Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real 4th of July

+3
Skeptical
Darth Cheney
Gomezz Adddams
7 posters

Go down

The Real 4th of July Empty The Real 4th of July

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Lost to history is the fact that 240 years ago today on July 2, 1776, Independence was declared by the Second Continental Congress prompting John Adams to write to his wife Abigail,

"I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

Have a great 4th of July!

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/congress-votes-for-independence
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

The Real 4th of July Empty Re: The Real 4th of July

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:07 am

The phrase "God almighty" can't be correct as the nation's founders were committed to the separation of church and state. Rolling Eyes
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:17 am

Darth Cheney wrote:The phrase "God almighty" can't be correct as the nation's founders were committed to the separation of church and state. Rolling Eyes

If only Adams had used a lower case "g". However it appears Adams had taken advantage of a 4th of July sale on upper case letters. Suspect
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Speaking of the 4th of July and independence ...

This is one of the best renditions of The Star Spangled Banner I  have heard in a very long time (and I have heard a lot).

Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Speaking of the 4th of July and independence ...

This is one of the best renditions of The Star Spangled Banner I  have heard in a very long time (and I have heard a lot).

That sent chills down my spine...what a talented lady and wonderful rendition of Star Spangled Banner, absolutely breathtaking.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:58 am

I'm surprised you guys are geting behind that solo the way that you are, but yes it's astonishing. I remember the acoustics of the Lincoln Memorial very well and she used them perfectly. One of the most beautiful falsettos I've heard.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:39 am

Jim Cornelison - 2011 Bears vs Packers
Greatest rendition ever! Guaranteed to give you goosebumps

Anyways, happy holiday everyone!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:08 am

I'v always liked the more traditional rendition of the anthem. Falsettos and warble noting may play well on stage at a concert but the "artist" injecting their own "style" cheapens it. Many venues have started using military and HS bands to do it with great results, as do a couple of youth choirs I've seen.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:51 am

Madison Rising does a rocking rendition. Ex Iraqi vets

https://youtu.be/c8C7i9kdEf8
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:05 am

Someone should post the anthem of Mo Cheeks helping that girl. My Obamaphone doesn't allow links.

That one made me sniffle.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Clicker wrote:I'v always liked the more traditional rendition of the anthem.  Falsettos and warble noting may play well on stage at a concert but the "artist" injecting their own "style" cheapens it.   Many venues have started using military and HS bands to do it with great results, as do a couple of youth choirs I've seen.

I think it's actually a vibrato to are referring to there.  A falsetto is when a tenor voice dials in a higher octave.  This is a beautiful woman,  with a beautiful voice,  but if you closed your eyes and listened it would be tough to tell if it's a man or a woman singing.  I'd say she's a pair of flipped chromosomes from not knowing where she's allowed to piss, if she's not already there, and I know how forgiving you guys are of that particular gray area.

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Clicker wrote:I'v always liked the more traditional rendition of the anthem.  Falsettos and warble noting may play well on stage at a concert but the "artist" injecting their own "style" cheapens it.   Many venues have started using military and HS bands to do it with great results, as do a couple of youth choirs I've seen.

I think it's actually a vibrato to are referring to there.  A falsetto is when a tenor voice dials in a higher octave.  This is a beautiful woman,  with a beautiful voice,  but if you closed your eyes and listened it would tough to tell if it's a man or a woman singing.  I'd say she's a pair of flipped chromosomes from not knowing where to piss, if she's not already there, and I know how forgiving you guys are of that particular gray area.

Maybe she is experiencing a gender change you bigoted a-hole or at least self identifying as an alternate sex than she was born with.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

I think it's actually a vibrato to are referring to there.  A falsetto is when a tenor voice dials in a higher octave.  This is a beautiful woman,  with a beautiful voice,  but if you closed your eyes and listened it would tough to tell if it's a man or a woman singing.  I'd say she's a pair of flipped chromosomes from not knowing where to piss, if she's not already there, and I know how forgiving you guys are of that particular gray area.

Maybe she is experiencing a gender change you bigoted a-hole or at least self identifying as an alternate sex than she was born with.

Bigoted? Why bigoted?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:56 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

I think it's actually a vibrato to are referring to there.  A falsetto is when a tenor voice dials in a higher octave.  This is a beautiful woman,  with a beautiful voice,  but if you closed your eyes and listened it would be tough to tell if it's a man or a woman singing.  I'd say she's a pair of flipped chromosomes from not knowing where she's allowed to piss, if she's not already there, and I know how forgiving you guys are of that particular gray area.

If a vibrato is a high pitched screech intended to emphasize a note, or simply to show off your pipes, i guess you're right. I wasn't referring to her performance particularly, I was addressing performers in general who try to make the anthem "their own" by stylizing it. As for falsettos I was referring to guys who don't have the range and go falsie to cover or switch keys. The anthem is difficult in that it covers a greater range than most music. If you don't have the range don't pretend you can sing it.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Just Braying It wrote:Jim Cornelison - 2011 Bears vs Packers
Greatest rendition ever! Guaranteed to give you goosebumps

Anyways, happy holiday everyone!

Oh Just Braying It I experienced piloerection from that rendition.

And yet, the Bears still lost.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down