City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Skeptical on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Now that Detroit has filed for bankruptcy it may not be too far in the future when the problems of this city is the fault of the person most often mentioned responsible for almost every thing that went wrong since January 2009.
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:28 pm

The lying liars and the lies they tell. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!



avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  pse1124 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 am

Skeptical wrote:Now that Detroit has filed for bankruptcy it may not be too far in the future when the problems of this city is the fault of the person most often mentioned responsible for almost every thing that went wrong since January 2009.

Liberals are like a plague. When they ruin one city or state with their garbage ideals and policies, they want to leave and go to a state or city that is run well. They then bring their crappy ideals and policies with them, and proceed to institute them there, where predictably, they ruin that city or state.

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.
avatar
pse1124

Posts : 194
Join date : 2012-12-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 am

pse1124 wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Now that Detroit has filed for bankruptcy it may not be too far in the future when the problems of this city is the fault of the person most often mentioned responsible for almost every thing that went wrong since January 2009.

Liberals are like a plague. When they ruin one city or state with their garbage ideals and policies, they want to leave and go to a state or city that is run well. They then bring their crappy ideals and policies with them, and proceed to institute them there, where predictably, they ruin that city or state.

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.


Kinda like the cesspool.  They have banned the posters with any good sense and now all thats left is a plethora of lamebrain lugnut libbies who think statism is best and never mind the fact that their ideas are failures.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Skeptical on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:45 am

nightlight88 wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Now that Detroit has filed for bankruptcy it may not be too far in the future when the problems of this city is the fault of the person most often mentioned responsible for almost every thing that went wrong since January 2009.

Liberals are like a plague. When they ruin one city or state with their garbage ideals and policies, they want to leave and go to a state or city that is run well. They then bring their crappy ideals and policies with them, and proceed to institute them there, where predictably, they ruin that city or state.

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.


Kinda like the cesspool.  They have banned the posters with any good sense and now all thats left is a plethora of lamebrain lugnut libbies who think statism is best and never mind the fact that their ideas are failures.

 Agreed, and those making up that group are quite representative of the "LIVE" (Low Information Voting Entity) whose only concern is a single issue passion and/or "I feel good now" stuff without ever anticipating let alone comprehending the future ramifications of their blind allegiance for those making them "feel good now"
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2752
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Freedom Forever on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am

If I could fundamentally change the US, it would look like Detroit. Mission accomplished.Twisted Evil 

wake up  
avatar
Freedom Forever

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Yur Mom's House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:If I could fundamentally change the US, it would look like Detroit.  Mission accomplished.Twisted Evil 

wake up  


Who is John Galt?
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  RedWhiteBlue on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:The lying liars and the lies they tell. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!


Wasn't that clip in reference to the auto industry, and not the city gov't? I can't recall for sure. His comments seem to refer to that. This clip was cut-off rather abruptly, so it's likely. Could you link the unedited version, please? Not sure this particular one applies here.

It is too bad about the city gov't. Although, restructuring may not be such a bad thing. Many conservatives wanted the auto industry to go that route a few years ago.

RedWhiteBlue

Posts : 663
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  nightlight88 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:09 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:The lying liars and the lies they tell. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!


Wasn't that clip in reference to the auto industry, and not the city gov't? I can't recall for sure. His comments seem to refer to that. This clip was cut-off rather abruptly, so it's likely. Could you link the unedited version, please? Not sure this particular one applies here.

It is too bad about the city gov't. Although, restructuring may not be such a bad thing. Many conservatives wanted the auto industry to go that route a few years ago.


Restructure, NO $ of mine for a freaking bailout and then the SOS by liberal idjits!!!
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Jammer on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Skeptical wrote:Now that Detroit has filed for bankruptcy it may not be too far in the future when the problems of this city is the fault of the person most often mentioned responsible for almost every thing that went wrong since January 2009.

Have they clarified this bankruptcy filing in DETROIT?   Was it a financial bankruptcy or moral bankruptcy?   With liberals, you just never know.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2413
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  RedWhiteBlue on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:14 pm

pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

RedWhiteBlue

Posts : 663
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Freedom Forever on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:23 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:If I could fundamentally change the US, it would look like Detroit.  Mission accomplished.Twisted Evil 

wake up  


Who is John Galt?

engineer at the Twentieth Century Motor Company, where he designs a revolutionary new motor powered by ambient static electricity.

wait for it
avatar
Freedom Forever

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Yur Mom's House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  sodaknomad on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Looks like Ed Schultz has been getting into the meth again...

avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 56
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:57 pm

sodaknomad wrote:Looks like Ed Schultz has been getting into the meth again...


 He is only reporting the truth...them damn republicans certainly screwed up Detroit didn't they? /lib
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  sodaknomad on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:Looks like Ed Schultz has been getting into the meth again...


 He is only reporting the truth...them damn republicans certainly screwed up Detroit didn't they? /lib

Well, let's see what the Republicans did...[a friend posted this onhis FB page.]

Robert Reich, the half pint limousine liberal, says Detriot has failed because rich people have abandoned the poor. Well, dipshit, why do you suppose they left? I guess decades of Democrat political corruption couldn't have had anything to do with it. Yes, Democrat corruption. They have run Detriot for decades. Or should I say the have ruined Detriot for decades.

1) At this point, the city of Detroit owes money to more than 100,000 creditors.

2) Detroit is facing $20 billion in debt and unfunded liabilities. That breaks down to more than $25,000 per resident.

3) Back in 1960, the city of Detroit actually had the highest per-capita income in the entire nation.

4) In 1950, there were about 296,000 manufacturing jobs in Detroit. Today, there are less than 27,000.

5) Between December 2000 and December 2010, 48 percent of the manufacturing jobs in the state of Michigan were lost.

6) There are lots of houses available for sale in Detroit right now for $500 or less.

7) At this point, there are approximately 78,000 abandoned homes in the city.

Cool About one-third of Detroit's 140 square miles is either vacant or derelict.

9) An astounding 47 percent of the residents of the city of Detroit are functionally illiterate.

10) Less than half of the residents of Detroit over the age of 16 are working at this point.

11) If you can believe it, 60 percent of all children in the city of Detroit are living in poverty.

12) Detroit was once the fourth-largest city in the United States, but over the past 60 years the population of Detroit has fallen by 63 percent.

13) The city of Detroit is now very heavily dependent on the tax revenue it pulls in from the casinos in the city. Right now, Detroit is bringing in about 11 million dollars a month in tax revenue from the casinos.

14) There are 70 "Superfund" hazardous waste sites in Detroit.

15) 40 percent of the street lights do not work.

16) Only about a third of the ambulances are running.

17) Some ambulances in the city of Detroit have been used for so long that they have more than 250,000 miles on them.

18) Two-thirds of the parks in the city of Detroit have been permanently closed down since 2008.

19) The size of the police force in Detroit has been cut by about 40 percent over the past decade.

20) When you call the police in Detroit, it takes them an average of 58 minutes to respond.

21) Due to budget cutbacks, most police stations in Detroit are now closed to the public for 16 hours a day.

22) The violent crime rate in Detroit is five times higher than the national average.

23) The murder rate in Detroit is 11 times higher than it is in New York City.

24) Today, police solve less than 10 percent of the crimes that are committed in Detroit.

25) Crime has gotten so bad in Detroit that even the police are telling people to "enter Detroit at your own risk".

It is easy to point fingers and mock Detroit, but the truth is that the rest of America is going down the exact same path that Detroit has gone down.


Detroit just got there first.

All over this country, there are hundreds of state and local governments that are also on the verge of financial ruin...
avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 56
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  pse1124 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 am

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?
avatar
pse1124

Posts : 194
Join date : 2012-12-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 pm

pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

That SD NEEDS leftist "leadership" to turn us into the hell holes they've already created.
avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 56
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  RedWhiteBlue on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:22 pm

pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.

RedWhiteBlue

Posts : 663
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:38 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.

Just collecting the money to pay for all the mandates the democRATs in Congers threw into our budget. Nothing wrong with that.
avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 56
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  RedWhiteBlue on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:07 pm

sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.

Just collecting the money to pay for all the mandates the democRATs in Congers threw into our budget. Nothing wrong with that.

No. That's not it.
Other states have those same mandates, and still support themselves.

RedWhiteBlue

Posts : 663
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:29 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.

Just collecting the money to pay for all the mandates the democRATs in Congers threw into our budget. Nothing wrong with that.

No. That's not it.
Other states have those same mandates, and still support themselves.

But not as such a high percentage as SD has. Right now, the feds only pay a little over half of the budget, but their unfunded mandates cost the state over 60% of the budget, and it's getting higher. If BarryCare is foisted un the budget, it'll cost by itself the entire budget of $4+-BILLION.
avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 56
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.

Just collecting the money to pay for all the mandates the democRATs in Congers threw into our budget. Nothing wrong with that.

No. That's not it.
Other states have those same mandates, and still support themselves.

 What next...you going to tell us Detroit's ruin is because of Conservative principles?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  RedWhiteBlue on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:57 pm

sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.

Just collecting the money to pay for all the mandates the democRATs in Congers threw into our budget. Nothing wrong with that.

No. That's not it.
Other states have those same mandates, and still support themselves.

But not as such a high percentage as SD has. Right now, the feds only pay a little over half of the budget, but their unfunded mandates cost the state over 60% of the budget, and it's getting higher. If BarryCare is foisted un the budget, it'll cost by itself the entire budget of $4+-BILLION.

You are saying it's over half?
and 60% mandates?
Could you please substantiate that claim?

RedWhiteBlue

Posts : 663
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  nightlight88 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:24 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:Looks like Ed Schultz has been getting into the meth again...


 He is only reporting the truth...them damn republicans certainly screwed up Detroit didn't they? /lib


Good old Dead Head Ed is spiraling down to the level of Piers Morgan, stupidity at its worst.

What an embarassment for the liberals. OOOPS, I forgot, liberals are too dense to be embarassed.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  nightlight88 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:32 am

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:

It's amazing to me, the fact that if given a chance, liberals would run South Dakota, the same way they run California, New York, Michigan, or Illinois. Never mind that those states are going bankrupt, and are losing businesses and people hand over fist.

Do you reside in SD, pse1124?
Are you at all familiar with this state's financial situation?

Yes

Yes

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it better than most democrat / liberal ran states? Yep. Is our unemployment really low? Yep. Is our state growing in population? Yep.

Not sure what you are referring to?

The fact that South Dakota is a "welfare" state. We rely very heavily on federal funding to function. This year, nearly half of the funds necessary to balance our state budget came from federal funding. That % has been getting steadily worse.


CURRENT REVENUE FORECAST
(Dollars in Millions)

UFY2012U UFY2013
Sales and Use Tax 729.2 756.9
Contractor's Excise Tax 76.9 71.8
Bank Franchise Tax 26.7 25.4
Insurance Company Tax 65.9 67.8
Property Tax Reduction Fund 101.1 103.0
Other Ongoing Revenues 204.3 201.7
One-Time Receipts 11.8 1.0
Budget Reserves 20.2 0.0
Obligated Cash Carried Forward 0.0 37.8
Total Revenue 1,236.1 1,265.4


I am not a CPA so maybe you could show me the budget line for "Federal Welfare" that you claim SD is using.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City is largest in U.S. to go bankrupt

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum