Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More details on tax reform

4 posters

Go down

More details on tax reform Empty More details on tax reform

Post  Clicker Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Seeing an increase on the NFL is good but doesn't go far enough. Another thing untouched is the political fundraising groups. They should be taxed just like any other business. A welcome thing is the removal of the prohibition on churches to give political advice from the pulpit without penalty. A few things eem to have been skipped. I'd like to see a prohibition on unions from funding candidates and partys without a direct vote of their members and the number of members not wanting to support a particular party or candidate should reduce the amount accordingly. They should also treat donations like an individual donation limited to the legal limits in place per consenting member.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/2/gop-bill-slashes-tax-break-nfl-pro-sports-stadiums/
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

More details on tax reform Empty Re: More details on tax reform

Post  Jammer Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Clicker wrote:Seeing an increase on the NFL is good but doesn't go far enough.  Another thing untouched is the political fundraising groups.  They should be taxed just like any other business.  A welcome thing is the removal of the prohibition on churches to give political advice from the pulpit without penalty.  A few things eem to have been skipped. I'd like to see a prohibition on unions from funding candidates and partys without a direct vote of their members and the number of members not wanting to support a particular party or candidate should reduce the amount accordingly.  They should also treat donations like an individual donation limited to the legal limits in place per consenting member.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/2/gop-bill-slashes-tax-break-nfl-pro-sports-stadiums/

I agree with you.  I will accept any ground we can gain, but I must admit I am disappointed at this point.  The Republicans are cowards and afraid to stand up and fight.  We just have to elect stronger conservatives every election and get rid of these weak-kneed wimpy Republicans.

They caved on way too many areas already and surely they will continue to give ground.  There are stories of a BAT-lite tax being part of the package.  That would be the most disappointing.

Of course there are some personal wishes that would never have a chance, but none the less I like to dream about them.  I am very irritated by many of these non-profit organizations.   I think there should be a minimum hurdle to reach in order to maintain their tax exempt status.  If the organization doesn't spend over that hurdle rate on their mission, then they pay tax.  That rule would have probably made the Clinton Foundation pay taxes.

Then there are all of these non-profit hospitals.  It seems to me they should be working to reduce the cost of healthcare not building monuments to themselves.  When they start building sports complexes and advertising in huge amounts to merely pump up their images and egos, they SHOULD PAY TAXES.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm

CLINTON MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME

http://yournewswire.com/clinton-foundation-admit-85-of-donations-do-not-go-to-charity/

Do expect Jackoff Jones to go to his George Soros funded website for something to defend the Clinton Foundation.  However, it is all the typical liberal SPIN and deceit that always comes from liberals.  They have built numerous FAKE NEWS generators they call Fact Checking sites.  But as usual, it is all LIBERAL LIES.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:25 pm

This tax bill is a travesty in my mind and once again uses class warfare to push the legislation. I would much rather see a flat tax...same percetage if you make $200/yr or $200 Million, no deductions and all based on your gross earnings. Then ever body has skin in the game and only then would we actually be able to seriously talk about curbing feral government spending. I could also willingly accept a straight feral sales tax that is paid by everyone at the point of sale, then savings would be not taxed and we would encourage people saving for their own retirement. Nothing to file and tax collection would be easy.

This country is broken, our government is a complete sham, and we are largely living in a tyrannical big state government controlled by a select few who enrich their lives at the expense of the country. It's Kabuki theater and the working class are surfs who are allowed to keep a few scraps while a majority lays on their ass and has their needs provided to them in trade for votes. Yersterday's Bergdahl ruling and this half ass attempt at legislation leaves me with zero hope for this nation. I'm afraid the tree of liberty needs watering.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:This tax bill is a travesty in my mind and once again uses class warfare to push the legislation. I would much rather see a flat tax...same percetage if you make $200/yr or $200 Million, no deductions and all based on your gross earnings. Then ever body has skin in the game and only then would we actually be able to seriously talk about curbing feral government spending. I could also willingly accept a straight feral sales tax that is paid by everyone at the point of sale, then savings would be not taxed and we would encourage people saving for their own retirement. Nothing to file and tax collection would be easy.

This country is broken, our government is a complete sham, and we are largely living in a tyrannical big state government controlled by a select few who enrich their lives at the expense of the country. It's Kabuki theater and the working class are surfs who are allowed to keep a few scraps while a majority lays on their ass and has their needs provided to them in trade for votes. Yersterday's Bergdahl ruling and this half ass attempt at legislation leaves me with zero hope for this nation. I'm afraid the tree of liberty needs watering.

I go back and forth between the flat tax and the fair tax.  I certainly believe that taxing consumption rather than production is the correct way to go.  I know that our Founders were steadfastly opposed to taxing income.  And there is commonsense along with the old saying "want less of something - tax it more" that helps me to fall in the fair tax camp.

However, one thing scares me about the fair tax proposal that gets the most press is the "prebates".  I just see that as the weak link in the system and open to all kinds of fraud and abuse.  I much prefer to exempt necessities as the path to protecting the lower income people from excessive and abusive taxation.  But every time I bring that up at a fair tax discussion, the fair tax people are adamantly against it.

But regardless of how much we would prefer either, there is ZERO chance of that happening in the next year.  However, I believe the better the reform package we can get moves us closer to the day when a flat or fair tax will be possible.  The further we have to move from the current system to a flat or fair tax, the more difficult it will be.  Sort of like football in my opinion.  It is easier to score from the 10 yard line than it is from the 50 yard line.  Therefore, anything that gets us closer gives me hope.  
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down