Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war

2 posters

Go down

In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war Empty In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:31 am

or so says the MT suit HMWAIC, Frank Marshall Davis Jr.

I clearly recall the Soviet Union having missiles in Cuba that could strike cities in the US but wasn't aware the US and Cuba were on the edge of confrontation.

Of course he is a liberal ideologue so he makes up history as he goes along!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war Empty Re: In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 am

Skeptical wrote:
or so says the MT suit HMWAIC, Frank Marshall Davis Jr.

I clearly recall the Soviet Union having missiles in Cuba that could strike cities in the US but wasn't aware the US and Cuba were on the edge of confrontation.

Of course he is a liberal ideologue so he makes up history as he goes along!

Hmmmm. Suspect  The Missile Crisis was in 1962 and Obama was born in 1961.

I was 9 at the time and remember Kennedy's address on tv and the fear in the country over the possibility of nuclear war.

With the aid of 20/20 hindsight, Kennedy was a total idiot in the Missile Crisis and it was his ham fisted foreign policies that helped not only aggravated the situation but also helped precipitate it. The closeness of the Cuban missiles made no difference in the strategic balance. The Soviet Union already had sub launched ballistic missiles prowling off of the coast. If Kennedy hadn't deployed the medium range Jupiter missile in Turkey in 1961, the crisis would never have happened. When the Soviets removed the missiles, Kennedy removed the Jupiters from Turkey. Of course this was a secret agreement to make Kennedy appear tough. The Kennedy's have never been the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Good article here on the lies of the Cuban Missile Crisis:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/01/the-real-cuban-missile-crisis/309190/
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war Empty Re: In the year of my birth the US and Cuba were on the verge of nuclear war

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I was 9 at the time and remember Kennedy's address on tv and the fear in the country over the possibility of nuclear war.

Perhaps the MT suit HMWAIC said the year after he was born ... have to wait and see if his remarks are replayed later.

But either way I don't recall the fear of nuclear war being between Cuba and the US as stated by Obama ... I recall there was a real fear of sprouting mushrooms due to war between the Soviet Union and the US.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down