Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag

4 posters

Go down

Gitmo inmate:  My treatment shames American flag Empty Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag

Post  Skeptical Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am

WTF

is CNN thinking by presenting this story other than doing their part to further portray this country and the Bush administration in particular as a bunch of savages??

It is interesting to note the scumbag in the article was cleared for release in 2009 after Barack, "I will close Gitmo" Obama took office after being elected and who promised to close Gitmo ............. so why is he still in custody?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/opinion/guantanamo-inmate-naji/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Last edited by Skeptical on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Gitmo inmate:  My treatment shames American flag Empty Re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag

Post  Rusty Houser Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:03 pm

He says that "six U.S. government security agencies" have found him "innocent of any crime".

Is that true?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Gitmo inmate:  My treatment shames American flag Empty Re: Gitmo inmate: My treatment shames American flag

Post  Rusty Houser Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Skeptical wrote:
............. so why is he still in custody?

Obama pledged to close the prison upon taking office but was blocked by Congress, which banned sending prisoners to the U.S. for any reason, including trial, and placed restrictions on sending them abroad.

The slow pace of releases has created a tense atmosphere inside the prison. A hunger strike that began in February 2013 totaled about 100 prisoners at its peak, including Dhiab and Faraj.

The restrictions on sending them overseas have been eased and the U.S. has released 19 prisoners so far this year. Officials say several more are expected by the end of the year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/07/pentagon-says-six-guantanamo-bay-detainees-resettled-in-uruguay/

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:26 pm

As Paul Harvey used to say "Here's the rest of the story" about the liar Samir Naji.

Wikileak memos say he "was captured at Tora Bora with a group known as the “Dirty 30,” which included bin Laden bodyguards, according to the Defense Department memo dated March 4, 2008.

He trained at al-Farouq, a main al Qaeda training camp, and was identified as a staff member at an al Qaeda guest house. He was labeled a high risk by the US military."

And

" “al Qaeda recruiter” Marwan Jawan recruited Moqbel and trained him to use an AK-47 assault rifle. According to the document, Marwan got him a passport and Moqbel got paid as a fighter at the front."

Read it all here:

http://nypost.com/2013/04/16/what-times-op-ed-from-gitmo-left-out/
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:23 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:As Paul Harvey used to say "Here's the rest of the story" about the liar Samir Naji.

Wikileak memos say he "was captured at Tora Bora with a group known as the “Dirty 30,” which included bin Laden bodyguards, according to the Defense Department memo dated March 4, 2008.

He trained at al-Farouq, a main al Qaeda training camp, and was identified as a staff member at an al Qaeda guest house. He was labeled a high risk by the US military."

And

" “al Qaeda recruiter” Marwan Jawan recruited Moqbel and trained him to use an AK-47 assault rifle. According to the document, Marwan got him a passport and Moqbel got paid as a fighter at the front."

Read it all here:

Thank you for the information.

I'm aware of the CIA's side of the story and the detainee's story, I was wondering about the "six U.S. government security agencies" that allegedly cleared him.

Is that true?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 am

Paquette wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:As Paul Harvey used to say "Here's the rest of the story" about the liar Samir Naji.

And

Read it all here:

I'm aware of the CIA's side of the story and the detainee's story, I was wondering about the "six U.S. government security agencies" that allegedly cleared him.

Is that true?

Probably just as true as all the other "you can keep your Dr if you want to" kind of lies out of the Obummer admin. The lies out of the current resident of the WH won't be lessened by trying to say "But Bush" all the time.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:55 am

Paquette wrote:

And

Read it all here:

Is that true?

Who knows? We do know that his story is disingenuous and self-serving so I certainly don't stake much belief in his claim of being cleared by anyone. Is he cleared because he is no longer considered a threat? Evidently but then I think Obama has set the bar pretty low for that in his rush to close down Guantanamo before 2016.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:51 pm

IIRC a poster a while back on another thread mentioned if it is on the internet then it must be 100% true.

Since CNN thinks the inmates story to be factual by posting it on the internet then all comments by Samir Naji must be true!

But, just between you all, me, and the walls the burden of proof is on Samir Naji to name those six security agencies.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Skeptical wrote:
But, just between you all, me, and the walls the burden of proof is on Samir Naji to name those six security agencies.

Isn't it a part of the public record?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Is it?

BTW, not sure this is a complete list but those six Samir Naji might refer to could be here.

United States Intelligence Community

Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Independent agencies Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

United States Department of Defense Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
National Security Agency (NSA)
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency (AFISRA)
Army Military Intelligence (MI)
Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (MCIA)
Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI)
Naval Criminal Investigation Service (NCIS)

United States Department of Energy Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence (OICI)

United States Department of Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A)
Coast Guard Intelligence (CGI)

United States Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Drug Enforcement Administration, Office of National Security Intelligence (DEA/ONSI)

United States Department of State Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR)

United States Department of the Treasury Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence (TFI)

Last edited by Skeptical on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I doubt there is any public record. Most of the information is probably still classified. The link I gave to the NY Post came from a secret Pentagon document leaked by Julian Assange at Wikileaks.

The only reason Samir Naji is alive today is because he was captured by the US. If he had pulled this crap against the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, et al he'd been fish bait long ago.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down