Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 am


Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Paquette wrote:


And your point is?????
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:59 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Paquette wrote:


And your point is?????

May I suggest you read the following and decide for yourself the purpose of Scott Walker's letter being posted.


http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/285500421.html
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:03 pm

I just thought it was mildly funny but I should have known this crowd would see a conspiracy around every corner.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Paquette wrote:I just thought it was mildly funny but I should have known this crowd would see a conspiracy around every corner.

What is the "conspiracy" you should have known "this crowd" would see?
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:I just thought it was mildly funny but I should have known this crowd would see a conspiracy around every corner.

What is the "conspiracy" you should have known "this crowd" would see?

I don't know, you didn't specify what you thought the purpose of Scott Walker's letter being posted was.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:I just thought it was mildly funny but I should have known this crowd would see a conspiracy around every corner.

What is the "conspiracy" you should have known "this crowd" would see?

I don't know, you didn't specify what you thought the purpose of Scott Walker's letter being posted was.

Likewise you failed to mention why you posted the letter yet you said "should have known this crowd would see a conspiracy around every corner.

Very interesting !
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:17 pm

You can easily tell a liberal...

He/she/transgender/sexual deviate because they stand for nothing and fall for everything. They really don't know why they think they way they do as it is not based on intelligence or facts...only how it makes them feel. They want cars that get a billion miles to the gallon...not only want but demand by federal mandate. Of course they ignore the tens of thousands of Americans (North Americans for you dumb ass liberals) who needlessly are killed because of light weights cars that don't perform well in a collision. They could care less because it makes them feel good about themselves.  They cry and weep when known terrorists are questioned using aggressive tactics but thousands of Americans dying on the highway...meh.  I could go on and on with other examples like DDT, children streaming across our southern borders and others but it won't matter to them because they feel good.


Last edited by Darth Cheney on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:27 am

Darth Cheney wrote:You can easily tell a liberal...

He/she/transgender/sexual deviate because they stand for nothing and fall for everything. They really don't know why they think they way they do as it is not based on intelligence or facts...only how it makes them feel. They want cars that get a billion miles to the gallon...not only want but demand by federal mandate. Of course they ignore the tens of thousands of Americans (North Americans for you dumb ass liberals) because of light weights cars that don't perform well in a collision. They could care less because it makes them feel good about themselves.  They cry and weep when known terrorists are questioned using aggressive tactics but thousands of Americans dying on the highway...meh.  I could go on and on with other examples like DDT, children streaming across our southern borders and others but it won't matter to them because they feel good.

Wow, that's quite an outburst.

I've gotten used to being labeled a RINO in the past and now it's evolved into this long laundry list of attempted insults. It doesn't seem to matter to you if it's true, it fits what you want to believe.

There is one thing in your emotional rant that is correct, I strongly oppose torture of any kind. I'll join the other "RINOs" liberals in denouncing torture as "an abhorrent practice" and think that we should be required to "prosecute torturers". I share their "desire to bring an end to the abhorrent practice of torture".

I think I'm going to embrace the RINO label since today's incarnation of republicans is so far away from the party I've supported with my vote for the last 40 years that it's unrecognizable. I'll stick with the law and order platform of yesterday's republicans and leave the moral relativism to this new batch of kids calling themselves "conservative".

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:57 am

Paquette wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:You can easily tell a liberal...

He/she/transgender/sexual deviate because they stand for nothing and fall for everything. They really don't know why they think they way they do as it is not based on intelligence or facts...only how it makes them feel. They want cars that get a billion miles to the gallon...not only want but demand by federal mandate. Of course they ignore the tens of thousands of Americans (North Americans for you dumb ass liberals) because of light weights cars that don't perform well in a collision. They could care less because it makes them feel good about themselves.  They cry and weep when known terrorists are questioned using aggressive tactics but thousands of Americans dying on the highway...meh.  I could go on and on with other examples like DDT, children streaming across our southern borders and others but it won't matter to them because they feel good.

Wow, that's quite an outburst.

I've gotten used to being labeled a RINO in the past and now it's evolved into this long laundry list of attempted insults. It doesn't seem to matter to you if it's true, it fits what you want to believe.

There is one thing in your emotional rant that is correct, I strongly oppose torture of any kind. I'll join the other "RINOs" liberals in denouncing torture as "an abhorrent practice" and think that we should be required to "prosecute torturers". I share their "desire to bring an end to the abhorrent practice of torture".

I think I'm going to embrace the RINO label since today's incarnation of republicans is so far away from the party I've supported with my vote for the last 40 years that it's unrecognizable. I'll stick with the law and order platform of yesterday's republicans and leave the moral relativism to this new batch of kids calling themselves "conservative".

You are Exhibit A of what the hell is wrong with the Republican Party. Don't be afraid to admit what you are... a liberal, don't be ashamed of your beliefs wear them with pride!

Another example of the vermin for which you weep:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871508/Four-young-Christians-brutally-beheaded-ISIS-Iraq-refusing-convert-Islam-says-Vicar-Baghdad-Canon-Andrew-White.html
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:You can easily tell a liberal...

He/she/transgender/sexual deviate because they stand for nothing and fall for everything. They really don't know why they think they way they do as it is not based on intelligence or facts...only how it makes them feel. They want cars that get a billion miles to the gallon...not only want but demand by federal mandate. Of course they ignore the tens of thousands of Americans (North Americans for you dumb ass liberals) because of light weights cars that don't perform well in a collision. They could care less because it makes them feel good about themselves.  They cry and weep when known terrorists are questioned using aggressive tactics but thousands of Americans dying on the highway...meh.  I could go on and on with other examples like DDT, children streaming across our southern borders and others but it won't matter to them because they feel good.

Wow, that's quite an outburst.

I've gotten used to being labeled a RINO in the past and now it's evolved into this long laundry list of attempted insults. It doesn't seem to matter to you if it's true, it fits what you want to believe.

There is one thing in your emotional rant that is correct, I strongly oppose torture of any kind. I'll join the other "RINOs" liberals in denouncing torture as "an abhorrent practice" and think that we should be required to "prosecute torturers". I share their "desire to bring an end to the abhorrent practice of torture".

I think I'm going to embrace the RINO label since today's incarnation of republicans is so far away from the party I've supported with my vote for the last 40 years that it's unrecognizable. I'll stick with the law and order platform of yesterday's republicans and leave the moral relativism to this new batch of kids calling themselves "conservative".

You are Exhibit A of what the hell is wrong with the Republican Party. Don't be afraid to admit what you are... a liberal, don't be ashamed of your beliefs wear them with pride!

Another example of the vermin for which you weep:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871508/Four-young-Christians-brutally-beheaded-ISIS-Iraq-refusing-convert-Islam-says-Vicar-Baghdad-Canon-Andrew-White.html

So I'm a liberal because I think torture is "an abhorrent practice" and that we should "prosecute torturers"? Does that apply to the man I'm quoting too?

Who is weeping for the terrorists? Is that the best you can do? Make sh!t up? Am I weeping for the terrorists because I don't want to sink down to the level of these vermin and become as despicable as they are? That's some mighty twisted logic, you might as well call me pro abortion because I also oppose those who kill abortionists.

If I'm what's wrong with the republican party then I'll happily leave right along with those who agree that torture is "an abhorrent practice". I'll be in good company along side of RWR and JC. If supporting torture is now a requirement for membership in the republican party, I'm gone.


Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:22 am

No doubt this thread will get there soon enough but let's speed the process up just a tad.

Will someone please define torture how they see it and opine whether all U.S. citizens will agree with his/her definition and why or why not others may or may not agree.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:42 am

Skeptical wrote:No doubt this thread will get there soon enough but let's speed the process up just a tad.

Will someone please define torture how they see it and opine whether all U.S. citizens will agree with his/her definition and why or why not others may or may not agree.

This is the definition that Ronald Reagan helped craft when he led the effort to outlaw it's practice world wide.

For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/cat.html

This is the definition Christ used.

Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.


Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Skeptical wrote:No doubt this thread will get there soon enough but let's speed the process up just a tad.

Will someone please define torture how they see it and opine whether all U.S. citizens will agree with his/her definition and why or why not others may or may not agree.

"“Torture to me is an American citizen on a cell phone making the last call to his four young daughters shortly before he burns to death on the upper floors of the World Trade Center on 9/11,” /Dick Cheney

A real F'n man!
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:58 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Skeptical wrote:No doubt this thread will get there soon enough but let's speed the process up just a tad.

Will someone please define torture how they see it and opine whether all U.S. citizens will agree with his/her definition and why or why not others may or may not agree.

"“Torture to me is an American citizen on a cell phone making the last call to his four young daughters shortly before he burns to death on the upper floors of the World Trade Center on 9/11,” /Dick Cheney

A real F'n man!

Yep, you got it. He is a real man, not like that pussy Reagan who drank so much of the liberal koolaid that he was able to convince himself that torture was a bad thing. What a naive, bleeding heart liberal, it's about time he was finally drummed out of the republican party. With all his do-gooder emotional feelings about morality and Christian faith he has no place in the hallowed halls of today's Grand Old Party.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 am

Ya know, this goes much deeper than those pussies Reagan and McCain, this so called ban on torture was ratified with an overwhelming majority of a republican controlled congress. Every single one of those RINO traitors needs to be hunted down and fed rectally until they either renounce their vote or renounce their allegiance with the republican party.

At last, we finally know that sodomy is to be celebrated as long as it's forced, non consensual and we can claim we got something out of it. Sodomy isn't a sick, perverted practice as long as it's done for patriotic reasons.

Thank God for moral relativism.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:56 am

Paquette wrote:Ya know, this goes much deeper than those pussies Reagan and McCain, this so called ban on torture was ratified with an overwhelming majority of a republican controlled congress. Every single one of those RINO traitors needs to be hunted down and fed rectally until they either renounce their vote or renounce their allegiance with the republican party.

At last, we finally know that sodomy is to be celebrated as long as it's forced, non consensual and we can claim we got something out of it. Sodomy isn't a sick, perverted practice as long as it's done for patriotic reasons.

Thank God for moral relativism.

Ahem!

United States of America:
Signed: 18 April 1988 --- Second term of Ronald Reagan
Ratified: 21 October 1994 --- First term of Bill Clinton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Torture

The One Hundred Third United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C. from January 3, 1993 to January 3, 1995, during the first two years of Bill Clinton's presidency. The apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives was based on the Twenty-first Census of the United States in 1990. Both chambers had a Democratic majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_United_States_Congress


( Now on November 8, 1994 The Republican Party won control of both the House and the Senate in midterm congressional elections, the first time in 40 years the Republicans secured control of both houses of Congress.  However this was after the Senate ratified the treaty.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:05 am

There is a question floating around the media:

Would you rather be water boarded or killed by a drone?

CIA under Bush waterboarded, under Obama we kill people.

avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:25 am

For the purposes of this Convention, torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/cat.html

I reckon it would behoove the captured/arrested terror suspect to be careful when walking down a long light of stairs lest he/she lose balance and fall down those darn stairs on the way to the detention/confinement facility.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Skeptical on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:28 am

nightlight88 wrote:There is a question floating around the media:

Would you rather be water boarded or killed by a drone?

CIA under Bush waterboarded, under Obama we kill people.


No questions asked, none expected, just kill them.

Look at it from the liberal perspective .. since there was no severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental and only death it wasn't torture! Since such death was not inflicted intentionally on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him information, it isn't torture!


Last edited by Skeptical on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm

Paquette wrote:Ya know, this goes much deeper than those pussies Reagan and McCain, this so called ban on torture was ratified with an overwhelming majority of a republican controlled congress. Every single one of those RINO traitors needs to be hunted down and fed rectally until they either renounce their vote or renounce their allegiance with the republican party.

At last, we finally know that sodomy is to be celebrated as long as it's forced, non consensual and we can claim we got something out of it. Sodomy isn't a sick, perverted practice as long as it's done for patriotic reasons.

Thank God for moral relativism.

I thought we are supposed to welcome and celebrate sodomy in any form it is done!

You keep that love affair going for these sand savages...
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:23 am

I think it's safe to say that people in here strongly reject Reagan's position that torture is an abhorrent practice.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 am

nightlight88 wrote:There is a question floating around the media:

Would you rather be water boarded or killed by a drone?

CIA under Bush waterboarded, under Obama we kill people.


A quick death or a decade of torture? I think I'd take a quick death but then as a Christian, I'm not afraid to die.

But you really can't make a legitimate comparison between the two, one is an object and the other is an action. One is a legal weapon of war, it can legitimately be used in accordance with international law. Torture is not a legitimate weapon of war, it's use has been completely outlawed by nearly all countries. There is no legal justification for torture. A drone can be used legally or illegally, just like a gun. Torture can never be used legally, it is against the law.

In my opinion, Obama has used drones legitimately in some cases and in others, is walking a pretty fine line to say the least. I strongly object to some of the ways he's used drones. But it wouldn't matter if he used a drone or a conventional, manned aircraft, it's not the tool that's illegal, it's how you use it. Attacking targets that are not in a recognized combat theater is pretty damned sketchy but it doesn't matter if the pilot is sitting in the aircraft or in a trailer. Drones don't kill people. people kill people. And enema bags don't anally rape people, sick, sick bastards anally rape people.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:25 am

Darth Cheney wrote:I thought we are supposed to welcome and celebrate sodomy in any form it is done!

You keep that love affair going for these sand savages...

Keep up the good fight against that evil straw man. Rolling Eyes

I think most people, even if they are opposed to gay marriage, draw a pretty strong line between consensual sex and rape. I'm not a fan of S&M either but I think there's a big difference between trying up and whipping a willing partner or doing it to someone who is not willing. One is a twisted but legal sexual perversion, the other is a crime.

You too see a distinction between consensual sex and rape but you seem to think that rape is acceptable. There are a lot of people who would think that is a very, very, very sick point of view.

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Rusty Houser on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 am

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:Ya know, this goes much deeper than those pussies Reagan and McCain, this so called ban on torture was ratified with an overwhelming majority of a republican controlled congress. Every single one of those RINO traitors needs to be hunted down and fed rectally until they either renounce their vote or renounce their allegiance with the republican party.

At last, we finally know that sodomy is to be celebrated as long as it's forced, non consensual and we can claim we got something out of it. Sodomy isn't a sick, perverted practice as long as it's done for patriotic reasons.

Thank God for moral relativism.

Ahem!

United States of America:
Signed: 18 April 1988 --- Second term of Ronald Reagan
Ratified: 21 October 1994 --- First term of Bill Clinton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Torture

The One Hundred Third United States Congress was a meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives. It met in Washington, D.C. from January 3, 1993 to January 3, 1995, during the first two years of Bill Clinton's presidency. The apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives was based on the Twenty-first Census of the United States in 1990. Both chambers had a Democratic majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_United_States_Congress


( Now on November 8, 1994 The Republican Party won control of both the House and the Senate in midterm congressional elections, the first time in 40 years the Republicans secured control of both houses of Congress.  However this was after the Senate ratified the treaty.

You're right, I was wrong. It was not a republican controlled congress but it was "ratified with an overwhelming majority" of congress including republicans. There was some objection to certain provisions of the treaty but there was no real objection to the notion that torture is wrong and that there is no justification for it's use.

Now back to the original point, should we hunt down "every single one of those RINO traitors" that helped ratify this treaty? Will you condemn Reagan and HW Bush for their efforts to outlaw torture?

Or will you admit that today's republican party bears little resemblance to the party of Ronald Wilson Reagan? McCain gets labeled as a RINO for opposing the use of torture, will you give the same treatment to Reagan and HW Bush?

Rusty Houser

Posts : 600
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Right Behind You.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker Embraces Religious Diversity

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum