Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stargazing

2 posters

Go down

Stargazing Empty Stargazing

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:11 pm

The sky is incredible for stargazing tonight. Jupiter is amazing in the east and Orion's Belt just jumps at you in the southern sky. The northern sky seems a bit hazy with Polaris just a dull pinprick. Sirius in the southern sky seems almost as bright as Jupiter. I use an app on my iPhone called Sky Guide to supplement my diminishing skills from all my Boy Scout campouts.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Stargazing Empty Re: Stargazing

Post  BladeRunner Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:51 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:The sky is incredible for stargazing tonight. Jupiter is amazing in the east and Orion's Belt just jumps at you in the southern sky. The northern sky seems a bit hazy with Polaris just a dull pinprick. Sirius in the southern sky seems almost as bright as Jupiter. I use an app on my iPhone called Sky Guide to supplement my diminishing skills from all my Boy Scout campouts.

Even with my old eyes (age or poor night vision from lasik surgery >15 years ago), I did notice the stars were particularly bright that night.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:29 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:The sky is incredible for stargazing tonight. Jupiter is amazing in the east and Orion's Belt just jumps at you in the southern sky. The northern sky seems a bit hazy with Polaris just a dull pinprick. Sirius in the southern sky seems almost as bright as Jupiter. I use an app on my iPhone called Sky Guide to supplement my diminishing skills from all my Boy Scout campouts.

Even with my old eyes (age or poor night vision from lasik surgery >15 years ago), I did notice the stars were particularly bright that night.

Hear you there. I had cataract surgery last fall and everything seems brighter, more vibrant. I think the southern sky looked brighter because of lesser light pollution. Looking north, I'm getting lots of glow from downtown, the core of the city and Avera.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum