Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

+4
Jammer
Gomezz Adddams
BladeRunner
Skeptical
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion Empty Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 am

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion Empty Re: Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion

Post  BladeRunner Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am

And this some how justifies abortion in your mind?

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Does apply to the abortion of human beings at 18 weeks? 20?

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:02 pm

BladeRunner wrote:And this some how justifies abortion in your mind?

Science applies in all stages of pregnency.  But that's not really his point.  

The point is that you hacks use information obtained through scientific research, mix it up in your little fantasy concoction, and then throw it back in the face of the very people who gave it to you.  Only now you're some sort of friggin expert on the subject, claiming that you now know when life begins, and anyone who disagrees is a baby killer.  Give me a break.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

The point is that you hacks use information obtained through scientific research, mix it up in your little fantasy concoction, and then throw it back in the face of the very people who gave it to you.  Only now you're some sort of friggin expert on the subject, claiming that you now know when life begins, and anyone who disagrees is a baby killer.  Give me a break.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I don't really care what you think.

You can crap out all kinds of twisted logic to defend yourself. It still falls flat.

Anytime a person INTENTIONALLY  takes the life of an innocent human being, that person is a killer, and in this case, a baby killer.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:35 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

You can crap out all kinds of twisted logic to defend yourself. It still falls flat.

Anytime a person INTENTIONALLY  takes the life of an innocent human being, that person is a killer, and in this case, a baby killer.

So you're saying God is a baby killer???

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Well I will say that I believe Jackoff Jones is an evil cretin masquerading as a piece of dogshit.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

Well, here is a fact, scientific or otherwise that neither you nor that guy Nye can dispute ..... every person supporting abortion has been born.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:09 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Another example of evil twisted logic to support murder of the unborn.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Well, here is a fact, scientific or otherwise that neither you nor that guy Nye can dispute ..... every person supporting abortion has been born.

That may be. What are the odds that it was our first time at bat?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Another example of evil twisted logic to support murder of the unborn.

What makes you say that?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 am

Bill Nye is not a scientist but an engineer, an entertainer and a fcuking idiot. He not only gets his human biology wrong on the beginning of human life but continues his argument with his logical fallacy of conflation by claiming that a spontaneous and natural passing of a fertilized egg is the equivalent of an induced abortion. He then dons his cloak of anti-theistic hate and makes a hash of Christian theology. The man is an intellectual embarrassment and Cornell should ask for it's degree back.

What real scientists/biologists/medical authorities say about when life begins:

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a sperm and the resulting mingling of nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the initiation of the life of a new individual.”

Clark Edward and  Corliss Patten’s Human Embryology, McGraw – Hill Inc., 30

And

“The term conception refers to the union of the male and female pronuclear elements of procreation from which a new living being develops. It is synonymous with the terms fecundation, impregnation, and fertilization … The zygote thus formed represents the beginning of a new life.”

J.P. Greenhill and E.A. Freidman. Biological Principles and Modern Practice of Obstetrics. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Publishers. 1974 Pages 17 and 23.

And

“Although life is a continuous process, fertilization… is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new genetically distinct human organism is formed when the chromosomes of the male and female pronuclei blend in the oocyte.”

Ronan O’Rahilly and Fabiola Miller, Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 2001. p. 8.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:51 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Bill Nye is not a scientist but an engineer, an entertainer and a fcuking idiot. He not only gets his human biology wrong on the beginning of human life but continues his argument with his logical fallacy of conflation by claiming that a spontaneous and natural passing of a fertilized egg is the equivalent of an induced abortion. He then dons his cloak of anti-theistic hate and makes a hash of Christian theology. The man is an intellectual embarrassment and Cornell should ask for it's degree back.

Dr. Jones, this is what is wrong with Bill Nye the "science guy".......... Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion 3218178747

Like I said, the INTENTIONAL taking of an innocent human life is nothing but murder.

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:24 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a sperm and the resulting mingling of nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the initiation of the life of a new individual.”

And

“The term conception refers to the union of the male and female pronuclear elements of procreation from which a new living being develops. It is synonymous with the terms fecundation, impregnation, and fertilization … The zygote thus formed represents the beginning of a new life.”

J.P. Greenhill and E.A. Freidman. Biological Principles and Modern Practice of Obstetrics. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Publishers. 1974 Pages 17 and 23.

And

“Although life is a continuous process, fertilization… is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new genetically distinct human organism is formed when the chromosomes of the male and female pronuclei blend in the oocyte.”

Ronan O’Rahilly and Fabiola Miller, Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 2001. p. 8.

Your insults would be more intriguing if they were in any way grounded in reality, but as is they merely provide good comedic fodder. As usual, your silver tongue masks the fact that your comments are completely baseless.

First, there is no particular degree that would give someone the right to refer to themselves as a "scientist". Mechanical Engineering however deals with the real world application of physics, which is certainly a scientific field.

Second. Bill never made any claims in his video as to the beginning of life. There is, in fact, no consensus anywhere on when life begins. He was merely pointing out the fact that just because an egg is fertilized, that doesn't necessarily mean that a life has begun.

