Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not

+2
Gomezz Adddams
Alleycat
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not Empty Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:48 am

Do we, as a country and as individuals, follow Alan Colmes advice to be politically correct and refrain from calling those who kill and maim while yelling "Allah Akbar" Islamic Terrorists because is wrong to do so and would only make matters worse?

Or do call them what they are --  religious nuts from the Islamic religion .. hence Islamic terrorists or Islamic radicals, or Islamic extremists?

(Note for JustinCase) Mr. Colmes did not utter those exact words so don't ask for reference since is a condensation of what he said in lip flapping support of the MT suit HMWAIC and Josh Ernest.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not Empty Re: Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:41 am

Skeptical wrote:Do we, as a country and as individuals, follow Alan Colmes advice to be politically correct and refrain from calling those who kill and maim while yelling "Allah Akbar" Islamic Terrorists because is wrong to do so and would only make matters worse?

Or do call them what they are --  religious nuts from the Islamic religion .. hence Islamic terrorists or Islamic radicals, or Islamic extremists?

(Note for JustinCase) Mr. Colmes did not utter those exact words so don't ask for reference since is a condensation of what he said in lip flapping support of the MT suit HMWAIC and Josh Ernest.

Do you consider followers of the Westboro Baptist Church to be terrorists?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not Empty Re: Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not

Post  Alleycat Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Do we, as a country and as individuals, follow Alan Colmes advice to be politically correct and refrain from calling those who kill and maim while yelling "Allah Akbar" Islamic Terrorists because is wrong to do so and would only make matters worse?

ThE WBC is a very small terrorist group in a way. They make threats . To compare the WBC to Islamic terrorists is like comparing a turd to an ocean.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

ThE WBC is a very small terrorist group in a way. They make threats . To compare the WBC to Islamic terrorists is like comparing a turd to an ocean.

I would say it's more like comparing an apple to a basket of apples, but your point is well taken.

What label do you put on a Catholic priest who, as a result of his sexual deviance, likely caused by the ridiculous relationship standards the Church puts on him, molests children?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I would say it's more like comparing an apple to a basket of apples, but your point is well taken.

What label do you put on a Catholic priest who, as a result of his sexual deviance, likely caused by the ridiculous relationship standards the Church puts on him, molests children?
I would call him a deviant regardless of his religious orientation. I will admit the Catholic Church has some silly ideas but it is a matter of self control. The Church did not force him to molest anyone.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I would call him a deviant regardless of his religious orientation. I will admit the Catholic Church has some silly ideas but it is a matter of self control. The Church did not force him to molest anyone.

There are also a lot if Islam's not out killing people. My point is that there are a lot of bad eggs in the world and arguing over what label to put on them seems pretty meaningless to me.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 pm

They associate themselves with Islam and they're terrorists so Islamic terrorists seems accurate.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 pm

OK touché'. We had better decide what they are and do something about them. This is an International problem so it is everyone's problem. They must be wiped out. It is like a virus if it isn't destroyed it continues to grow and cause a problem. Political correctness is not only driving people crazy it is killing them. In a way it is sickness.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Alleycat wrote:OK touché'. We had better decide what they are and do something about them. This is an International problem so it is everyone's problem. They must be wiped out. It is like a virus if it isn't destroyed it continues to grow and cause a problem. Political correctness is not only driving people crazy it is killing them. In a way it is  sickness.

Isn't that what we have been working on for the last 15 years? I really don't know want political correctness has to do with this.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:09 pm

What exactly is an HMWAIC?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Alleycat wrote:ThE WBC is a very small terrorist group in a way. They make threats . To compare the WBC to Islamic terrorists is like comparing a turd to an ocean.

In a very small way if you squint your eyes just right. They're offensive but they cause no real damage other than to offend people in a very profound way.

Some better examples of Christian terrorists would be Lord's Resistance Army, Army of God, National Liberation Front of Tripura etc.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Paquette wrote:
Alleycat wrote:ThE WBC is a very small terrorist group in a way. They make threats . To compare the WBC to Islamic terrorists is like comparing a turd to an ocean.

In a very small way if you squint your eyes just right. They're offensive but they cause no real damage other than to offend people in a very profound way.

The only thing keeping them from killing people IMHO is the fact that we have an actual functioning government.

Some better examples of Christian terrorists would be Lord's Resistance Army, Army of God, National Liberation Front of Tripura etc.

I agree completely.  Christian extremists of the distant past may very well make our current Islamic extremists look pretty warm and fuzzy.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Christian extremists of the distant past may very well make our current Islamic extremists look pretty warm and fuzzy.

They're not from the distant past, they're all currently in operation.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Christian extremists of the distant past may very well make our current Islamic extremists look pretty warm and fuzzy.

Here is more what I am referring to.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter

To demonize Islam, or be hell bent on finding the proper label to put on them for their bloodshed when we have our own skeletons in our own closet, is pretty hypocritical and counterproductive. We just need to put the B.S. aside and get after the task at hand.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:

To demonize Islam, or be hell bent on finding the proper label to put on them for their bloodshed when we have our own skeletons in our own closet, is pretty hypocritical and counterproductive. We just need to put the B.S. aside and get after the task at hand.

IIRC the title of the thread is "Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not", and not moral equivalence.

Unless you are prepared to provide proof Christians are still doing those things today your link describes you are advised to stay on topic.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:

IIRC the title of the thread is "Is it Islamic Terrorism or is it not", and not moral equivalence.

Unless you are prepared to provide proof Christians are still doing those things today your link describes you are advised to stay on topic.

You, advise me? That would be a sight.

You asked for opinions on the subject. I gave you mine along with my rationale. It's not my fault your didn't like my answer.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:

You, advise me?  That would be a sight.

You asked for opinions on the subject.  I gave you mine along with my rationale.  It's not my fault your didn't like my answer.

Are you prepared to provide proof Christians are doing things such as killing 12 people in a French publishing facility as done by Islamic terrorists?

I didn't think so.

As it was explained to you before the title asked if it "is Islamic terrorism or is it not" not if it is moral equivelence or not.  Either pay attention or bring an adult with you next time.

Try using a little bit of critical thinking.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:

You asked for opinions on the subject.  I gave you mine along with my rationale.  It's not my fault your didn't like my answer.

Are you prepared to provide proof Christians are doing things such as killing 12 people in a French publishing facility as done by Islamic terrorists?

I didn't think so.

As it was explained to you before the title asked if it "is Islamic terrorism or is it not" not if it is moral equivelence or not.  Either pay attention or bring an adult with you next time.

I never claimed Christians were still committing mass murder.  I don't know how that idea popped into your tiny little mind.  I was, in fact very clear that I was talking about the past in multiple posts.

Call them whatever you want.  It's irrelevant.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Moral equivalence: A form of equivocation often used in political debates. It seeks to draw comparisons between different, often unrelated things, to make a point that one is just as bad as the other or just as good as the other. It may be used to draw attention to an unrelated issue by comparing it to a well-known bad event, in an attempt to say one is as bad as the other. Or, it may be used in an attempt to claim one isn't as bad as the other by comparison. Drawing a moral equivalence in this way is a logical fallacy.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Moral_equivalence

study study study
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Moral equivalence: A form of equivocation often used in political debates. It seeks to draw comparisons between different, often unrelated things, to make a point that one is just as bad as the other or just as good as the other. It may be used to draw attention to an unrelated issue by comparing it to a well-known bad event, in an attempt to say one is as bad as the other. Or, it may be used in an attempt to claim one isn't as bad as the other by comparison. Drawing a moral equivalence in this way is a logical fallacy.

study study study

And?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Paquette wrote:

I didn't think so.

I never claimed Christians were still committing mass murder.  I don't know how that idea popped into your tiny little mind.  I was, in fact very clear that I was talking about the past in multiple posts.

Call them whatever you want.  It's irrelevant.

You apparently thought what happened in the past is relevant enough to the current wave of Islamic terrorism to spend the time and energy to find a link to post.

Keep working on developing those critical thinking skills and someday you may ..... well, perhaps we should wait a year or two to see how you mature.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:Moral equivalence: A form of equivocation often used in political debates. It seeks to draw comparisons between different, often unrelated things, to make a point that one is just as bad as the other or just as good as the other. It may be used to draw attention to an unrelated issue by comparing it to a well-known bad event, in an attempt to say one is as bad as the other. Or, it may be used in an attempt to claim one isn't as bad as the other by comparison. Drawing a moral equivalence in this way is a logical fallacy.

study study study

And?

Golly that didn't take long! Based on your previous comment I even gave you the benefit of a doubt and sent a warm fuzzy your way for showing a hint of critical thinking and you blow it.

Taking away the warm fuzzy and giving you a cold prickly.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

study study study

And?

Golly that didn't take long!  Based on your previous comment I even gave you the benefit of a doubt and sent a warm fuzzy your way for showing a hint of critical thinking and you blow it.

Dude, you're retarded. Don't waste my time.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

SCOTUS in Snyder v Phillips determined that the Westboro Baptist protests fell within the confines of Free Speech and therefore they could not be terrorists. See Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (misattributed)

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

study study study

And?

Golly that didn't take long!  Based on your previous comment I even gave you the benefit of a doubt and sent a warm fuzzy your way for showing a hint of critical thinking and you blow it.

Dude, you're retarded. Don't waste my time.

I'm not the supporter of Islamic terrorism here and trying to justify it by bringing up bad stuff as far back as pagan Rome ... like related in your link, http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter

GEESH !!

Look at the bright side sonny, you just earned another cold prickly. Laughing
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next