Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout

3 posters

Go down

Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout Empty Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:38 pm

One of the best beers in America is always released on Black Friday, Chicago's Goose Island (now owned by Budweiser which is owned by InBev) Bourbon County Stout . This highly rated beer is a wonderful rich, boozy stout aged for a year in old Jim Beam bourbon barrels with a complex flavor of vanilla, caramel, and of course smokey bourbon and boasting a hefty 14.3% ABV alcohol content. drunken I was able to pick up a number of pint bottles this morning at a mere ... cough, cough ... $20@. affraid Gonna savor one tonight.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/goose-island-new-bourbon-county-stout-story.html
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout Empty Re: Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:One of the best beers in America is always released on Black Friday, Chicago's Goose Island (now owned by Budweiser which is owned by InBev) Bourbon County Stout . This highly rated beer is a wonderful rich, boozy stout aged for a year in old Jim Beam bourbon barrels with a complex flavor of vanilla, caramel, and of course smokey bourbon and boasting a hefty 14.3% ABV alcohol content.  drunken I was able to pick up a number of pint bottles this morning at a mere ... cough, cough ... $20@.  affraid Gonna savor one tonight.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/goose-island-new-bourbon-county-stout-story.html

Nonsense...Pabst Blue Ribbon is brewed every day since it won the foremost beer competition in 1893. Everything else is just swill.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout Empty Re: Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:One of the best beers in America is always released on Black Friday, Chicago's Goose Island (now owned by Budweiser which is owned by InBev) Bourbon County Stout . This highly rated beer is a wonderful rich, boozy stout aged for a year in old Jim Beam bourbon barrels with a complex flavor of vanilla, caramel, and of course smokey bourbon and boasting a hefty 14.3% ABV alcohol content.  drunken I was able to pick up a number of pint bottles this morning at a mere ... cough, cough ... $20@.  affraid Gonna savor one tonight.

Nonsense...Pabst Blue Ribbon is brewed every day since it won the foremost beer competition in 1893. Everything else is just swill.

Ahh the King of Lawnmower Beers, PBR is the perfect inexpensive "Go-To-Beer". Probably has the most flavor of any of the American tasteless lagers. Best served ice cold. If you want to feel classy, serve it in a frosted wine glass! affraid

Gotta drink three pints (four cans) to equal one Bourbon County's alcoholic content. Of course you could probably buy a couple of cases of PBR for the price of one bottle of Bourbon County.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Ahh the King of Lawnmower Beers, PBR is the perfect inexpensive "Go-To-Beer". Probably has the most flavor of any of the American tasteless lagers. Best served ice cold. If you want to feel classy, serve it in a frosted wine glass! affraid

Gotta drink three pints (four cans) to equal one Bourbon County's alcoholic content. Of course you could probably buy a couple of cases of PBR for the price of one bottle of Bourbon County.
Does it come with a bendy straw so that you don't have to lower your head to drink beer, like the cretins do, thus keeping your nose steadfastly in the air?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Does it come with a bendy straw so that you don't have to lower your head to drink beer, like the cretins do, thus keeping your nose steadfastly in the air?

Drinking one right now. No bendy straw but tastes best drunk from a brandy snifter. Helps the nose pick up all the wonderful aromas which enhances the taste. Wife is making me share.

Daughter scored a bottle of Bourbon County Rare in Ames. Aged for two years in bourbon barrels. $60@ affraid affraid She hinted that this was going to be my Christmas present. I love my daughter. Bendy straw not included but you get a cool wood box. Empty bottle and box just sold on EBay for ... wait for it .... $60.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Drinking one right now. No bendy straw but tastes best drunk from a brandy snifter. Helps the nose pick up all the wonderful aromas which enhances the taste. Wife is making me share.

Daughter scored a bottle of Bourbon County Rare in Ames.  Aged for two years in bourbon barrels. $60@ affraid affraid She hinted that this was going to be my Christmas present. I love my daughter. Bendy straw not included but you get a cool wood box. Empty bottle and box just sold on EBay for ... wait for it .... $60.
Ooooh.....one of over 200 in the AB-InBev arsenal.  Sounds prestigious.  Im sure they'll keep the integrity of this niche brewery intact, and pumping out it's premium stout for years to come, these multinationals really love all the added expense of running a little hole in the wall brewery.   Suspect I'd drink fast and get it on eBay right away.  They already have boxes for $20-25, imagine what it will be at by tomorrow. affraid

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:03 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Daughter scored a bottle of Bourbon County Rare in Ames.  Aged for two years in bourbon barrels. $60@ affraid affraid She hinted that this was going to be my Christmas present. I love my daughter. Bendy straw not included but you get a cool wood box. Empty bottle and box just sold on EBay for ... wait for it .... $60.
Ooooh.....one of over 200 in the AB-InBev arsenal.  Sounds prestigious.  Im sure they'll keep the integrity of this niche brewery intact, and pumping out it's premium stout for years to come, these multinationals really love all the added expense of running a little hole in the wall brewery.   Suspect I'd drink fast and get it on eBay right away.  They already have boxes for $20-25, imagine what it will be at by tomorrow. affraid

That is always possible although after this evenings tasting session I'll have to say that hasn't happened. I bought enough today to last awhile and will be added to my stash from 2014 that I haven't drank yet. Plus Imperial stouts aged in bourbon barrels are hardly unique anymore thanks to Goose Island. Nor are craft/micro breweries thanks to Fritz Maytag (yes that Maytag) and his Anchor Steam beer which got me hooked on micro brews. Just a passion of mine. drunken drunken
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down