Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Mental Patient Kills White People in Fresno CA

+2
Gomezz Adddams
Dr. Evil
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Black Mental Patient Kills White People in Fresno CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Mental Patient Kills White People in Fresno CA

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
"If the gun is registered to you".   And there we have the answer to the definition of  "common sense gun legislation",  Gun registration = "common sense gun legislation". Of course this wouldn't have prevented the shooting in Fresno.

As I said nothing is 100% bur I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Mandatory gun registration laws by their very nature are only aimed at the law abiding gun owner. Felons, mentally incompetent persons and persons not legally allowed to possess firearms have 5th amendment self incrimination protection from prosecution for violating gun registration laws as determined in US vs Freed and Haynes vs US.

A registration list is also considered by many as just one step closer to the outright banning of firearms

I'm not sure what either of these cases has to do with someone giving a gun to someone who can't legally have one,  except to reinforce the fact that he cannot legally accept the gun.

I say old chap ... are you claiming somebody "gave the gun" to the Fresno shooter?   I have read a few articles and none mentioned how or where he obtained a gun, just that he did use one .. a .357 IIRC.

If you have a reliable source that states he was given the gun by a person who knew he was not supposed to possess a gun, by all means post that link.

I'm not claiming anything. Just answering a question.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Black Mental Patient Kills White People in Fresno CA - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Mental Patient Kills White People in Fresno CA

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:If he didn't own his gun legally, then we need to find out who illegally gave him one or who was negligent in him acquiring one, and prosecute them right along with him.

I'm all for that except that while Obama was president, the justice department failed to prosecute most (95%+) of the applicants who failed their background checks. What purpose will new legislation serve if we aren't enforcing existing laws?

Haynes vs US?

Nope. In Haynes, the guns was already in the possession of the person. In the other instance, the individual has failed a background check and is attempting to make an illegal transaction. Big difference.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Evil wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
"If the gun is registered to you".   And there we have the answer to the definition of  "common sense gun legislation",  Gun registration = "common sense gun legislation". Of course this wouldn't have prevented the shooting in Fresno.

As I said nothing is 100% bur I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Mandatory gun registration laws by their very nature are only aimed at the law abiding gun owner. Felons, mentally incompetent persons and persons not legally allowed to possess firearms have 5th amendment self incrimination protection from prosecution for violating gun registration laws as determined in US vs Freed and Haynes vs US.

A registration list is also considered by many as just one step closer to the outright banning of firearms

I'm not sure what either of these cases has to do with someone giving a gun to someone who can't legally have one,  except to reinforce the fact that he cannot legally accept the gun.

I say old chap ... are you claiming somebody "gave the gun" to the Fresno shooter?   I have read a few articles and none mentioned how or where he obtained a gun, just that he did use one .. a .357 IIRC.

If you have a reliable source that states he was given the gun by a person who knew he was not supposed to possess a gun, by all means post that link.

I'm not claiming anything. Just answering a question.

In that case ... how would your "Common Sense Gun Legislation" have changed the overall situation?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

Skeptical wrote:

In that case ... how would your "Common Sense Gun Legislation" have changed the overall situation?

There is no such thing as common sense legislation as it applies to gun control. Liberal bias has killed any of that years ago.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2