What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Skeptical on Fri May 06, 2016 3:43 pm


Jeb Bush is the latest to renege on the pledge to support the Republican nominee.

And these people cannot understand why the voters are angry at the establishment and supporting Trump !!
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2565
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Fri May 06, 2016 5:24 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Jeb Bush is the latest to renege on the pledge to support the Republican nominee.

And these people cannot understand why the voters are angry at the establishment and supporting Trump !!

Trump himself abandoned the pledge over a month ago in Wisconsin. He has also repeatedly said that he didn't want the endorsement of Bush (or for that matter Cruz or Rubio) and he can win without their support. When one side of a pledge first refuses to honor it then why should the other side be expected to?
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Fri May 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Jeb Bush is the latest to renege on the pledge to support the Republican nominee.

And these people cannot understand why the voters are angry at the establishment and supporting Trump !!
Oooohhh,,, I think we have a closet Trump supporter here.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Jammer on Fri May 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Jeb Bush is the latest to renege on the pledge to support the Republican nominee.

And these people cannot understand why the voters are angry at the establishment and supporting Trump !!

Trump himself abandoned the pledge over a month ago in Wisconsin. He has also repeatedly said that he didn't want the endorsement of Bush (or for that matter Cruz or Rubio) and he can win without their support. When one side of a pledge first refuses to honor it then why should the other side be expected to?  

PRINCIPLES – While nobody would realistically hold the other party to the agreement, it is also a matter of principles.  Of course they could always use the disclaimer that they were just honoring Trump's wished that they did not endorse him.  Most reasonable people understand that Trump is not only clueless on what principles are, but he has NONE.  So, his failure to follow thru should not come to the surprise of anyone.  

There are a lot of smart people in the world, but there are just very few who actually do what they say they are going to do.  I personally use that as a huge measurement that I base my opinions on.

I suspect that there might be others that follow Bush and in some ways I don’t blame them.  The juvenile behavior of Trump in the primary campaign was pathetic.  So while there is the old Midwestern value of: “I say what I mean and I mean what I say”,  I guess Cruz had the New York values pretty well defined.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Skeptical on Fri May 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Jeb Bush is the latest to renege on the pledge to support the Republican nominee.

And these people cannot understand why the voters are angry at the establishment and supporting Trump !!
Oooohhh,,, I think we have a closet Trump supporter here.

You went the wrong way ol Louie!!

Comment was made in the spirit and intent that at one time a verbal agreement was binding.

Over time the same verbal agreement required a handshake to be valid.

Then a written(typed) contract was needed to make the verbal agreement and handshake enforceable.

So now a legally signed document is rendered null and void because someone said the endorsement of certain people was not wanted/needed.

What's next, a witness placing his/her hand on a bible/Koran and swearing to tell the truth and only the truth could be rendered just as worthless if he/she had fingers crossed on the other hand??
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2565
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun May 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Looks like Palin is planning on using a little of her black magic...

Palin: Ryan's 'political career is over'
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/index.html
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun May 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Looks like Palin is planning on using a little of her black magic...

Palin: Ryan's 'political career is over'
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/index.html

Palin's relevance is over...the people that used to care what she thought no longer cares what she thinks.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3252
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun May 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Another thing, when are Republicans going to quit pending they are still the party of Lincoln?  It's getting old. 


http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gop-nominee/
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun May 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Looks like Palin is planning on using a little of her black magic...

Palin: Ryan's 'political career is over'
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/sarah-palin-paul-ryan-paul-nehlen-endorsement/index.html

Palin's relevance is over...the people that used to care what she thought no longer cares what she thinks.
That's interesting, what would you say has changed about her since way back when she was an up and coming conservative icon?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun May 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Another thing, when are Republicans going to quit pending they are still the party of Lincoln?  It's getting old. 


http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gop-nominee/

Probably about the same time the Dems quit pretending they're the party of Jefferson.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Sun May 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Another thing, when are Republicans going to quit pending they are still the party of Lincoln?  It's getting old. 


http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gop-nominee/

Probably about the same time the Dems quit pretending they're the party of Jefferson.
Yes,  because Enlightenment is right up a Conservative's alley... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Jammer on Mon May 09, 2016 7:53 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Another thing, when are Republicans going to quit pending they are still the party of Lincoln?  It's getting old. 


http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gop-nominee/

Probably about the same time the Dems quit pretending they're the party of Jefferson.

The democrats are not the party of Thomas Jefferson; never have been – never will.  Thomas Jefferson has absolutely ZERO connection with the democrat party.  Also if you analyze what Thomas Jefferson believed in and stood for, it is for the most part 180 degrees counter to what the dumbasses in the democrat party believe.

Thomas Jefferson believed in and stood for:

Natural Law
Constitutionally limited federal government
The federal government should have nothing to do with providing welfare
States Rights
Religion should be taught in our schools
Individual liberty
Our unalienable rights come from our Creator, not the government
Equal rights NOT equal things


Today’s democrats believe in none of that.  If you want to identify who the democrat party is the spawn of, you need to look no further than their founding leader Andrew Jackson.  He has a DIRECT connection to the creation of the party, was its first leader and believed in and stood for many of the values and principles that today’s democrats espouse.

Conservatives need to stop the lying deceitful ways of progressive liberals and that should be to call them out on their deceptions and calling themselves the party of Thomas Jefferson is at the top of the list.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 10:22 am

Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Another thing, when are Republicans going to quit pending they are still the party of Lincoln?  It's getting old. 


http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gop-nominee/

Probably about the same time the Dems quit pretending they're the party of Jefferson.

The democrats are not the party of Thomas Jefferson; never have been – never will.  Thomas Jefferson has absolutely ZERO connection with the democrat party.  Also if you analyze what Thomas Jefferson believed in and stood for, it is for the most part 180 degrees counter to what the dumbasses in the democrat party believe.

Thomas Jefferson believed in and stood for:

Natural Law
True.  Natural Law not God's Natural Law
Constitutionally limited federal government
False.  He wanted a functional government, by the people.
The federal government should have nothing to do with providing welfare
False.  He believed in equal opportunities for everyone and warned about the dangers of too few having too much.  He also said that those who couldn't provide for themselves would need help.
States Rights
True. As long as they did not supercede Federal laws.  Seems pretty obvious.
Religion should be taught in our schools
False. 
Individual liberty
Who doesn't believe in this? 
Our unalienable rights come from our Creator, not the government
False.  They come from neither, see Natural Law. 
Equal rights NOT equal things
False.  He believed in equal opportunities for everyone.  Not the type of oligarchy supported by Conservatives today. 

Today’s democrats believe in none of that.  If you want to identify who the democrat party is the spawn of, you need to look no further than their founding leader Andrew Jackson.  He has a DIRECT connection to the creation of the party, was its first leader and believed in and stood for many of the values and principles that today’s democrats espouse.

Conservatives need to stop the lying deceitful ways of progressive liberals and that should be to call them out on their deceptions and calling themselves the party of Thomas Jefferson is at the top of the list.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Jammer on Mon May 09, 2016 10:44 am


COMPLETE BULLSHIT
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 10:51 am

Jammer wrote:

COMPLETE BULLSHIT
Whatever dude, you talk like you're big shiit in other threads, but when it comes to something worthwhile, you got nothin, as usual.  Run along troll.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

A wonderful article on Jefferson’s religious leanings:

https://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/jeffersons-religious-beliefs
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon May 09, 2016 11:09 am

States Rights
True. As long as they did not supercede Federal laws. Seems pretty obvious.

But if your premise is true and so obvious then how do you account for the Doctrine of Nullification as represented by Jefferson's Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798/1799? Hmmmmm?
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
States Rights
True. As long as they did not supercede Federal laws.  Seems pretty obvious.

But if your premise is true and so obvious then how do you account for the Doctrine of Nullification as represented by Jefferson's Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798/1799? Hmmmmm?
Again it seems fairly obvious that a state or states could make a resolution challenging the constitutionality of federal laws.  Nothing surprising here. 

Funny you should bring this up though,  because it stems from a federal law put in place to restrain immigration.  Hamilton and the Federalists wanted to limit immigration because......wait for it.......national security.  However the real reason is that they thought immigrants would give Jefferson and the Republicans an advantage in elections.  Sound familiar?  Hmmmmmm?
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Mon May 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
States Rights
True. As long as they did not supercede Federal laws.  Seems pretty obvious.

But if your premise is true and so obvious then how do you account for the Doctrine of Nullification as represented by Jefferson's Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798/1799? Hmmmmm?
Again it seems fairly obvious that a state or states could make a resolution challenging the constitutionality of federal laws.  Nothing surprising here. 

Funny you should bring this up though,  because it stems from a federal law put in place to restrain immigration.  Hamilton and the Federalists wanted to limit immigration because......wait for it.......national security.  However the real reason is that they thought immigrants would give Jefferson and the Republicans an advantage in elections.  Sound familiar?  Hmmmmmm?

Jeebus. You must slept through your history classes or are relying on the History Channel "Ice Road Truckers" for your historical information. Maybe even both.

The Alien part of The Alien and Sedition Acts which authorized the deportation of resident aliens who had "treasonable" leanings was really aimed at Albert Gallatin, one of the leaders of the Democrat-Republican party, who had been born in Geneva and naturalized in Virginia. No deportation orders were ever signed by John Adams.

However Jefferson (as well as James Madison) was mostly concerned with the seditious libel portion of the law. Jefferson objected to the perceived unconstitutionality of the law because it violated the First Amendment as well as the Tenth Amendment. Jefferson felt that the Federal government had no authority to pass legislation pertaining to the freedom of speech or press and in doing so the federal government violated state prerogative. The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions were Jefferson's argument in favor of the states being able to interpret the Constitution and the constitutionality of federal laws.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
States Rights
True. As long as they did not supercede Federal laws.  Seems pretty obvious.

But if your premise is true and so obvious then how do you account for the Doctrine of Nullification as represented by Jefferson's Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions of 1798/1799? Hmmmmm?
Again it seems fairly obvious that a state or states could make a resolution challenging the constitutionality of federal laws.  Nothing surprising here. 

Funny you should bring this up though,  because it stems from a federal law put in place to restrain immigration.  Hamilton and the Federalists wanted to limit immigration because......wait for it.......national security.  However the real reason is that they thought immigrants would give Jefferson and the Republicans an advantage in elections.  Sound familiar?  Hmmmmmm?

Jeebus. You must slept through your history classes or are relying on the History Channel "Ice Road Truckers" for your historical information. Maybe even both.

The Alien part of The Alien and Sedition Acts which authorized the deportation of resident aliens who had "treasonable" leanings was really aimed at Albert Gallatin, one of the leaders of the Democrat-Republican party, who had been born in Geneva and naturalized in Virginia. No deportation orders were ever signed by John Adams.

Deportation was far from the main purpose of this legislation.  The main purpose was voter supression.  Federalists didn't need those pesky immigrants joining sides with Jefferson Republicans.

However Jefferson (as well as James Madison) was mostly concerned with the seditious libel portion of the law. Jefferson objected to the perceived unconstitutionality of the law because it violated the First Amendment as well as the Tenth Amendment. Jefferson felt that the Federal government had no authority to pass legislation pertaining to the freedom of speech or press and in doing so the federal government violated state prerogative. The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions were Jefferson's argument in favor of the states being able to interpret the Constitution and the constitutionality of federal laws.

Again the Federalists didn't need the liberal media Jefferson Republicans shining a light on the inconvenient truth about what the Federalists were up to.  So the Federalists used their vast resources (crony capitalism)to sway the government to their favor so that these outright violations of the First Amendment could be passed, and the truth could no longer be told. 
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Jammer on Mon May 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:

COMPLETE BULLSHIT
Whatever dude, you talk like you're big shiit in other threads, but when it comes to something worthwhile, you got nothin, as usual.  Run along troll.


Unlike the Google, Copy and Paste moron that you are, I actually understand this stuff.  And I have way more than enough knowledge on this subject to completely debunk your progressive liberal myths.  While there may be some people on here willing to waste their time communicating with a closed minded communist who has never ever accepted FACTS when confronted with them, I am not one of them.  So go back to screwing you sheep you evil cretin.  I will not lower myself to having an exchange with you stupid piece of dogshit.

If there are any reasonable people who have a question on this issue, I will be more than happy to respond.  But I refuse to engage in a dialog with a mental midget like Jackoff Jones.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2117
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Skeptical on Mon May 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:    The main purpose was voter supression.  Federalists didn't need those pesky immigrants joining sides with Jefferson Republicans.

Source that proves this claim is needed.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2565
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:    The main purpose was voter supression.  Federalists didn't need those pesky immigrants joining sides with Jefferson Republicans.

Source that proves this claim is needed.
http://www.history.com/topics/alien-and-sedition-acts


Last edited by Dr. Jones on Mon May 09, 2016 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Dr. Evil on Mon May 09, 2016 3:43 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:

COMPLETE BULLSHIT
Whatever dude, you talk like you're big shiit in other threads, but when it comes to something worthwhile, you got nothin, as usual.  Run along troll.


Unlike the Google, Copy and Paste moron that you are, I actually understand this stuff.  And I have way more than enough knowledge on this subject to completely debunk your progressive liberal myths.  While there may be some people on here willing to waste their time communicating with a closed minded communist who has never ever accepted FACTS when confronted with them, I am not one of them.  So go back to screwing you sheep you evil cretin.  I will not lower myself to having an exchange with you stupid piece of dogshit.

If there are any reasonable people who have a question on this issue, I will be more than happy to respond.  But I refuse to engage in a dialog with a mental midget like Jackoff Jones.
How predictably spineless....congratulations.
avatar
Dr. Evil

Posts : 3477
Join date : 2014-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Skeptical on Mon May 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:    The main purpose was voter supression.  Federalists didn't need those pesky immigrants joining sides with Jefferson Republicans.

Source that proves this claim is needed.
[size=32]http://www.history.com/topics/alien-and-sedition-acts[/size]

NICE source, all that came up was this ...
Page Not Found

Just provide the link that proves the main purpose of the Alien Sedition acts was voter suppression
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2565
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a bunch of hypocrites the members of the GOP elite/establishment are

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum