Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Jammer on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:46 am



I wish conservatives would spend more time helping other conservatives educate themselves on conservative principles.  There are some excellent on-line courses that offer a lot of value.  Unfortunately, some of us would rather spend their time playing circle jerk games with dumbass progressive liberals.


"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
". . . whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that, whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them right."
Thomas Jefferson
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:53 pm

While the Wright brothers are given credit for the first heavier than air controlled flight, Gustave Whitehead very well might have beat them. And the Wright brothers plane was of little use as long as they had to launch it with assistance of a track. Glenn Curtiss actually flew the first plane that took off unassisted and landed with the addition of a landing gear. The video fails to mention any of that as well as the fact that the Wright brothers first sale of a plane was to .... the US government.

FWIW, your first Jefferson quote has never been found in Jefferson's works by the Monticello website.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/if-we-are-guard-against-ignorance-quotation
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Jammer on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:While the Wright brothers are given credit for the first heavier than air controlled flight, Gustave Whitehead very well might have beat them. And the Wright brothers plane was of little use as long as they had to launch it with assistance of a track. Glenn Curtiss actually flew the first plane that took off unassisted and landed with the addition of a landing gear.  The video fails to mention any of that as well as the fact that the Wright brothers first sale of a plane was to .... the US government.

FWIW, your first Jefferson quote has never been found in Jefferson's works by the Monticello website.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/if-we-are-guard-against-ignorance-quotation

Have you ever been to Monticello?  I have and it is run by a foundation that is completely 100% controlled by liberals.  We were not half way thru the tour and my wife wanted to leave because she was so mad over the revisionist history coming from our tour guide.  My wife is into history and has read all of the real Thomas Jefferson books and other material on Jefferson by David Barton and others.

So, please have at the website controlled by the liberals who have taken over the Thomas Jefferson Foundation.  Leslie Green Bowman the CEO of the foundation is an Obama darling.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/09/12/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts

This is not something unique to this particular foundation.  Take a look at the Annenberg Foundation and others.  Many of these were started by conservatives.   People really should take the time and read the link below.  It is pretty much a blueprint for the majority of the foundations in this country.  Unfortunately for our children and grandchildren, WE are not paying attention to these problems and not only letting them occur but actually siding with them.  So sad.

http://www.matchdoctor.com/blog_141905/Factcheck_org_--_A_Fraudulent_Fact_Check_Site_Funded_By_Biased_Political_Group.html

But guess what, where there is free money, the progressive liberals rush in.  Anyhow, I know a lot of people like to rely on Google to help them form their opinions.  However, I am not one of them, I rely on personal experiences whenever possible.  As for the specific Jefferson Quote, I am not sure if your are right or not.  But I do know that Abraham Lincoln said:  "You can't believe everything you read on the internet".  I suppose the next thing you will say is that is not a verified Abraham Lincoln quote.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Jammer on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:00 pm

My Google says that your Google might be wrong:


No Freedom Without Education


"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816. ME 14:384

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Politics/thomasjefferson/jeff1350.htm

But then again, who is one to believe?  Certainly the website controlled by the progressive liberals running the Jefferson Foundation who are trying to revise history should be trustworthy, shouldn't they?
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Jammer on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:16 pm

This is an interesting site.  It contains not only a full transcript of what Jefferson did NOT say according to the Thomas Jefferson Foundation, but also a copy of the ORIGINAL letter.

https://seaofliberty.org/explore/jefferson-charles-yancey-quote/163

Not sure who to believe here, the wonderful left leaning Thomas Jefferson Foundation or my lying eyes.   Maybe I will flip a coin.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Jammer wrote:My Google says that your Google might be wrong:


No Freedom Without Education


"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816. ME 14:384

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Politics/thomasjefferson/jeff1350.htm

But then again, who is one to believe?  Certainly the website controlled by the progressive liberals running the Jefferson Foundation who are trying to revise history should be trustworthy, shouldn't they?

You're correct. That quote segment I questioned was in a mashup of a larger quote and was footnoted as being correctly attributed to Jefferson and I'd missed it. There are so many misattributed/spurious quotes from the Founders ricocheting around the Internet that I look at all of them with a questioning eye.

Liberal or not, I don't have any problem with the Monticello group. They are working in conjunction with Princeton in helping catalog Jefferson's papers a project that has been underway since the 50s. I wouldn't be surprised that many of the web sites you go to got their quotes from this project. If you're going to get your drawers in a bunch over this then Gawd help you because here's a dirty little secret....most historians are overwhelmingly liberal. You have to sift through the detritus to find the real story.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Jammer on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:56 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Jammer wrote:My Google says that your Google might be wrong:


No Freedom Without Education


"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816. ME 14:384

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Politics/thomasjefferson/jeff1350.htm

But then again, who is one to believe?  Certainly the website controlled by the progressive liberals running the Jefferson Foundation who are trying to revise history should be trustworthy, shouldn't they?

You're correct. That quote segment I questioned was in a mashup of a larger quote and was footnoted as being correctly attributed to Jefferson and I'd missed it. There are so many misattributed/spurious quotes from the Founders ricocheting around the Internet that I look at all of them with a questioning eye.

Liberal or not, I don't have any problem with the Monticello group. They are working in conjunction with Princeton in helping catalog Jefferson's papers a project that has been underway since the 50s. I wouldn't be surprised that many of the web sites you go to got their quotes from this project. If you're going to get your drawers in a bunch over this then Gawd help you because here's a dirty little secret....most historians are overwhelmingly liberal. You have to sift through the detritus to find the real story.


Getting my drawers in a bunch is a gross UNDER statement of my contempt and hatred for liberals and what they are doing to this country.  And next in line on my list are people who are OK with what they are doing.

If you are OK with the Monticello group, then you are OK with them telling our youth and naïve adults that Thomas Jefferson was a Deist and not a Christian, that there is proof that he fathered multiple children with Sally Hemings, that Jefferson fled his plantation in cowardly fashion during the Revolutionary War to avoid the British who were searching for him and that he was a terrible businessman as he died bankrupt.  YOUR beloved liberal historians need to paint our Founding Fathers in a very negative light if they are to be successful in demeaning their wonderful accomplishments.  And on the tour we took at Monticello I heard these things said with my very own ears by a sickening liberal tour guide to a group of roughly 20 people with many young unsuspecting minds in the group.  I find it despicable, but I know YOU are OK with that.

If you are OK with the Monticello group, then you are OK with the way liberals have infiltrated the vast majority of all the foundations in this country.  I personally believe that well over 80% of the foundations in this country are controlled by liberals.  The amount of money these foundations have and take in each year is staggering.  Much of this money came from conservatives and continues to come from naïve conservatives who are OK with them.  And guess what, 99% of the grants made by these liberal foundations go to support progressive liberal causes.

You love Google, so I suggest that you spend some detailed time learning about the Annenberg Foundation.  Mr. Annenberg was a fairly conservative Republican who was involved with every Republican president during his time, especially Ronald Reagan.  He was also personal friends with Margaret Thatcher due to his time in Great Britain.   And he left billions of dollars to his foundation only to have it taken over by liberals.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-run-foundation-gave-millions-liberal-groups-including-one-run-bill-ayers

And the Annenberg Foundation is hardly the only foundation where naïve conservatives left huge fortunes to be gobbled up by the parasite liberals.  Take a look at the McArthur Foundation.  

http://capitalresearch.org/2005/09/the-macarthur-foundation-a-donor-without-a-cause-spawns-a-foundation-with-an-agenda/

It is just one more example in a very long list of well intended conservatives working their entire lives to build a fortune only to have the blood sucking parasitic liberals drain every penny away for their lavish lifestyles (foundation expenses) and to fund far left liberal causes.  Well even if you are OK with that, I am not.  My mission is to see if I can find a second and then a third and then a fourth conservative who will stand with me and fight these evil cretins.  Thanks for letting me know you will not be one of them.

And as for your beloved Google, it is also run by progressive liberals.  It ever so subtly shifts users to the left when they are researching political issues.  They always try to steer you away from the conservative answers and nudge you in the direction of what progressive liberals want you to read.  I suspect it will get much more aggressive in their efforts in the future.  I try to rely on personal experiences and known conservative sources such as:

http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Jefferson-American-Classic-Series/dp/0880800062

Another source I rely on is Dr. Burton Folsom one of the best professors at the most conservative college in the country.  He was the man in the video above that you tried to marginalize which is interestingly how liberals always begin their attacks on conservatives.  Makes one wonder doesn't it??

A final question, are you going to address my question to you on another thread about ending the Fed and returning to a gold standard?  That would seem like a much more valuable use of time than scouring the internet for fake Thomas Jefferson quotes or urban legends and myths on the Wright Brothers.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2082
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free Market Capitalism versus Crony Capitalism

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum