Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform

+2
Twinkies
BladeRunner
6 posters

Go down

Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform Empty Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform

Post  BladeRunner Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:59 pm

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform Empty Re: Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform

Post  Twinkies Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 pm

What a F***tard
Twinkies
Twinkies

Back to top Go down

Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform Empty Re: Obama Uses George W. Bush Library Dedication to…Stump for Immigration Reform

Post  Freedom Forever Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:11 pm

On JSI we do not say illegal aliens, we say undocumented democrats.

Sad
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 pm

"“If we do it will be in large part thanks to the hard work of President George W. Bush,” Obama said."
Immigration reform is a shared goal. Always has been. That was fair territory. Bush made some dents. Classy to avoid mentioning Reagan's screw up on that deal.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:11 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:"“If we do it will be in large part thanks to the hard work of President George W. Bush,” Obama said."
Immigration reform is a shared goal. Always has been. That was fair territory. Bush made some dents. Classy to avoid mentioning Reagan's screw up on that deal.

Are you going to give one of the posters on The Blaze credit for the remaining part of your post?

At least you didn't use all of it.

Here's the rest of the comment in the comment section:
I thought he did a fine job in his speech. Immigration reform is a
shared goal. That was fair territory. All he did was evoke common
ground, not outline his agenda or do the usual finger-pointing. I have
complimented BO twice in as many days. That brings the sum total of my
BO compliments to two.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:"“If we do it will be in large part thanks to the hard work of President George W. Bush,” Obama said."

Are you going to give one of the posters on The Blaze credit for the remaining part of your post?

At least you didn't use all of it.

Here's the rest of the comment in the comment section:
I thought he did a fine job in his speech. Immigration reform is a
shared goal. That was fair territory. All he did was evoke common
ground, not outline his agenda or do the usual finger-pointing. I have
complimented BO twice in as many days. That brings the sum total of my
BO compliments to two.

Sure, if it's a big deal to ya. Credit from this anonymous poster goes to that anonymous poster for saying what lots of anonymous people agree with.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Twinkies wrote:What a F***tard

Why do you refer to your hero (Obama) in such terms?

(If he only knew he would stop your flow of Obama dollars)
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 am

I have mixed feelings about immigration reform. #1, I don't think this is going to increase the number of latinos that vote for republicans. It didn't work for Reagan and it won't work now. #2, if it's like rubio says, than I don't really have a problem with it. He said secure the border first (i'm good with that), he said make illegals pay a fine (i'm good with that), he says make them go back to the end of the line (i'm good with that).

Not really sure what the problem is with this deal. It doesn't sound like amnesty (i'm not ok with amnesty). The system we have now is broken, especially since it relys on whoever is in charge to enforce the immigration laws, and sometimes that is democrats. I think it can be reformed and should be reformed, so that we can stop the people coming here illegally, and so we know who the hell is in our country, then we can work on accepting immigrants from other countries that will help to make this country better. IE: the skilled and educated.

One of the big problems is the lack of accountability with student visas. Somebody shouldn't be here on a student visa to go to school in Utah, and be found 6 months later living in New York.

Rubio said, and i'm paraphrasing, that nobody has a "right" to immigrate to the US. And that we are obligated to be picky about who we let in this country. That means maybe not accepting student visas and immigrants from Muslim countries fior awhile. I think that is a very good idea, and very sensible.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm

pse1124 wrote:I have mixed feelings about immigration reform. #1, I don't think this is going to increase the number of latinos that vote for republicans. It didn't work for Reagan and it won't work now. #2, if it's like rubio says, than I don't really have a problem with it. He said secure the border first (i'm good with that), he said make illegals pay a fine (i'm good with that), he says make them go back to the end of the line (i'm good with that).

Not really sure what the problem is with this deal. It doesn't sound like amnesty (i'm not ok with amnesty). The system we have now is broken, especially since it relys on whoever is in charge to enforce the immigration laws, and sometimes that is democrats. I think it can be reformed and should be reformed, so that we can stop the people coming here illegally, and so we know who the hell is in our country, then we can work on accepting immigrants from other countries that will help to make this country better. IE: the skilled and educated.

One of the big problems is the lack of accountability with student visas. Somebody shouldn't be here on a student visa to go to school in Utah, and be found 6 months later living in New York.

Rubio said, and i'm paraphrasing, that nobody has a "right" to immigrate to the US. And that we are obligated to be picky about who we let in this country. That means maybe not accepting student visas and immigrants from Muslim countries fior awhile. I think that is a very good idea, and very sensible.

Good post.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down