Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling”

5 posters

Go down

Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling” Empty Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling”

Post  BladeRunner Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Makes sense.

Now, they will have to have all high school, college, and professional sports be unisex as well.

You know, because women can do ANYTHING a man can do.

If you can't sense the sarcasm in my post......

OPEN YOUR EYES
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling” Empty Re: Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling”

Post  Skeptical Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:56 pm

On a serious note as far as women in combat goes I have this to say.

Those women who have all the capabilities to withstand the physical and mental rigors of combat (whether a slash and run or prolonged encounter) should be afforded the opportunity to contribute.

I am of the opinion there have been more than a few males who have cracked under the stress of combat.

I would not want the physical qualifications lowered to any great extent just for the sake of gender equality in combat. Both sexes should be the finest physical fitness to meet the needs of combat. Again and just my opinion fitness, technology, and the creativeness to adapt in a situation is what may give the American fighting person the edge in conflict.

I was active duty back in the 1970's when the womens lib movement screamed for women to be allowed in the maintenance areas. Worked for some women and turned out lousy for others.

For example just the area I was assigned, we were issued personal tool boxes that could weigh upwards of 65 to 70 pounds. I did see more than a few females not able to perform the duties so assigned (one was assigned to the shop I was who was barely five foot tall and weighed 100 pounds dripping wet and had a pocketfull of nickels). She was dealt a terribly unfair deal to be assigned to such an area but the "public" demanded women in the maintenance shops so the service complied and just assigned them. Hell, she couldn't even lift her toolbox off the securing rack in the shop. Throw in the fact she was subject to deployment and as such would be required to tote her toolbox and whatever cold weather/special gear issued for such deployment.

A few years later after the novelty had worn off and again, IMHO, some smarts entered into the picture of assigning women to maintenance shops had a far better look. Matter of fact I had one I supervised I would have given up six males to keep. However she figured her time was up and got out to start a new life.

So, I hope the respective services keep a keen sense about them and do this for the benefit of all and not just the supporters of gender equality. I trust they will monitor and change where it can be changed and not lose the edge the American fighting person needs.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling” Empty Re: Women In Combat: Shattering the “Brass Ceiling”

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am

I shudder at the thought of having an all female unit suffering from PMS with fully automatic weapons. Razz
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BoonDocks Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 am

Male chauvinists.

It has been proven time and again that women can do anything a man can do.
BoonDocks
BoonDocks

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:34 am

BoonDocks wrote:Male chauvinists.

Really ... are you 100% positive?

If you are that sure would you please post the verifiable link telling how a woman impregnated another woman during consenual lesbian sex without the presence of or the contibution of a male in any way, shape or form?

Thanks for reading my post and I am looking forward to reading your proof "that women can do anything a man can do".
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 am

Really...spell your name in the snow with piss.

Now go get me a cold beer and make me a sammich!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Probably why standards for physical strength have to be lowered in order for them to qualify for traditional male jobs. Rolling Eyes Maybe take a break from GPV for awhile. Let it heal.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:

Really...spell your name in the snow with piss.

Now go get me a cold beer and make me a sammich!

My name has an ( i ) in it and I have trouble dotting it sometimes. Embarassed
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down