Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC will never be the same

4 posters

Go down

DC will never be the same Empty DC will never be the same

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 pm

President Trump is shaking up DC more in a little over a year then in the 250 years existence of this country!

President Trump is assembling a winning team to make America Great Again and will hire and fire those to get the job done.

Politics will not be the same upon his departure from the White House in 2025!

GO DONALD !!!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

DC will never be the same Empty Re: DC will never be the same

Post  Jammer Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Skeptical wrote:
President Trump is shaking up DC more in a little over a year then in the 250 years existence of this country!

President Trump is assembling a winning team to make America Great Again and will hire and fire those to get the job done.

GO DONALD !!!

I for one think that he could learn a little bit from the Presidency of Abraham Lincoln.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2006/spring/interview.html

And while I agree that President Trump has done some very good things and is making progress in others, there is an old saying that I think conservatives would be wise to pay attention to:  "The easiest person in the world to fool is YOURSELF."

The demonrats made a huge mistake in thinking their messiah Obama could not make a mistake.  I hope we don't head in the same direction.  There is a big difference between heading down the path that FEELS RIGHT and heading down the RIGHT PATH.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Jammer wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

GO DONALD !!!

I for one think that he could learn a little bit from the Presidency of Abraham Lincoln.

And while I agree that President Trump has done some very good things and is making progress in others, there is an old saying that I think conservatives would be wise to pay attention to:  "The easiest person in the world to fool is YOURSELF."

The demonrats made a huge mistake in thinking their messiah Obama could not make a mistake.  I hope we don't head in the same direction.  There is a big difference between heading down the path that FEELS RIGHT and heading down the RIGHT PATH.

The big difference here is that Trump is doing a board room purge that simply removes those who won't do what he wants. Do you think Obama would have put up with anyone who wouldn't follow orders in his cabinet? Obama populated his cabinet with the most liberal people he could get confirmed and Trump is using what has turned out to be moderates. He's now weeding them out as they present. Far more effective that trying to dump a whole cabinet of slavering at the mouth uber rightists at the start and failing to get his party to confirm them.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

GO DONALD !!!

The big difference here is that Trump is doing a board room purge that simply removes those who won't do what he wants.  Do you think Obama would have put up with anyone who wouldn't follow orders in his cabinet? Obama populated his cabinet with the most liberal people he could get confirmed and Trump is using what has turned out to be moderates.  He's now weeding them out as they present. Far more effective that trying to dump a whole cabinet of slavering at the mouth uber rightists at the start and failing to get his party to confirm them.

Sometimes I am not all that clear in my comments, I guess it is old age.  Anyhow, I don’t have any problems with President Trump firing Tillerson.  What I struggle with is how he did it.  While I will never know exactly what transpired, from all appearances Trump was not very diplomatic or professional.  

A person of Tillerson’s stature and the position he was in deserves a reasonable level of professionalism if you are going to terminate his service.  I would personally look a painter in the eye and tell him he was being fired even if he was doing a lousy job on my house.  But I guess that is just me.

In any event, when you potentially (and I am not sure how Tillerson took it) poke someone in the eye that has the network or stature to get in the way of your agenda down the road, I just think that is plain dumb.  But I have never had billions of dollars and maybe I would think differently if I did, but I don’t.

And as for getting appointments confirmed, in my opinion it is only going to get more difficult.  The more wins the demonrats can pick up like last night, the more empowered they are going to feel.  I fear they are going to be worse than ever because they think they have the electorate behind.  After all, Trump won that district by 20% and now a year later after heavily supporting a candidate – they lost the seat (apparently – I’m sure this will probably end in a recount).

As for the "revolving door", I am beginning to fear that it MIGHT be a sign that President Trump is not all that good at identifying talent. Time will tell on that.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Trump came into the White House with some liberal, feel good, tendencies. The constant attacks have pushed him towards conservatism. I hope and preys he destroys the liberal agenda once and for all and believe he is capable of doing that. Appoint a strict Constitutionalist to replace milk-toast Kennedy and God willing replace Ginsberg with a hard line Constitutionalist and the liberal agenda will all be destroyed for decades. He has the balls to do it and if we can hold on to the Rino majority...he might be able to drag them across the finish line.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Jammer wrote:
Sometimes I am not all that clear in my comments, I guess it is old age.  Anyhow, I don’t have any problems with President Trump firing Tillerson.  What I struggle with is how he did it.  While I will never know exactly what transpired, from all appearances Trump was not very diplomatic or professional.  

A person of Tillerson’s stature and the position he was in deserves a reasonable level of professionalism if you are going to terminate his service.  I would personally look a painter in the eye and tell him he was being fired even if he was doing a lousy job on my house.  But I guess that is just me.

In any event, when you potentially (and I am not sure how Tillerson took it) poke someone in the eye that has the network or stature to get in the way of your agenda down the road, I just think that is plain dumb.  But I have never had billions of dollars and maybe I would think differently if I did, but I don’t.

And as for getting appointments confirmed, in my opinion it is only going to get more difficult.  The more wins the demonrats can pick up like last night, the more empowered they are going to feel.  I fear they are going to be worse than ever because they think they have the electorate behind.  After all, Trump won that district by 20% and now a year later after heavily supporting a candidate – they lost the seat (apparently – I’m sure this will probably end in a recount).

As for the "revolving door", I am beginning to fear that it MIGHT be a sign that President Trump is not all that good at identifying talent.  Time will tell on that.  

I wouldn't have fired Tillerson like that but I'm not Trump. The only bad thing to consider is if people working for Trump didn't knoe his nature before they were hired. I suspect that people like Tillerson took the job without thinking being fired for not performing wouldn't possibly happen to them. Kinda like marrying then trying to change your spouse into something they aren't.
The "win" in Pennsylvania is kind of a mystery to me. Why is anyone calling a seat that is going away in the near future a Win? Also why was the Republican party dumping money into it to keep the seat? Only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of the courts reversing the gerrymandering suit and the district being reinstated.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Trump came into the White House with some liberal, feel good, tendencies. The constant attacks have pushed him towards conservatism. I hope and preys he destroys the liberal agenda once and for all and believe he is capable of doing that. Appoint a strict Constitutionalist to replace milk-toast Kennedy and God willing replace Ginsberg with a hard line Constitutionalist and the liberal agenda will all be destroyed for decades. He has the balls to do it and if we can hold on to the Rino majority...he might be able to drag them across the finish line.

Your comment in red font above is another example of the principle that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  And that is why I worry who Trump pokes in the eye.  Who cares what he says or does to Pelosi or Shumer, but there are many others he would be well served to treat a little differently.

And you are 100% correct.  Trump does not have a strong conservative ideology, which is a little troubling.  The direction for the most part is way better than one could ever hope for, it is the future I worry about each and every morning that I get up.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Trump came into the White House with some liberal, feel good, tendencies. The constant attacks have pushed him towards conservatism. I hope and preys he destroys the liberal agenda once and for all and believe he is capable of doing that. Appoint a strict Constitutionalist to replace milk-toast Kennedy and God willing replace Ginsberg with a hard line Constitutionalist and the liberal agenda will all be destroyed for decades. He has the balls to do it and if we can hold on to the Rino majority...he might be able to drag them across the finish line.

I agree with you on the SCOTUS nominees. Getting them confirmed is another issue. Kennedy is a Republican and was nominated by Reagan. Too bad he didn't work out, things could have been lot different here.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:

As for the "revolving door", I am beginning to fear that it MIGHT be a sign that President Trump is not all that good at identifying talent.  Time will tell on that.  

I wouldn't have fired Tillerson like that but I'm not Trump.  The only bad thing to consider is if people working for Trump didn't knoe his nature before they were hired.  I suspect that people like Tillerson took the job without thinking being fired for not performing wouldn't possibly happen to them. Kinda like marrying then trying to change your spouse into something they aren't.
The "win" in Pennsylvania is kind of a mystery to me.  Why is anyone calling a seat that is going away in the near future a Win?  Also why was the Republican party dumping money into it to keep the seat?  Only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of the courts reversing the gerrymandering suit and the district being reinstated.

Don't discount momentum and perception as being important in politics.  Also, I think the last thing you want to do is give a politically attractive demonrat a stage in DC to perform on.  Shear name recognition gains from it translates into votes come November.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Clicker wrote:

I agree with you on the SCOTUS nominees.  Getting them confirmed is another issue. Kennedy is a Republican and was nominated by Reagan.  Too bad he didn't work out, things could have been  lot different here.

Well worth the nuclear option if they still have a majority at the time or IF TRUMP HASN'T PISSED OFF TOO MANY REPUBLICANS.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum