Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhoden announces

+5
BladeRunner
Jammer
Darth Cheney
sodaknomad
RedWhiteBlue
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rhoden announces - Page 2 Empty Re: Rhoden announces

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am

Darth Cheney wrote:We haven't had a debt reducing, government decreasing governor since Janlow.  He may have had his faults but he actually served the people of this state.  Rounds, Dugaard (sp?) have failed to impress me in any way.

Wow. I completely agree on that one, Darth.
I see that Daugaard has recently publicly knocked Rounds' spending and practices.
That could hurt in Rounds' bid for congress.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Can you list the areas which you object to where the government took more control and where the spending increased.

That's funny.
Can you list the (passed) ones where they didn't?
(I'm not sure there were any)[/quote]

I accept your white flag of surrender or just accept the fact that you aren't willing to post any bills that you object to.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:02 pm

nightlight88 wrote:

Can you list the areas which you object to where the government took more control and where the spending increased.

That's funny.
(I'm not sure there were any)

I accept your white flag of surrender or just accept the fact that you aren't willing to post any bills that you object to.[/quote]

OK - and I'll accept the fact that you approve of all of them.

BTW - I didn't say anything about "objecting". I did say something about increased spending and increased gov't control - - - by the Republicans in our statehouse.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:30 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Rounds is much to liberal for me.  I also didn't appreciate him hiring all of his relatives and son in laws for important positions. I'll vote for anybody but...

He is not unlike the current governor who did the same thing. Don't they all?

They do but what is different is I refuse to support them unless they are about shrinking government and reducing regulations. I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils and if I am going to get a "bigger government, we will decide how you live your life" then I will vote for the liberal or not vote at all. For too long conservatives have had to settle for the lesser of two evils and our country has suffered.  Bring on the total collapse and Armageddon because that is the only thing that is going to change direction. Give me liberty or give me death...

"I refuse to support them unless they are about shrinking government and reducing regulations." Good Luck with that - in SD.
The last couple of Governors certainly did the opposite. Helped by the state legislature. More/bigger government and legislative control seems to have grown dramatically through recent administrations. I thought Daugaard's initial budget cuts were a good start, but he quickly (less than a year) totally reversed them and then increased spending.

Nobody would blame you for voting for a liberal candidate now. I do think there are some democrats (and some republicans) in the state legislature, who are trying to be more fiscally conservative. A big problem is that the republicans are pressured to follow along with the Governor's plans.

You're dreaming or delusional...there does not exist and democrat for reduced spending or governmental control. The democrat party has become the party of communists and totalitarians.

Take a look at the bill votes in the 2013 legislative session. It was overwhelmingly republican votes for the increased control, as well as the increased spending.
http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2013/BillList.aspx  

That's funny.
(I'm not sure there were any)

You know, Gomezz had it correct when he commented;
I'm not going to spend a beautiful summer's day sifting through what is essentially nothing more than a list of bills, some that passed, some that didn't make it out of committee, some that got pushed to the 41st day,.. and on and on. Being a good boy and pick out some of the more egregious bills that have gotten your thong wrapped around your pecker so tight.

And I also requested you cite those you thought increased spending and/or government control since I am not going to waste time trying to be a mindreader.

So how about .... which ones put a burr under your saddle for the reason you specified.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:40 pm

None in particular "put any burr in any saddle". I never said that. I did say that the republicans in our statehouse voted for increased spending and increased gov't control.

Although, we are getting off topic, here's a few items from the final days of the most recent legislative session:

The budget includes the governor's plan to give school districts a 2.3 percent ongoing increase in state aid to account for inflation. A separate spending bill gave schools another $4 million in one-time state aid and set aside $8.4 million for training teachers to use a new curriculum. The Legislature on its own also approved a special spending measure that gave schools an additional $8.7 million one-time bonus.

Dilges also said the governor's budget plan and other measures will give an extra $20.8 million to nursing homes and other facilities.

The budget also includes Daugaard's plan to give state employees, who have gone three years without a raise, a 3 percent across-the-board salary increase next year. At the governor's urging, the Legislature also passed a separate bill giving state employees a one-time bonus this year equal to 5 percent of their annual salaries

The Appropriations Committee later added $500,000 to the technical schools' budgets without saying how the money would be spent.

The panel also agreed to spend more than $400,000 to establish two new drunken driving courts and expand drug court programs.

Another $450,000 was added to the budget to permit the Agricultural Experiment Station at South Dakota State University to conduct research for making fuel from sunflowers, other oil seeds and some specialty crops.

Bills approved this year also include an increase in local property taxes.

-----------
I suppose you especially like the almost half-million to study making fuel out of sunflowers. That's a real right-wing conservative use of taxpayer dollars, alright. (sarc)

Now: Your turn: Can you list some where they (republicans) voted to reduce spending during the last session?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:49 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:None in particular "put any burr in any saddle". I never said that. I did say that the republicans in our statehouse voted for increased spending and increased gov't control.

Although, we are getting off topic, here's a few items from the final days of the most recent legislative session:
I have never been off topic I started out wanting to know which particular House Bills you had in mind when you made this comment a few posts ago;
 Please notice the bills which increase spending & gov't control

You still haven't listed them by House Bill number so that leaves me only one conclusion about your integrity.

Now ... this is off topic but it also goes to your integrity ... when are you going to provide the scientific proof nature actually prefers homosexual relationships to continue the human species, as you maintained on another thread, even though it is established it is biologically impossible for same sex relationships to procreate.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:52 pm

by Skeptical:
I have never been off topic I started out wanting to know which particular House Bills you had in mind when you made this comment a few posts ago;

"Please notice the bills which increase spending & gov't control

. . . . . . .
IMO, the content of those bills is far more meaningful to the average reader here, than the # of the bill. That's why I posted the basic content of a few of the final bills passed during the last days of the 2013 session. Those are some examples of bills which were passed by republicans & did increase spending.

Sorry if the numbers of the bills are more meaningful to you, Skept. Do you have them memorized? For those who do not, the content is listed in my prior post - - - or you can use the link which I provided earlier to match them up.
BTW Skept - they were not all "House" bills as you alluded, some were "Senate" bills. But, I'm sure you know that.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:by Skeptical:

"Please notice the bills which increase spending & gov't control

. . . . . . .
IMO, the content of those bills is far more meaningful to the average reader here, than the # of the bill. That's why I posted the basic content of a few of the final bills passed during the last days of the 2013 session. Those are some examples of bills which were passed by republicans & did increase spending.

Sorry if the numbers of the bills are more meaningful to you, Skept. Do you have them memorized? For those who do not, the content is listed in my prior post - - - or you can use the link which I provided earlier to match them up.
BTW Skept - they were not all "House" bills as you alluded, some were "Senate" bills. But, I'm sure you know that.

Isn't that story in today's Argus Leader a terrible story.  What are your thoughts?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm

------------------------
------------
-------- (examples of late session bills which increased spending - see prior post)

I suppose you especially like the almost half-million to study making fuel out of sunflowers. That's a real right-wing conservative use of taxpayer dollars, alright. (sarc)

Skept - did you miss this?: Now: Your turn: Can you list some where they (republicans) voted to reduce spending during the last session?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:35 pm

WTFC
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:I suppose you especially like the almost half-million to study making fuel out of sunflowers. That's a real right-wing conservative use of taxpayer dollars, alright. (sarc)

Bill number please .. I already told you I am not going to waste a lot of time trying to read your mind.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:54 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Wow...you aren't going to bring up Solyndra or Fisker Electric Cars?  Why is that?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Wow...you aren't going to bring up Solyndra or Fisker Electric Cars?  Why is that?

I didn't know that there were any Bills before the SD legislature regarding that. (if you know of any, please also post the # for Skeptical.) If there were, it looks like our republican state legislators would have voted to fund them too.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Skeptical wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:I suppose you especially like the almost half-million to study making fuel out of sunflowers. That's a real right-wing conservative use of taxpayer dollars, alright. (sarc)

Bill number please .. I already told you I am not going to waste a lot of time trying to read your mind.

Again:

I did say that the republicans in our statehouse voted for increased spending and increased gov't control.

The budget includes the governor's plan to give school districts a 2.3 percent ongoing increase in state aid to account for inflation. A separate spending bill gave schools another $4 million in one-time state aid and set aside $8.4 million for training teachers to use a new curriculum. The Legislature on its own also approved a special spending measure that gave schools an additional $8.7 million one-time bonus.

Dilges also said the governor's budget plan and other measures will give an extra $20.8 million to nursing homes and other facilities.

The budget also includes Daugaard's plan to give state employees, who have gone three years without a raise, a 3 percent across-the-board salary increase next year. At the governor's urging, the Legislature also passed a separate bill giving state employees a one-time bonus this year equal to 5 percent of their annual salaries

The Appropriations Committee later added $500,000 to the technical schools' budgets without saying how the money would be spent.

The panel also agreed to spend more than $400,000 to establish two new drunken driving courts and expand drug court programs.

Another $450,000 was added to the budget to permit the Agricultural Experiment Station at South Dakota State University to conduct research for making fuel from sunflowers, other oil seeds and some specialty crops.

Bills approved this year also include an increase in local property taxes.

----------
OK Skept, since you can't seem to find any numbers (a few from 2013 session):

SB 28 revise the property tax levies for the general fund of a school ... 128
HB 1050 make an appropriation for costs related to the suppression of ... 128
SB 138 make an appropriation to enhance education by revising the Gen...
SB 234 revise the General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2013 to p... 112
HB 1015 authorize the Board of Regents to contract for the constructio... 64
HB 1221 provide for the establishment and maintenance of a state veter...
HB 1249 provide salary assistance to counties for veterans service of... 64
SB 31 make an appropriation for the construction of a maintenance buil...
HB 1184 make an appropriation to the Department of Game, Fish and Park...
SB 155 establish a local government road improvement grant fund for th...
SB 176 appropriate money to the South Dakota Board of Regents - Agricu...
SB 208 make an appropriation to rehabilitate certain state-owned rail ... 64
SB 229 make an appropriation for the purpose of providing funding for ... 64
SB 236 appropriate money to the Board of Regents to fund the expansion...
SB 15 provide for expenditures for early learning services from the sp... 64
SB 76 appropriate money to fund the education service agencies. 64
SB 51 revise certain provisions regarding the application of the colle... 64
HB 1096 provide for the transfer and appropriation of funds upon the o... 56
SB 90 revise the General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2013, to p... 56
SB 76 revise certain reversion provisions relating to funding in the G... 48
SB 155 establish a local government road improvement grant fund for th...
SB 28 revise the property tax levies for the general fund of a school ... 32
SB 218 establish a program to assist rural counties to recruit attorneys. 32
SB 159 revise the state aid to general education formula by including ... 32
SB 190 make an appropriation to fund tax refunds for elderly persons a... 24
SB 235 create the building South Dakota fund and certain other funds a...
HB 1049 transfer the value added agriculture subfund from the Governor... 21
SB 233 create the critical teaching needs scholarship program and to m...
SB 235 create the building South Dakota fund and certain other funds a...
HB 1013 authorize the Board of Regents to construct multi-use storage ...
HB 1014 authorize the Board of Regents to purchase a structure for use...
HB 1016 revise the location of the cow-calf research and education uni... 16
HB 1033 authorize the Department of Social Services to dismantle, demo...
HB 1038 make an appropriation to reimburse certain family physicians, ... 16
HB 1050 make an appropriation for costs related to the suppression of ... 16
SB 10 authorize the Board of Regents to contract for the construction ...
SB 11 authorize the Board of Regents to contract for the construction ...
SB 18 authorize the Department of Agriculture to construct a 4-H exhib...
SB 19 authorize the Department of Agriculture to construct a housing u...
SB 22 make an appropriation for the construction and renovation of cer...
SB 29 authorize the Department of the Military to purchase land for us...
SB 30 authorize the Department of the Military to construct a motor ve...
SB 8 authorize the South Dakota Building Authority and the Board of Re... 16
SB 158 provide for the funding of educational programs for children in... 16
HB 1161 establish and provide certain incentives for projects that cre... 16
SB 233 create the critical teaching needs scholarship program and to m...
SB 90 revise the General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2013, to p... 13
SB 237 appropriate funds for deposit into the need-based grant fund, t...
SB 235 create the building South Dakota fund, to deposit certain money...
SB 15 provide for expenditures for early learning services from the sp... 12
SB 196 revise the index factor in the state aid to general education a... 9
SB 115 increase the commercial fertilizer inspection fee for purposes ... 8
SB 131 revise the annual budget report. 8
SB 189 make appropriations from the water and environment fund, the wa... 8
HB 1049 transfer the value added agriculture subfund from the Governor... 5
HB 1185 appropriate money for the ordinary expenses of the legislative... 5
HB 1060 revise the General Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2013. 3

Again: Now: Your turn: Can you list some where they (republican state legislators) voted to reduce spending during the last session?
- - - - - or will you try lame attempts at diversion again & leave us "only one conclusion about your integrity." ?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:41 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Again: Now: Your turn: Can you list some where they (republican state legislators) voted to reduce spending during the last session?
- - - - - or will you try lame attempts at diversion again & leave us "only one conclusion about your integrity." ?

