Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab - Page 2 Empty Re: The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Dr. Jones wrote: That's not one exception.  Try reading it again.  Ask Gomerr to help you if you need to with some of the bigger words.

Other than the Army making the exception and allowing the Captain to wear the turban and beard as a Sikh while in uniform what was the OTHER exception you imply was made?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab - Page 2 Empty Re: The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote: That's not one exception.  Try reading it again.  Ask Gomerr to help you if you need to with some of the bigger words.

Other than the Army making the exception and allowing the Captain to wear the turban and beard as a Sikh while in uniform what was the OTHER exception you imply was made?
Did you read the link?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Dr. Mengela

One reason why beards should not be allowed is that when wearing the protective mask, facial hair prevents a good seal.

Will the guy wear his turban rather than a helmet when in battle?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Did you read the link?

Yes, but what part of "Here is the ONE exception made recently." did you not understand?

By all means please tell about all the exceptions other than,

"He is the first active duty soldier to seek the accommodation and receive it while serving in the Army, according to The Sikh Coalition, the largest Sikh American advocacy organization in the United States."

mentioned in the article.

Last edited by Skeptical on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Did you read the link?

Yes, but what part of "Here is the ONE exception made recently." did you not understand?

By all means please tell about all the exceptions mentioned in the article.
I don't know what you are getting at.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:06 pm

nightlight88 wrote:

Dr. Mengela

One reason why beards should not be allowed is that when wearing the protective mask, facial hair prevents a good seal.

I suppose that somewhat answers Garfield's question.  His beard is a safety issue.  I suppose an exemption would need to be made in that case as long as he knows the risk.  I assume the turban would come off for battle, but I really don't know what they have worked out.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Did you read the link?

Why is this admission of ignorance not a big surprise?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Did you read the link?

Why is this admission of ignorance not a big surprise?
I never talked about any exceptions.  Just policy.  The only exception possibly had to do with his beard posing safety issues.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:04 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:In the end The Citadel will likely have the final say.  If they choose to not allow her to wear a hijab it would be a direct violation of the principles of all the armed forces, which happens to be the same institutions this college claims it is preparing the vast majority of them for.  To say that the decision is entirely in their hands is facetious.  The standard is set.  I guess we'll see if they choose to ignore it, and if they do what the ratifications will be.  The game is theirs to lose.

You lying sack of dogshit.  That is not a principle of the US Military, it is a principle of the POS communist occupying the White House.

Why do conservatives have a dialog with this lying sack of dogshit?  And if EVIL was not enough reason to stay clear of this parasite, he is at the moron level on the intelligence scale.  It that the best you can find to have a discussion with?
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:In the end The Citadel will likely have the final say.  If they choose to not allow her to wear a hijab it would be a direct violation of the principles of all the armed forces, which happens to be the same institutions this college claims it is preparing the vast majority of them for.  To say that the decision is entirely in their hands is facetious.  The standard is set.  I guess we'll see if they choose to ignore it, and if they do what the ratifications will be.  The game is theirs to lose.

You lying sack of dogshit.  That is not a principle of the US Military, it is a principle of the POS communist occupying the White House.

Why do conservatives have a dialog with this lying sack of dogshit?  And if EVIL was not enough reason to stay clear of this parasite, he is at the moron level on the intelligence scale.  It that the best you can find to have a discussion with?
Completely untrue.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/mili_rel.htm

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Completely untrue.

I am not even going to open your stupid link because I know it will not prove that you are right.  You are the biggest piece of dogshit I have ever come across.  The military relaxed their standards UNDER Obama which allows crap like this to POSSIBLY be allowed.

You are pure EVIL, you must be satan himself.  I simply cannot understand any level of a civil society that allows you to exist in their presence.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Completely untrue.

I am not even going to open your stupid link because I know it will not prove that you are right.  You are the biggest piece of dogshit I have ever come across.  The military relaxed their standards UNDER Obama which allows crap like this to POSSIBLY be allowed.

You are pure EVIL, you must be satan himself.  I simply cannot understand any level of a civil society that allows you to exist in their presence.
You're an idiot.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Completely untrue.

You're an idiot.

And you are an EVIL MORON.  

Here you go, I went and used your favorite tool Google and found proof that once again you are a lying moron.   And the best part is that it comes from your precious piece of crap website the Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/23/pentagon-religious-clothing_n_4651050.html

Please note the headline:

Pentagon Relaxes Rules On Religious Clothing And Appearance In Military Uniforms Allowing Turbans, Head Scarves And Yarmulkes

And in the article they wrote: Lieutenant Commander Nate Christensen, a Pentagon spokesman, said for the first time the Defense Department’s policy encouraged acceptance in the military of beards, long hair and articles of clothing worn for religious reasons so long as they do not interfere with good order and discipline.  

Now please note the date of the article:

Jan 23, 2014

Which means that this garbage came as the direct result of the piece of dogshit occupying the White House.

I despise you and I am losing respect for any conservative who has a dialog with a lying sack of dogshit like YOU.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:08 pm

I don't know how it could be made much clearer than this....

These are excerpts from the Department of Defense Directive DODD-1300.17, dated 1988-FEB-03. 

f. Religious items or articles not visible or otherwise apparent may be worn with the uniform, provided they shall not interfere with the performance of the member's military duties, as discussed in subparagraph C.2.g.(5), below, or interfere with the proper wearing of any authorized article of the uniform.

g. Under Public Law 100-180, section 508 (reference (c)), members of the Armed Forces may wear visible items of religious apparel while in uniform, except under circumstances in which an item is not neat and conservative or its wearing shall interfere with the performance of the member's military duties.

This would be the only real caveat.  Some have made the case in the past that homosexuals or women should not be allowed to serve because of adverse effects it may have on unit moral.  Those concerns have of course been proven to be unfounded, but that wouldn't stop some from making the same accusations about Muslims.

A basic principle of our nation is free exercise of religion. The Department of Defense places a high value on the rights of members of the Armed Forces to observe the tenets of their respective religions. It is DoD policy that requests for accommodation of religious practices should be approved by commanders when accommodation will not have an adverse impact on military readiness, unit cohesion, standards or discipline.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Dr. Mengela

I suppose that somewhat answers Garfield's question.  His beard is a safety issue.  I suppose an exemption would need to be made in that case as long as he knows the risk.  I assume the turban would come off for battle, but I really don't know what they have worked out.

I can see you never served or you would know exceptions were not made for facial hair. But today we live in a wimpy-ass world where pussified men must have it their way.

Poor moslim with a beard and a protective mask when the gas comes wafting across the field.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Dr. Mengela

I can see you never served or you would know exceptions were not made for facial hair.  But today we live in a wimpy-ass world where pussified men must have it their way.  

Poor moslim with a beard and a protective mask when the gas comes wafting across the field.  

ANATOMY OF A LIBERAL    

They are lowlife parasites who live off government handouts.  As such, they never experience the many issues that come up during the lifetime of a working person who has to provide for themselves and their family.  This results in a liberal having NO REAL WORLD LIFE EXPERIENCES to rely on when it comes time to form opinions.

This causes them to react like Jackoff Jones and rely solely on Google to search for material on the internet.  Thru the assistance of Google they come across links with interesting sounding material that APPEARS to give them the proof statements they need to sell their EVIL AGENDA.  Unfortunately, most of them are like Jackoff Jones, so incredibly stupid that they don’t understand the first thing they just read.  Hence, real stupid things come out of their mouths and keyboards exposing them for the clueless lying sacks of dogshit they are.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:55 pm

nightlight88 wrote: Poor moslim with a beard and a protective mask when the gas comes wafting across the field.

Have to correct you nightlight88, the Captain is of the Sikh religion not Islamic ... Sikhism is a distinct religion with a unique scripture, guidelines, principles, initiation ceremony and appearance developed by ten gurus over three centuries.

Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:06 am

Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

Dr. Mengela

I can see you never served or you would know exceptions were not made for facial hair.  But today we live in a wimpy-ass world where pussified men must have it their way.  

ANATOMY OF A LIBERAL    

They are lowlife parasites who live off government handouts.  As such, they never experience the many issues that come up during the lifetime of a working person who has to provide for themselves and their family.  This results in a liberal having NO REAL WORLD LIFE EXPERIENCES to rely on when it comes time to form opinions.

This causes them to react like Jackoff Jones and rely solely on Google to search for material on the internet.  Thru the assistance of Google they come across links with interesting sounding material that APPEARS to give them the proof statements they need to sell their EVIL AGENDA.  Unfortunately, most of them are like Jackoff Jones, so incredibly stupid that they don’t understand the first thing they just read.  Hence, real stupid things come out of their mouths and keyboards exposing them for the clueless lying sacks of dogshit they are.
I always like how people discard Wiki when it doesn't say what they want.   Truthfully it's always a good starting point to know what to go look for.  But you've taken this to a whole new level by trashing the entire Internet when it says what you don't want to hear.  Congratulations.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:59 am

Dr. Jones wrote:You're still missing the point.  These military colleges are accredited by the US military and required to follow similar guidelines as full military.  Military guidelines allow religous apparel to be warn as long as it does not interfere with carrying out your duty.

The Citadel is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and specialist in education degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of The Citadel

http://www.citadel.edu/root/accreditation
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 am

Skeptical wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:   Poor moslim with a beard and a protective mask when the gas comes wafting across the field.  

Have to correct you nightlight88, the Captain is of the Sikh religion not Islamic ... Sikhism is a distinct religion with a unique scripture, guidelines, principles, initiation ceremony and appearance developed by ten gurus over three centuries.

I stand corrected on the type of religion. Since my 'give-a-shiste' switch about mid-eastern religions is broken, I have a tendency to lump them all into one.

:-)
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:07 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Seems pretty self explanatory to me.  The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab - Page 2 3584648792

Been there,  done that.

REALLY???  Here is the ONE exception made recently

For close to a decade, Simratpal Singh felt torn between the ideals of his faith and those of the U.S. Army.
No more.

The Army has granted Capt. Singh, a Sikh, permission to serve while wearing a turban over his long hair and a beard with his uniform.

He is the first active duty soldier to be given such permission, according to The Sikh Coalition, the largest Sikh American advocacy organization in the United States.
had a childhood fascination with the Army," Singh told CNN. "The Sikh concept of standing up for the weak and defending the defenseless is very much at the core of the Sikh psyche, and those are same ideals that the U.S. Army upholds."

Singh initially asked the Army for an exemption in October and was granted a temporary exemption in December. As it was about to expire in February, he was asked to report for additional gas and helmet testing, beyond the basic testing typically required.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/04/us/sikh-army-captain-simratpal-singh-beard-turban/index.html

PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO CITE ALL THE OTHERS YOU MAY HAVE KNOWLEDGE.

The Citadel is no more a part of the military (even though some attendees are there on a contracted a ROTC scholarship and some other graduates do go on to accept a commission in the service of their choice) than a public high school having a Junior ROTC program.

Still waiting for you to show by way of a DOD organizational chart where the Citadel is located.

You really need to get out of your mother's basement more and learn about the real world instead of listening to the fairy tales being spread by the jealous liberals/progressives/ socialists!
I guess if you don't hold much regard for The Citadel that's fine.  The army sure seems to.  Who gives a fucck about your organizational chart?  Not me.  Find it yourself

http://m.goarmy.com/rotc/courses-and-colleges/military-colleges.m.html

I can't live in my mother's basement.  My dad lives there.   I couldn't live with him.  Not sure what this has to do with anything though.  Seems pretty desperate to me
I'll repost this one, just for you Garfield.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:22 am

nightlight88 wrote:
I stand corrected on the type of religion. Since my 'give-a-shiste' switch about mid-eastern religions is broken, I have a tendency to lump them all into one.

:-)

Well, I figured I may as well step forward and help in setting the record right before you suffer a fate worse than death .. the scorn and damnation from the left !
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

The Citadel considers first-ever uniform exception: allowing a Muslim hijab - Page 2 Empty Citadel Rejects Hijab Request

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 am

“While we hope the student will enroll in the college this fall, the Commandant of Cadets, after considerable review, determined the uniform exception cannot be granted,” he explained.

“The standardization of cadets in apparel, overall appearance, actions and privileges is essential to the learning goals and objectives of the college,” said Citadel president Lt. Gen. John Rosa, as reported by Fox Carolina. “This process reflects an initial relinquishing of self during which cadets learn the value of teamwork to function as a single unit.”

http://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/2016/05/10/citadel-rejects-muslim-students-request-wear-hijab/
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2