Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump ruffles feathers again.

+3
Dr. Evil
Darth Cheney
Skeptical
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trump ruffles feathers again. - Page 2 Empty Re: Trump ruffles feathers again.

Post  Jammer Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:08 am

Skeptical wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Jammer wrote:   He is willing to say what he thinks will win him votes, but I am not sure if you can count on him to govern the same way he spoke.  

With all due respect, that is the same as with all political candidates.

I can't think of a single candidate that I heard speak that said things with an intentional expectation to NOT GET votes!

As for saying things that will get votes...one must admit it worked twice for that MT suit HMWAIC !

1.  There is a big and I mean BIG difference between saying things that will get you votes and saying things that you don’t believe in or are outright lies to get votes.

I never said they were outright lies or they didn't believe in what they said.

It is a plain fact every candidate for public office says things he/she thinks the voters want to hear and will get them votes.

HUH????  scratch

Things said by candidates they thought people wanted to hear and said to get votes.

“a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage.”
During the presidential campaign of 1928, a circular published by the Republican Party

It got a lot of votes but did not materialize.

"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"
"If you like your plan you can keep your plan"
"I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

All the above were said to get votess and did.

I repeat:  scratch
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 am

Typically when those on the left are the least bit critical of any facet of the armed forces, whether it be operational or personnel, they are labeled as unamerican. It's interesting to see you guys tag in on McCain like a bunch of college guys gang banging a drunk chick at a frat party. It's good to know that this type of thought is so widely accepted after all. I had no idea

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:57 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Typically when those on the left are the least bit critical of any facet of the armed forces, whether it be operational or personnel, they are labeled as unamerican.  It's interesting to see you guys tag in on McCain like a bunch of college guys gang banging a drunk chick at a frat party.  It's good to know that this type of thought is so widely accepted after all.  I had no idea

All the information I presented came from liberal sources in particular my link to the Rolling Stone piece. The last time I checked, the Rolling Stone was hardly a font of conservative thought and ideology. I don't remember any outrage in the media in 2008  over this information or the fact that Rolling Stone was acting as a de facto opposition research arm of the Obama campaign. In fact the only time the media and liberals seem to fawn over McCain is when he is going "maverick". Like in 2000 and his run against Bush and his testing of the waters in 2004. Come 2008 and the media and Democrats savage him.

The truth remains, Trump called McCain a war hero because he was a POW. In fact he stated it 4 times. Sharyl Atkinsson nails it but the media decided to ignore it because what he is stating is resonating with many voters.

And the truth remains that most of McCain's military career was a train wreck, fraught with a lack of discipline, mediocrity and a propensity towards the use of his family's influence to further his career.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 am

Time to throw more fuel on the fire!

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/18/trump-mccain-a-war-hero-because-he-was-captured-i-like-people-who-werent/

In my humble opinion Frank Lutz was the catalyst for this controversy.

Trump was asked about political correctness and previous remarks where he called McCain a “dummy.”

Trump answered by first talking about his rally in Phoenix, which he said was attended by “wonderful, great Americans.”

He continued, “John McCain goes, [paraphrasing] ‘Oh, boy, Trump makes my life difficult. He had 15,000 crazies show up.’

He called them all crazy. I said, ‘They weren’t crazy. They were great Americans.’ These people, if you were to see these people you — I know what crazy is. I know all about crazies, these weren’t crazy. So, he insulted me, and he insulted everybody in that room. And I said, ‘Somebody should run against John McCain who has been, you know, in my opinion, not so hot.’ And I supported him, I supported him for president. I raised a million dollars for him, that’s a lot of money. I supported him. He lost, he let us down, but, you know, he lost. So, I’ve never liked him as much after that, because I don’t like losers.”

Frank Luntz, who was leading the Q&A session, repeatedly protested, “He’s a war hero.”

Trump responded, “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, okay? I hate to tell you.” Trump re-iterated, “He’s a war hero because he was capture, okay? You can have — and I believe — perhaps he’s a war hero, but right now, he said some very bad things about a lot of people.

So Frank Lutz is the one who, in this interview, was the person who called McCain a war hero without any verifiable documentation of heroism to justify that label of "war hero".

Now I have to wonder what acts of heroism John McCain did while in the military other than be captured and being a prisoner for a period of a little over five years?  Frank Lutz did not list the heroic feats of John McCain other than comment, "He's a war hero".

Is the modern or Politically Correct label of War Hero now based soley on whether a person was captured or not.

This makes me wonder how Frank Lutz would label Everett Alverez, or the young soldier who was carried on a stretcher onto the C-141 in Hanoi after release by the North Vietnamese but upon arriving at Clark AB, Philippines refused to be carried off instead he used crutches to walk off the plane.

What about all the rest of those released from Hanoi, are they also heroes based soley upon being captured.  If that is the measure of being a hero one can only imagine how tall the pedestal should be for a staute of Alvin York, or Audie Murphy, or those who sacrificed their lives to save many others.

If any reader can post a link to the list of Joh McCain's specific acts of heroism prior to being captured and held prisoner, please do so.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Skeptical wrote:

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/18/trump-mccain-a-war-hero-because-he-was-captured-i-like-people-who-werent/

Trump was asked about political correctness and previous remarks where he called McCain a “dummy.”

Trump answered by first talking about his rally in Phoenix, which he said was attended by “wonderful, great Americans.”

He continued, “John McCain goes, [paraphrasing] ‘Oh, boy, Trump makes my life difficult. He had 15,000 crazies show up.’

He called them all crazy. I said, ‘They weren’t crazy. They were great Americans.’ These people, if you were to see these people you — I know what crazy is. I know all about crazies, these weren’t crazy. So, he insulted me, and he insulted everybody in that room. And I said, ‘Somebody should run against John McCain who has been, you know, in my opinion, not so hot.’ And I supported him, I supported him for president. I raised a million dollars for him, that’s a lot of money. I supported him. He lost, he let us down, but, you know, he lost. So, I’ve never liked him as much after that, because I don’t like losers.”

Frank Luntz, who was leading the Q&A session, repeatedly protested, “He’s a war hero.”

Trump responded, “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, okay? I hate to tell you.” Trump re-iterated, “He’s a war hero because he was capture, okay? You can have — and I believe — perhaps he’s a war hero, but right now, he said some very bad things about a lot of people.

So Frank Lutz is the one who, in this interview, was the person who called McCain a war hero without any verifiable documentation of heroism to justify that label of "war hero".

Now I have to wonder what acts of heroism John McCain did while in the military other than be captured and being a prisoner for a period of a little over five years?  Frank Lutz did not list the heroic feats of John McCain other than comment, "He's a war hero".

Is the modern or Politically Correct label of War Hero now based soley on whether a person was captured or not.

This makes me wonder how Frank Lutz would label Everett Alverez, or the young soldier who was carried on a stretcher onto the C-141 in Hanoi after release by the North Vietnamese but upon arriving at Clark AB, Philippines refused to be carried off instead he used crutches to walk off the plane.

What about all the rest of those released from Hanoi, are they also heroes based soley upon being captured.  If that is the measure of being a hero one can only imagine how tall the pedestal should be for a staute of Alvin York, or Audie Murphy, or those who sacrificed their lives to save many others.

If any reader can post a link to the list of Joh McCain's specific acts of heroism prior to being captured and held prisoner, please do so.

Ask you buds Gomezz, Darth & Bladerunner about Alvin York. According to them he was an alcoholic homosexual. But to them, Trump is a god (imagine that).

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Skeptical wrote:

My personal favorite act of heroism by "Jackoff" McCain was when he flew was attempting to fly under some power lines in Spain. Flying just feet above ground level, "Jackoff" clipped the power lines plunging thousands of homes into darkness. He landed on his carrier trailing enough power cable to start his own electric company. Of course 4-Star Daddy bailed his sorry ass out ... again.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2