When you first made this comment,

"Take a look at the bill votes in the 2013 legislative session. It was overwhelmingly republican votes for the increased control, as well as the increased spending."

All that was expected from you was which bill or bill #'s or at least the name/title of bill in particular you may have had in mind.

Did you respond with something like, "I am not satisfied with HB1050", "can't agree with SB225", "disagree with Revise Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2013", etc., etc."

Did you do this?  Oh no you had to play games with comments such as the following to various posters:

"Admittedly, SD republican legislators are far from the national norm. This has been an irritation to us fiscal conservatives for years. It seems to be getting worse. We are becoming even more of a 'welfare state'. The "control" legislation on individual freedoms is also escalating. You have at least noticed that, haven't you?"

Please notice the bills which increase spending & gov't control." (2nd time you invoked this useless POS without citation)

"That's funny.
(I'm not sure there were any)"

I am not the least bit interested in pursuing this topic with you or playing your silly game anymore.

I will confess if you had acted as an adult in the beginning and replied as to which bill/s you had in mind a discussion may have ensued

I do not have to conclude anything about your integrity .. your actions have declared it.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Skeptical wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

When you first made this comment,

"Take a look at the bill votes in the 2013 legislative session. It was overwhelmingly republican votes for the increased control, as well as the increased spending."

All that was expected from you was which bill or bill #'s or at least the name/title of bill in particular you may have had in mind.

Did you respond with something like, "I am not satisfied with HB1050", "can't agree with SB225", "disagree with Revise Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2013", etc., etc."

Did you do this?  Oh no you had to play games with comments such as the following to various posters:

"Admittedly, SD republican legislators are far from the national norm. This has been an irritation to us fiscal conservatives for years. It seems to be getting worse. We are becoming even more of a 'welfare state'. The "control" legislation on individual freedoms is also escalating. You have at least noticed that, haven't you?"

Yes - this was my comment:
[b]"Take a look at the bill votes in the 2013 legislative session. It was overwhelmingly republican votes for the increased control, as well as the increased spending."

I didn't say anything about having any particular Bill or Bill number in mind. It was you who pursued that (trying to mind read?).
My statement was based on my memory of the last session, and what seemed to be a vast quantity of Bills passed by our republican legislators, which increased spending and/or control.

Due to your insistence, I relayed summaries of few. You insisted on Bill numbers. With a little research, I provided you a long list of Bill numbers. BTW - I was surprised at how many there were, and that was just some from the most current session. Thank you. The research added credibility to my original statement.

[i] Again: Now: Your turn: Can you list some where they (republican state legislators) voted to reduce spending during the last session?

If you can't do it, just say so. No need to insult.
Or if you have no rebuttal, just take the childish way out & say something like: "I am not the least bit interested in pursuing this topic with you or playing your silly game anymore."

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Well Skept - did you find any yet?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:20 am

Sleep 
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:Well Skept - did you find any yet?

He is busy researching all of the immigration bills that were brought up in Congress the last few decades. You of all idiots should realize this will take a fair amount of time.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:

He is busy researching all of the immigration bills that were brought up in Congress the last few decades. You of all idiots should realize this will take a fair amount of time.

Didn't you like the ones I presented for you, Darth?
You want Skept to find more?

Back on this thread - maybe you could help Skept :
Can you list some where they (republican state legislators) voted to reduce spending during the last session?
https://justsayingit.forumotion.com/t746p30-rhoden-announces#6559

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:52 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Can you list some where they (republican state legislators) voted to reduce spending during the last session?
You posted one DA not ones.  You just can't keep from lying can you SOS?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

You posted one DA not ones.  You just can't keep from lying can you SOS?

You'd better read that post again, Darth - You'll see. "Dream Act".
Enough diversion -

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Still at Sleep 
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:Still at Sleep