Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread

+5
Draco
pse1124
Freedom Forever
sodaknomad
BladeRunner
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread Empty "The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread

Post  BladeRunner Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:15 pm

http://greatplainsvoices.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg226007#msg226007

Great post JT.

I'd give you positive rep if it was possible for me to do so.

I'd even send you a GPLV pm if you weren't blocking me. Maybe you'll see it here.

It is an interesting thread. Twinks is struggling to understand the positive attitude Christians have about this accident.

So, tell me justsayingit'rs what are your thoughts?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

"The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread Empty Re: "The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread

Post  sodaknomad Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 pm

BladeRunner wrote:http://greatplainsvoices.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg226007#msg226007

Great post JT.

I'd give you positive rep if it was possible for me to do so.

I'd even send you a GPLV pm if you weren't blocking me. Maybe you'll see it here.

It is an interesting thread. Twinks is struggling to understand the positive attitude Christians have about this accident.

So, tell me justsayingit'rs what are your thoughts?

Gotta love Kid for throwing the flag at Greenpunk for trying to hijack the tread. Wish he'd have more control over the mods.
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

"The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread Empty Re: "The religious response to the weekend car crash" thread

Post  Freedom Forever Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm

The theology over there is amusing. Apparently the Lord is already resting in the 7th day. News to me.
The main hurdle atheist have with suffering, is they will always ask; Why do bad things happen to good people. The premise is already incorrect. There are no good people. And no, I'm not saying we all deserved bad things either. I consider myself blessed in that I have received goods things I don't deserve.

.... and not one out of context Leviticus verse. (From "How to argue with Christians") What up?
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:The theology over there is amusing. Apparently the Lord is already resting in the 7th day. News to me.
The main hurdle atheist have with suffering, is they will always ask; Why do bad things happen to good people. The premise is already incorrect. There are no good people. And no, I'm not saying we all deserved bad things either. I consider myself blessed in that I have received goods things I don't deserve.

.... and not one out of context Leviticus verse. (From "How to argue with Christians") What up?

Well said.

We aren't good people. We are all sinners. We have all fallen short.

I always get a kick out of it when atheists don't get that fact.

Bad things happen to EVERYBODY.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:12 pm

I got muted from that thread, because I bothered to point out that Twinkles thinks people who believe in god are stupid, and all his heroes supposedly believe in God, like BHO and Pelosi, and Biden.

Yeah it was a bit trollie, but no more than the resident libs give me.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 pm

pse1124 wrote:I got muted from that thread, because I bothered to point out that Twinkles thinks people who believe in god are stupid, and all his heroes supposedly believe in God, like BHO and Pelosi, and Biden.

The only reason you got muted is WHO you said it to, plain and simple.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:38 am

pse1124 wrote:I got muted from that thread, because I bothered to point out that Twinkles thinks people who believe in god are stupid, and all his heroes supposedly believe in God, like BHO and Pelosi, and Biden.

Twinks is a Godless heathen who spreads poison. I have compassion for non believes, but when someone actively works against the truth of Christ that is another issue all together. He seeks to discourage others from believing, all the while saying "believe whatever you want I don't care" Hope he wakes up soon....... for his kids sake at least. Crying or Very sad

Feel free to copy and paste this post FFE. anyone
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 am

Here is an invite to Twinkies and anyone else that would like to hear the story of a similar situation.

On March 17, this guy will be at Sioux Falls First Assembly of God.

His car was flooded. He survived, but the other members of his family did not.

http://www.mightyintheland.com/ourstory

He was highlighted on ABC : http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/story?id=5678843&page=1

On Saturday night, at 9:18 CT, Rogers will mark the five-year
anniversary by lighting five candles, releasing five balloons, eating a
bowl of ice cream and reading scripture Psalm 46.
Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,

an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

8 Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

It may be difficult for non-Christians to understand how Christians
can go on. How they can still believe in a God who "allowed this to
happen".

All one has to do is read the words of the old hymn "It
is Well", and hear the story of the conditions the man who wrote to understand.

God is real, and these stories are evidence to that fact.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:31 pm

He just likes to bait people into an argument and has no real interest in what people actually have to say. He's seems far too angry for that. He complains about the loud minority of Christians who are jerks and applies it to all Christians. I wonder if he does the same about the loud minority of atheists who are jerks.
Draco
Draco

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:The theology over there is amusing. Apparently the Lord is already resting in the 7th day. News to me.

Leviticus ought be a favorite book for some in this crowd ... wanna' know why ?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:55 am

Shortie's Lover wrote:

teh gays!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:

No
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

teh gays!
That, and so much more. Incest. Adultery. Beastiality. All things typically in the repressed psyche of a couple of posters here at JSI.

Oh, and food stuff that sets you separate from the jooz (and the moozlims too).
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:27 am

Where's the tolerance?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Where's the tolerance?
I don't judge the aspects of your sexuality which you repress in real life ... only to make them come alive here @ JSI.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:53 am

Shortie's Lover wrote:
I don't judge the aspects of your sexuality which you repress in real life ... only to make them come alive here @ JSI.

Can you even think about talking about the topic rather than attack someone's sexuality?

And the hilarious part of it is that you, a pro-homosexual person, is ridiculing/attacking someone who is not by saying he has homosexual tendencies.---and you don't see the ridiculous hypocrisy in it.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:

Are you actually saying you don't judge heterosexuality? Why would you? That's like saying I don't judge the sunrise. Which is also normal and natural. scratch
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

Can you even think about talking about the topic rather than attack someone's sexuality?

And the hilarious part of it is that you, a pro-homosexual person, is ridiculing/attacking someone who is not by saying he has homosexual tendencies.---and you don't see the ridiculous hypocrisy in it.

The irony is thick with this one. Twisted Evil
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:

Nice armchair psychology there SL. Suspect /s
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:18 pm

BladeRunner wrote:

The first mention of human sexuality in this thread was:

Darth Cheney wrote:
teh gays!
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

The first mention of human sexuality in this thread was:

Darth Cheney wrote:
teh gays!

You asked. Darth answered. You confirmed. Now let's talk about the gerbils in your nest.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

I offered no ridicule/attack. In fact, quite the opposite. I recognize the repression. I am OK with Darth's repressed inner being. I embrace him for the beautiful person that he (she ?) is.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:13 am

Shortie's Lover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

I offered no ridicule/attack. In fact, quite the opposite. I recognize the repression. I am OK with Darth's repressed inner being. I embrace him for the beautiful person that he (she ?) is.

LOL, you can't help yourself, can you?

Oh well. Go for it.

You aren't able to attack people on GPLV and get away with it. I think here you're free to do so (to a point). So, let YOUR repressed feelings of aggression run free.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Shortie's Lover wrote:

who from GPLV are you a clone for?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:37 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

who from GPLV are you a clone for?

Hint: Who loves Shortie more than anyone in the whole wide world.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next