvement.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum