Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Eats Brains?

+2
Draco
Darth Cheney
6 posters

Go down

Who Eats Brains? Empty Who Eats Brains?

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 pm

I saw at Franklin Market they had sheep brains. Has anyone eaten brains and what do you think of them in taste and texture. I am thinking they sound disgusting but may in fact like pig nuts which sound disgusting but are the most delicious morsel imaginable. Come on you zombies, come out and admit it!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Who Eats Brains? Empty Re: Who Eats Brains?

Post  Draco Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Actually, you have to be really careful about that as you can get diseases from eating brains. Human (prions, encephalopathies), cattle (mad cow) and most North American wild animals (chronic wasting disease). I don't know if the brains of other animals are safe to eat or not.
Draco
Draco

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Draco wrote:Actually, you have to be really careful about that as you can get diseases from eating brains. Human (prions, encephalopathies), cattle (mad cow) and most North American wild animals (chronic wasting disease). I don't know if the brains of other animals are safe to eat or not.

I would guess some brain damaged USDA government inspector gave his stamp of approval. I always thought head cheese was made from brains but think it is just the meat found around the head. There has to be some zombies in training on this site or brain damaged libs that can speak up...
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Draco wrote:Actually, you have to be really careful about that as you can get diseases from eating brains. Human (prions, encephalopathies), cattle (mad cow) and most North American wild animals (chronic wasting disease). I don't know if the brains of other animals are safe to eat or not.

I would guess some brain damaged USDA government inspector gave his stamp of approval. I always thought head cheese was made from brains but think it is just the meat found around the head. There has to be some zombies in training on this site or brain damaged libs that can speak up...

It could be that if they are raised for the brains to be eaten, they may be watched for those diseases more closely and be safe. I don't know that for sure, I'm not going to risk it though.
Draco
Draco

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 pm

I have never had sheep's brains. I am glad. I wouldn't want to become a liberal. You know...since you are what you eat?

Back on topic.

I have had a cow brain taco (seso?) at a Mexican place in Sioux City.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Agree about the potential hazard found in nervous tissue of animals. And think sheep tissue is more risky than cattle.

Gomezz can likely clarify this topic. He seems the more scholarly of you lads.

Gomezz ??
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 am

Darth Cheney wrote:I saw at Franklin Market they had sheep brains. Has anyone eaten brains and what do you think of them in taste and texture. I am thinking they sound disgusting but may in fact like pig nuts which sound disgusting but are the most delicious morsel imaginable. Come on you zombies, come out and admit it!

I was gonna say zombies, but you beat me to it.

I am sure my farmer ancestors did.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:
Agree about the potential hazard found in nervous tissue of animals. And think sheep tissue is more risky than cattle.

Gomezz can likely clarify this topic. He seems the more scholarly of you lads.

Gomezz ??

More than likely it was lamb brains. Most of Krazy Kow comes from animal brains and spinal cords being feed to other animals as bone meal and protein supplements in feed. And sheep can get it too.

Something to consider. At 1,737mg, affraid the cholesterol content of 3oz of lamb brain is enough to plug your arteries and cause a stroke in a person sitting next to you. affraid That's 600% of the daily limit of 300mg. affraid affraid

http://www.livestrong.com/article/371984-lamb-brain-nutrition/
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down