Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christianity vs Islam

5 posters

Go down

Christianity vs Islam Empty Christianity vs Islam

Post  nightlight88 Tue May 14, 2013 9:05 am

Over in the cesspool, JT loves to bring up the "atrocities" of Christians, while supporting the Liar in Chief, Obama.

Here is an interesting article about the good Christians do and the "good" Islam does.

Radical Christianity vs. Radical Islam
By Trevor Thomas

Finally, Bill Maher got something right. Following the Boston bombings, Maher responded to Brian Levy, the director of the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism at California State University in San Bernardino (a great example of needed reforms in public higher education), "[T]here's only one faith, for example, that kills you or wants to kill you if you draw a bad cartoon of the prophet. There's only one faith that kills you or wants to kill you if you renounce the faith."
There you have it. Even a flaming atheist can recognize the difference between a religion of peace and one full of bloodlust. The Tsarnaevs are just the most recent example of the tragic bitter fruit produced by radical Islamists. To further Maher's point, consider and contrast the efforts of radical Islamists with those of radical Christians.

Just what is a "radical Christian"? Some might call them (with apologies to DC Talk) "Jesus Freaks." Examples are all around us, and most are virtually unknown outside their home towns (mainly because they don't make the news by killing people). They plant churches, feed the poor, heal the sick; they open orphanages and pregnancy resource centers; they visit prisoners and deliver the oppressed; in other words, they have sold themselves out to be the hands and feet of the One they worship.

Some popular examples would include men like the late Jim Elliot, who served and evangelized the Quechua Indians, even though it cost him his life. Countless Christians have forsaken the comforts of Western civilization to go and fulfill the call of Christ. In other words, Christianity exports its radicals to bring life and hope, while much of Islam does so to bring death and despair.

Radical Christian and Habitat for Humanity founder Millard Fuller and his wife Linda started an organization "that has helped build or repair more than 600,000 houses and served more than 3 million people around the world." The organization began in 1968, and the Fullers moved to Mbandaka, Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of Congo) in 1973 to spread their mission of affordable housing to developing countries.

Meanwhile, Muslims in Pakistan recently burned nearly 200 Christian homes over the alleged blasphemy against Muhammad by a Christian sanitation worker. Coptic Christians continue to suffer under the "reforms" taking place in Egypt. The Coptic minority have been murdered and seen their homes, businesses, and churches looted and burned.

Radical Christians build hospitals. Radical Muslims seek to fill them up. Christians have led the world in caring for the sick and dying among us. As Virginia Health Information notes, "[s]ome of the earliest hospitals existed in ancient Rome in 100 BC as important centers for the emergency care of sick and wounded soldiers. With the spread of Christianity, hospitals grew as part of the church's mission and became part of the community as they tended to health care not only for soldiers but also for all who needed it."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/04/radical_christianity_vs_radical_islam.html#ixzz2RtUb6QyS

nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Christianity vs Islam Empty Re: Christianity vs Islam

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

Your post is missing something.

Can't quite put my finger on it....
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 14, 2013 9:49 am

I remember now......

Christianity vs Islam Dirty-laundry_~k1533267
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 am

One thing I forgot to add:

"What are your thoughts?"
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:12 pm

I think it's funny how people try to promote their religions by proclaiming how much we should all hate the others.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:13 am

Liberal wrote:I think it's funny how people try to promote their religions by proclaiming how much we should all hate the others.

I wish JT would stop.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 am

Liberal wrote:I think it's funny how people try to promote their religions by proclaiming how much we should all hate the others.

That's what you got out of that? You must have missed the whole first part where he listed the good things christianity does to defend it from monsters like JT. Twist things much? Oh...I forgot, that's the liberal way.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down