Third, the natural passing of an egg and a woman's natural right to control her own reproductive organs are both derived from the same place.

Finally, not only does Cornell not want their degree back, but they have Bill Nye guest lecture on a regular basis.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:33 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Dr. Jones, this is what is wrong with Bill Nye the "science guy".......... Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion 3218178747

Like I said, the INTENTIONAL taking of an innocent human life is nothing but murder.

It's a good thing you have your anointed one here to hold your hand.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 am

Life begins at conception, the new living organism has its own DNA, different from both parents.

Knowingly ending that life is just that, ending a life.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:43 am

BladeRunner wrote:Life begins at conception, the new living organism has its own DNA, different from both parents.

There you go again, talking about DNA. Is that mentioned in the bible?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Life begins at conception, the new living organism has its own DNA, different from both parents.

There you go again, talking about DNA.  Is that mentioned in the bible?

What does the Bible have to do with this discussion?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

There you go again, talking about DNA.  Is that mentioned in the bible?

What does the Bible have to do with this discussion?

You're not really that stupid are you? Are you??

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Won't answer the question?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Won't answer the question?

What's there to answer? This is about the bible vs science as they pertain to abortion. Your deflection is pretty pitiful.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

What's there to answer?   This is about the bible vs science as they pertain to abortion.  Your deflection is pretty pitiful.

I looked back at the discussion thus far.

You were the first to mention God in this discussion.

Still not sure why.

The right or wrong about abortion can be answered using simple logic.

Or are you saying a discussion of God and/or the Bible is needed to do so?

Bill Nye: The Science of Abortion 3584648792
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:57 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

What's there to answer?   This is about the bible vs science as they pertain to abortion.  Your deflection is pretty pitiful.

Still not sure why.

So you're saying you really are that stupid. I think you need to read the thread again. Find someone to read it to you if you have to. Maybe Gomerr. The original article made the implication that he was referring to the bible in his podcast. I agree. Apparently the Grand Poobah does as well, because he refrenced Nye's hash of Christian theology in his post. Above all of these examples is just plain and simple common sense, of which you apparently have none.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Still not sure why.

So you're saying you really are that stupid.  I think you need to read the thread again.  Find someone to read it to you if you have to.  Maybe Gomerr.  The original article made the implication that he was referring to the bible in his podcast.  I agree.  Apparently the Grand Poobah does as well, because he refrenced Nye's hash of Christian theology in his post.   Above all of these examples is just plain and simple common sense, of which you apparently have none.

Going to personal attack mode, I see.

Whatever floats your boat.

You must be referring to the ONE instance the word Bible is used in the article YOU posted:

Nye is sympathetic to those holding long-standing religious beliefs. However, he makes a point to say that books written many centuries ago for a different society with a different set of priorities (in other words, the Bible) can’t be a guide for contemporary understanding.

That is the only mention of the word Bible. Not one time were the words Christian or religious used.

The author refers to there being a different set of priorities in the Bible than we have today.

That is sad but true of a lot of people, you included. For people like you, it is all about ones SELF. You don't want a little thing like an inconvenient pregnancy get in the way of the way you want to live your life, regardless of the poor choices you have made.

For people like you, there is no moral compass.

But go ahead, continue to say it's OK to murder human beings with unique DNA. You will find out one day how wrong you were.

Your argument is the stupid one.

Centuries ago people died of all kinds of diseases-- of natural causes. Your logic says that since people died then, we might as well kill innocent people now. You know, since ITS THE SAME THING.

Last edited by BladeRunner on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

And

And

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:53 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Still not sure why.

So you're saying you really are that stupid.  I think you need to read the thread again.  Find someone to read it to you if you have to.  Maybe Gomerr.  The original article made the implication that he was referring to the bible in his podcast.  I agree.  Apparently the Grand Poobah does as well, because he refrenced Nye's hash of Christian theology in his post.   Above all of these examples is just plain and simple common sense, of which you apparently have none.

Going to personal attack mode, I see.

Whatever floats your boat.

You must be referring to the ONE instance the word Bible is used in the article YOU posted:

Nye is sympathetic to those holding long-standing religious beliefs. However, he makes a point to say that books written many centuries ago for a different society with a different set of priorities (in other words, the Bible) can’t be a guide for contemporary understanding.

That is the only mention of the word Bible. Not one time were the words Christian or religious used.

The author refers to there being a different set of priorities in the Bible than we have today.

That is sad but true of a lot of people, you included. For people like you, it is all about ones SELF. You don't want a little thing like an inconvenient pregnancy get in the way of the way you want to live your life, regardless of the poor choices you have made.

For people like you, there is no moral compass.

But go ahead, continue to say it's OK to murder human beings with unique DNA. You will find out one day how wrong you were.

Your argument is the stupid one.

Centuries ago people died of all kinds of diseases-- of natural causes. Your logic says that since people died then, we might as well kill innocent people now. You know, since ITS THE SAME THING.

Religiously speaking, would you say that life begins at intercourse or delivery?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next