Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallop Poll: 4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT

+2
Freedom Forever
Shortie's Ex
6 posters

Go down

Gallop Poll:  4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT Empty Gallop Poll: 4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm

http://thedisplacedplainsman.blogspot.com/

http://madvilletimes.com/2013/02/gallup-south-dakota-4-4-lgbt-7th-highest-percentage-in-nation/

I'm surprised that the number of people who id as gay, bisexual, lesbian or transexual on a nation-wide basis was 3.5 % in this poll. Far less than the oft-quoted "10 %". Far less than I have come to know are "out there".

SD reflects as an enlightened and progressive society. Smile Although this probably doesn't fit the stereotype of the state inhabitants, I'm not really surprised.

Some of the SD respondents might be RV residents (some of the old men who are "residents of SD", but travel around the country in RV's).
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Gallop Poll:  4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT Empty Re: Gallop Poll: 4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT

Post  Freedom Forever Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:20 pm

EEEEEUUUUUWWWW that's FABULOUS! :flower: Not buying it, why would gays want to live here.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Gallop Poll:  4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT Empty Re: Gallop Poll: 4.4 % of South Dakotans ID themselves as GLBT

Post  BladeRunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Is that all?

They sure make more noise than that.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 am

Trying to care.....

Nope, got nothing.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 am

Freedom Forever wrote:EEEEEUUUUUWWWW that's FABULOUS! :flower: Not buying it, why would gays want to live here.
"Born here" might rank right up there.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Hansolo Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 am

When I was younger and worked in lots of restaurants, I was surprised at the number of gay dudes I worked with. I think there are lots in Sioux Falls, at least.
Hansolo
Hansolo

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am

Shortie's Lover wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:EEEEEUUUUUWWWW that's FABULOUS! :flower: Not buying it, why would gays want to live here.

Just as long as there are not enough to organize a parade. :geek: :joker: :queen: sunny :farao:
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

Freedom Forever wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

Just as long as there are not enough to organize a parade. :geek: :joker: :queen: sunny :farao:
Pride Parade ? No, but there is an official SD Pride refrigerator magnet:

http://www.zazzle.com/south_dakota_gay_pride_magnet-147570368827965687

Some web places like to offer tchotchkes to those who frequent their forum - tee shirts, water bottles, coffee mugs and such. Perhaps there could be a "Just Saying It - Pride" refrigerator magnet?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:50 am

Shortie's Lover wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

Some web places like to offer tchotchkes to those who frequent their forum - tee shirts, water bottles, coffee mugs and such. Perhaps there could be a "Just Saying It - Pride" refrigerator magnet?

We need something breakable...maybe coffee cups sent via USPS?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:53 am

Freedom Forever wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

No parade, yet. Nearly 37,000 would make for a nice parade!

I think some folks are working with the Mayor of Sioux Falls to organize some sort of event.

Those with Pride west river are contemplating Pride Week. Won't have the impact of Biker Week (some of the same vendors, though). And, you've got to start somewhere.

Still trying to find the correct week for scheduling (between Days of 76; the Corvette week & Biker Week, there are already lots of events in the Black Hills during the summer). Looking toward Spearfish as the location.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie's Lover wrote:

We need something breakable...maybe coffee cups sent via USPS?
Yah ,no. These particular magnets are printed on recycled paper stock.

We could have a ceramic magnet, I suppose.

Is there a Just Saying It webstore where this sort of item could be offered ?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:00 am

I think some folks are working with the Mayor of Sioux Falls to organize some sort of event.

Those with Pride west river are contemplating Pride Week. Won't have the impact of Biker Week (some of the same vendors, though). And, you've got to start somewhere.

Still trying to find the correct week for scheduling (between Days of 76; the Corvette week & Biker Week, there are already lots of events in the Black Hills during the summer). Looking toward Spearfish as the location.

They should have their parade during the rally. I would head west for that. 👽
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:

They should have their parade during the rally. I would head west for that. 👽
Lets see, have their clothing banned parade in Spearish in the 3rd week of Feb, yeah, that's the ticket!!!
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down