Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal

+3
Caitlyn Piltover
nightlight88
Darth Cheney
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal

Post  Clicker Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
This reeks of lying scumbag liberalism. I hope when the bomb goes off, you and your liberal comrades are within range.
You have no evidence that a country would use a nuclear bomb in modern times.

This is part of the problem that has continued since the 60s.

I hate to break it to you but the Cold War was completely faked.

If you actually believe any of this to be absolute truth then any credibility you may have had here has just gone into negative measurement. Good luck trying to shed this belief in a lunatic fringe.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 Empty Re: Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Provide a link to an article from June 1965 saying the Cold War was completely faked.

There is plenty of reading material at the bottom of the article if you'd care to read it.

The same can be said for every one else who responded above.

Which leads me to believe, none of you were alive when this was happening or if you were it was while you were really young and impressionable and believed what your parents told you. There is nothing wrong with that at the time, but it is past time not question what you were told when you were younger.

For so many supposedly being for free thinking, you sure do close your minds when something go against what you think as opposed to reading up about the content or the topic.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
This reeks of lying scumbag liberalism. I hope when the bomb goes off, you and your liberal comrades are within range.
You have no evidence that a country would use a nuclear bomb in modern times.

This is part of the problem that has continued since the 60s.

I hate to break it to you but the Cold War was completely faked.
Have you ever seen the Movie The Day After. In this movie a small incident and bad information sets off a Nuclear cycle of destruction. Some idiot in power can and will "push the button". Iran and the Islamic countries consider that they are doing "Gods Business" and would not hesitate to set off a nuclear incident. At one point in time I considered Alexander Haige and Omar Kadafi the two most dangerous men in the world. We can not have nuclear bombs scattered all over the Planet. So far as modern times there are more screwballs now then ever befor.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Provide a link to an article from June 1965 saying the Cold War was completely faked.

There is plenty of reading material at the bottom of the article if you'd care to read it.

Which leads me to believe, none of you were alive when this was happening or if you were it was while you were really young and impressionable and believed what your parents told you. There is nothing wrong with that at the time, but it is past time not question what you were told when you were younger.

For so many supposedly being for free thinking, you sure do close your minds when something go against what you think as opposed to reading up about the content or the topic.

Let me see if I get this straight, OK

I request you provide a document from June 1965 declaring the cold war as a fake and you respond with

Below is a sampling of the documents you parade as proof that as of 1965 the cold war a fake :

BTW, the publication dates are in bold and I do not see one published in 1965.

Memo for Distribution by Andrew W. Marshall, director of Net Assessment, Office of Secretary of Defense, "John Hines' Report- Soviet Intentions, 1965-1985," 22 September 1995

Soviet Intentions 1965-1985, Volume I: An Analytical Comparison of U.S.-Soviet Assessments During the Cold War by John Hines, Ellis M. Mishulovich, and John F. Shulle
BDM Federal, Inc., September 22, 1995, Unclassified, excised copy.

SALT II and the Growth of Mistrust: Conference # 2 of the Carter-Brezhnev Project: A Conference of U.S. and Russian Policymakers and Scholars Held at Musgrove Plantation, St. Simons Island, Georgia 6-9 May 1994, Excerpt (May 7, Morning Session)

Jan Hoffenaar and Christopher Findlay, editors, Military Planning for European Theater Conflict during the Cold War: An Oral History Roundtable Stockholm, 24-25 April 2006 (Center for Security Studies, ETH Zurich, 2006)

If you notice the publication dates of all those you provide were after the cold war ended (1991).  Granted the publication title indicates the document covers a time period during the cold war era (1947 - 1991).  Isn't hindsight and opinion wonderful items to have available to create revisionist history?

Why is it there isn't one document dated in 1965 declaring the cold war a fake as you claim?

The reason is ... there isn't any!

One more thing, unless you are sure of your facts you might refrain from spewing such bullshit as
Which leads me to believe, none of you were alive when this was happening or if you were it was while you were really young and impressionable and believed what your parents told you.

There are a few here who were alive before the start of the cold war (1947) and can recall the nuclear bomb drills at school of getting under desks and the sometimes frenzied activity by those who could afford to, build underground shelters.

More than a few here were young adults during the Cuban missile Crisis and  the Kennedy assassination..

I am personally aware of at least one who just finished a military career spanning a good portion of the cold war period,
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:12 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

The stupid is strong with this one...
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:17 am

Darth Cheney wrote:

The stupid is strong with this one...
Stupid is as stupid does fer sure. Trying to render a credible analysis of what happened before you were born from an "I lived it" point of view is impossible. I was a young adult in the beginnings of the arms and space race. I worked in the industries that were trying their best to counter the obvious threat of the commie bear that was Russia at the time. Forcing the Russian economy into bankruptcy was a far better solution to the problem that any other at the time. Reagan was genius in that respect. He knew the futility of either trying to smother them in kindness or militarily defeating them. His way worked better than any other solution. Most of the people writing the after battle reports these days are simply trying to justify their points of view or try to tell us that they were right all along. Their ability to get past their political or ideological beliefs negates any ability to see the situation from any other point of view. A modified adage: "pseudo biographers are those who take the field after the battle to bayonet the wounded" fits here pretty well I think.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Have you ever seen the Movie The Day After. In this movie a small incident and bad information sets off a Nuclear cycle of destruction. Some idiot in power can and will "push the button". Iran and the Islamic countries consider that they are doing "Gods Business" and would not hesitate to set off a nuclear incident. At one point in time I considered Alexander Haige and Omar Kadafi the two most dangerous men in the world. We can not have nuclear bombs scattered all over the Planet. So far as modern times there are more screwballs now then ever befor.
I have and it was complete bullshit propaganda at the time and still is over ~30 years later.

http://faculty.virginia.edu/nuclear/vault/readings/Bulletin%20-%20Camelot%27s%20Nuclear%20Conscience.pdf

McNamara: I think that there was created a myth in this country that did great harm to the nation. And it was created by, I would say, emotionally guided but nonetheless patriotic individuals in the Pentagon. There are still people of that kind at the Pentagon. I wouldn't give them any foundation for creating another myth.

Kennedy: You mean like the missile gap?

McNamara: The missile -- that's right.

Kennedy: That missile gap -- as one of those who put that myth around, a patriotic and misguided man -- [laughter] -- that came right out of ... You were one of them and, it's because we assumed ...

Taylor: Well, it was an honest mistake ...

Missiles country had each decade.
Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 119211_v1

New York Times 1961
President Ike's Warning 1961

There you so Skept, two articles from the top of the food chain nonetheless (POTUS) saying the Cold War was complete bullshit and the military was trying to take over the country.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:
I have and it was complete bullshit propaganda at the time and still is over ~30 years later.

http://faculty.virginia.edu/nuclear/vault/readings/Bulletin%20-%20Camelot%27s%20Nuclear%20Conscience.pdf

McNamara: I think that there was created a myth in this country that did great harm to the nation. And it was created by, I would say, emotionally guided but nonetheless patriotic individuals in the Pentagon. There are still people of that kind at the Pentagon. I wouldn't give them any foundation for creating another myth.

Kennedy: That missile gap -- as one of those who put that myth around, a patriotic and misguided man -- [laughter] -- that came right out of ... You were one of them and, it's because we assumed ...

New York Times 1961

There you so Skept, two articles from the top of the food chain nonetheless (POTUS) saying the Cold War was complete bullshit and the military was trying to take over the country.
Put all of your p-olitics aside and tell us that the portrayal of a Nuclear incident is bull shiste. Have you observed the results  of the bombing of Japan? Of course Iran will be agreeable now. Putin has sold a Russian missle system to them. Oh I forgot nuclear weapons are just bullshit and totaly harmless.  If big mouth Obama had not insulted Putin and pushed him into a corner this might not have happened.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:04 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:   New York Times 1961

Still no cigar or fur lined piss pot for you little girl!

Only link you provide that works is the one to the worn out and overused Eisenhower speech and for your info does not declare the cold war a fake as you claim!

This link
results in
Not Found

The requested URL /nuclear/vault/readings/Bulletin - Camelot's Nuclear Conscience.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.3 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 PHP/4.4.2 mod_pubcookie/3.3.0a Server at faculty.virginia.edu Port 80

The Times link results in a 404 error

I have no idea what color the shy is where you reside but I wager your room has padded walls.

When you grow up, come back and you may be allowed to join the human race.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:39 pm

When speaking of Eisenhowers exit speech we should heed the warnings of another part of the speech that has actually come to pass. He warned us thus: "Another factor in maintaining balance involves the element of time. As we peer into society's future, we -- you and I, and our government -- must avoid the impulse to live only for today, plundering, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources of tomorrow. We cannot mortgage the material assets of our grandchildren without risking the loss also of their political and spiritual heritage. We want democracy to survive for all generations to come, not to become the insolvent phantom of tomorrow.". He seems to be warning us to take heed of the environutcakes. I see it as a warning to keep from doing what we have actually done in the last 10 yrs, we've succeeded in mortgaging our future in the interest of living an easy life of leisure and dependence.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:16 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Alleycat wrote:

New York Times 1961

Not all missiles are the same. Russia typically produced larger megaton weapons with crude delivery systems rather than the United States belief that accurately delivering a smaller weapon would be more beneficial. Of course I just broke my number one rule...Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:24 pm

It's like she's using Cracked.com as her source and instead throws up some non-functional academic sounding websites to try and build her bona-fides. Both the JFK/McNamara exchange on the missile gap and the graph is found on the same page. Chuckle....snort.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19676_5-ridiculous-cold-war-myths-you-learned-in-history-class.html

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:It's like she's using Cracked.com as her source and instead throws up some non-functional academic sounding websites to try and build her bona-fides. Both the JFK/McNamara exchange on the missile gap and the graph is found on the same page. Chuckle....snort.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19676_5-ridiculous-cold-war-myths-you-learned-in-history-class.html

Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 Omg10

The same Cracked that came out years ago as competition for the "What Me Worry?" folks ??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:It's like she's using Cracked.com as her source and instead throws up some non-functional academic sounding websites to try and build her bona-fides. Both the JFK/McNamara exchange on the missile gap and the graph is found on the same page. Chuckle....snort.

The same Cracked that came out years ago as competition for the "What Me Worry?" folks ??

Yah, but now under new ownership and only web based. Known mainly for it's stoopid lists like 6 Celebrities with False Teeth or 10 People You'd Never Guess Were Gay.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Yah, but now under new ownership and only web based. Known mainly for it's stoopid lists like 6 Celebrities with False Teeth or 10 People You'd Never Guess Were Gay.

Quite the source of information for the intellectually challenged, huh?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Skeptical wrote:

I have no idea what color the shy is where you reside but I wager your room has padded walls.

When you grow up,  come back and you may be allowed to join the human race.
Link works just fine by the way.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/opinion/jfk-missile.pdf

Also I didn't pull the information from Cracked, but it wouldn't surprise me that they would run something similar. They are a fan of debunking myths that the general populace believes.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Also I didn't pull the information from Cracked, but it wouldn't surprise me that they would run something similar. They are a fan of debunking myths that the general populace believes.

LOL, an article/opinion piece about whether there was a missile gap or not is hardly proof the cold war was a fake.  We all knew at the time the Russians had fewer but larger payloads (weapon megaton rating) and the US had numerical missile advantage even though individual payloads (weapon megaton ratings) were smaller.

Still no cigar or fur lined piss pot for you little girl !

I see you are still unable to provide a link from 1965 specifically or any article published from any date during the cold war (1947-1991) declaring the cold war a fake as you claim it was.

By all means continue to impress your weak minded gullible liberal folks with your garbage.

Keep in mind I watched the total eclipse of the sun in March of 1970 and was completely awed so it takes a lot to impress me, which you are not doing.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

No the original link still doesn't work because your hyperlink in the hypertext has a quotation mark after .pdf, corrupting it.

Still, your NYT link doesn't demonstrate that the Cold War was a fraud only that an opportunistic politician, JFK, fraudulently made the argument that the Eisenhower administration was balancing the budget at the expense of our nuclear capabilities. Kennedy had fallen for Soviet propaganda that they were producing the new ICBMs with regularity. JFK had used this claim in 1958 in his Senate campaign as well in his 1960 run for President.

Eisenhower knew different as the U-2 flyovers had indicated that there were no missiles hence no missile gap. The U-2 flights were top secret and Eisenhower could not reveal their existence which would confirm Soviet suspicions of the flyovers. In 1960, the scheduled "last look" by a U-2 ended with it being shot down and the pilot, Francis Gary Powers, being taken prisoner.

The missile gap was never stated US policy, but instead was a craven political response by a politician to Soviet claims that their bomber and missile forces were superior to the US. Once again you've impressed everybody here with your amazing ignorance of history. Maybe you could get a job at Cracked.com since you seem to be in their league of understanding Cold War history and politics.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 pm

One of the radar systems I worked on while in the Navy was a target acquisition and air search system from Hughes. I was touted to be able to see a plexiglass Piper Cup at 10 miles flying at 50k ft. While on a war games exercise in the Pacific off Calif, Navy v Air Force, I noted that the AF could find us on clear days but not on cloudy ones. We "attacked" and destroyed all major cities n the coast twice, both times under cloud cover. One morning prior to the "start" signal for ops to begin I was peaking the system and saw a target about 90mi out fly off the altitude search screen at over 70k ft! I recorded and reported it, I had never seen a target flying at 110kts that high before and it became obvious how they were finding us on clear days only. When we hit port I was restricted and "debriefed" for hours. Later when Powers was shot down i realized what it was that I had seen. The intel guys were trying to convince me that I'd seen a false return from upper atmosphere Ice etc. Later while in port at Long Beach a Chief and I watched a target flying at 10 kts and 65k ft over the Mojave desert continue up to go off our radar at over 70k ft. By the e knew what they were but didn't want to be debriefed again so we kept it quiet.

The arms race and "missile gap" was very real to those of us who actually knew the capabilities and limitations of the Soviet systems. As we traveled around the Pacific we constantly were "pinged" on by target acquisition and tracking radars whose signature were clearly Russian in origin.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:26 pm

"There you so Skept, two articles from the top of the food chain nonetheless (POTUS) saying the Cold War was complete bullshit and the military was trying to take over the country."

Let's turn now to Caitlyn's claim that the military was trying to take over the country by presenting as proof Eisenhower's now romanticized "military industrial complex" warning from his farewell address. Five sentences that have been misconstrued to make Ike into some kind of peacenik, a veritable Mahatma Gandhi.

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence – economic, political, even spiritual – is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society."

And yet earlier in his address Ike had stated
"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction."
People like Caitlyn with their Cracked.com history degrees are oblivious to the fact that Ol' Peacenik Ike increased the US nuclear arsenal from 1,000 warheads to 23,0000 during his tenure and that by the end of his Presidency, Eisenhower had increased the defense budget to a level close to Korean War levels.

Ike's "New Look" foreign policy not only embraced the doctrine of "massive retaliation," but demonstrated a readiness to use nuclear weapons against conventional attacks. They forget it was Ike's threats to use nuclear weapons in the Korean War that jump started the peace talks and brought the North Koreans back to the negotiating table.

What I find most interesting about Ike's Farewell Address is not his warning about the military-industrial complex which has been blown out of all proportion and has now become a meaningless Leftist anti-war screed, but the other warning posed by Eisenhower just a few lines later:

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.

Crikers! How prescient is it that Eisenhower saw the rise of the global warming climate change alarmists  affraid
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Skeptical wrote:
LOL, an article/opinion piece about whether there was a missile gap or not is hardly proof the cold war was a fake.  We all knew at the time the Russians had fewer but larger payloads (weapon megaton rating) and the US had numerical missile advantage even though individual payloads (weapon megaton ratings) were smaller.

I see you are still unable to provide a link from 1965 specifically or any article published from any date during the cold war (1947-1991) declaring the cold war a fake as you claim it was.

By all means continue to impress your weak minded gullible liberal folks with your garbage.

Keep in mind I watched the total eclipse of the sun in March of 1970 and was completely awed so it takes a lot to impress me, which you are not doing.

Article was from 1961 and fit your criteria perfectly, you just didn't like it because it goes against what you were taught from a young age.

Oh well, nothing lost. I can see why people here just circle jerk themselves.

There was no missile crisis, which was the basis of the entire Cold War. Not only was there no crisis, but the USSR only tested a single weapon that out stripped our own at the time. Everything else, between both sides with 15 to 25 megatonnes each.

Without that missile crisis there was no reason to have an arms race. I'm sorry you don't see that, but its hilarious that you simply ignore a report from 1961 that clearly show they lied about the cold war.

Oh well, there is no changing some narrow minds.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Epic stupid...
I pray it doesn't reproduce.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Article was from 1961 and fit your criteria perfectly, you just didn't like it because it goes against what you were taught from a young age.

Oh well, nothing lost. I can see why people here just circle jerk themselves.

There was no missile crisis, which was the basis of the entire Cold War. Not only was there no crisis, but the USSR only tested a single weapon that out stripped our own at the time. Everything else, between both sides with 15 to 25 megatonnes each.

Without that missile crisis there was no reason to have an arms race. I'm sorry you don't see that, but its hilarious that you simply ignore a report from 1961 that clearly show they lied about the cold war.

what you were taught from a young age.
Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 3218178747   Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 3218178747    Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 3218178747    Iran agrees to preliminary nuclear deal - Page 2 3218178747

You do have a lot to learn about life and history little girl.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:

The Cold War started long before JFK's nonsense about the missile gap which Eisenhower could not address because of the U-2 overflights which in reality were looking for Soviet bomber capabilities not necessarily the new ICBMs.

The Cold War had it's nascent beginnings in the late 40's with the Soviets installing a communist government in Poland and with the blockade of Berlin and the Berlin airlift. It heated up with the Korean War as the Soviets misread US intentions on the Joseon Peninsula

As for the arms race, one certainly didn't need ICBMs for that. Long range bombers and IRBMs would more than suffice as delivery systems. Hell the first IRBM was Hitler's V2 rocket built in 1944 with the goal of hitting New York. With Eisenhower's New Look foreign policy and it's emphasis on overwhelming deterrence it was inevitable that  an arms race would develop.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:18 pm

IIRC, the "cold war" was called that because it was more of a state of political and military tension after World War II between powers in the Western Bloc (the United States, its NATO allies and others) and powers in the Eastern Bloc (the Soviet Union and its allies in the Warsaw Pact.

The exchange of words and threats were hot and heavy though.  Looking back, even though those verbal exchanges created a sense of concern,  no doubt the people on both sides were glad it wasn't a "hot war" (shooting war).

It could also be called the 47 year war of words!

So the attempt by a young piss ant still dry behind the ears progressive liberal hell bent on revising history by claiming the events from 1947-1991 (termed the cold war) never happened is pure prevarication !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2