Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  sodaknomad on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:37 pm

At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 57
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:54 pm

He looks pretty good but I am so leery of any politician. Rather than listen to what they will do...I would rather study what they have done in the past. Wasn't he majority leader in the State legislature?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  sodaknomad on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:He looks pretty good but I am so leery of any politician. Rather than listen to what they will do...I would rather study what they have done in the past. Wasn't he majority leader in the State legislature?
I don't think so. He first got elected in 2010.
avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 57
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:He looks pretty good but I am so leery of any politician. Rather than listen to what they will do...I would rather study what they have done in the past. Wasn't he majority leader in the State legislature?
No, he has been a state representative for 3 years and has one of the most consistent conservative records in Pierre.

Check out his scores (District 25 old/19 new):

http://sdrepublicanreportcard.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sdgop-2012-house.pdf

The RINOs tried to redistrict him out in the 2012 election but he won going away.  He is a good PROVEN conservative.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:He looks pretty good but I am so leery of any politician. Rather than listen to what they will do...I would rather study what they have done in the past. Wasn't he majority leader in the State legislature?
No, he has been a state representative for 3 years and has one of the most consistent conservative records in Pierre.

Check out his scores (District 25 old/19 new):

http://sdrepublicanreportcard.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sdgop-2012-house.pdf

The RINOs tried to redistrict him out in the 2012 election but he won going away.  He is a good PROVEN conservative.
I think then someone else is running that was the majority leader and claiming to be a conservative.  I can't remember the last time an politician in tis state was for reduced spending and reduced government.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:He looks pretty good but I am so leery of any politician. Rather than listen to what they will do...I would rather study what they have done in the past. Wasn't he majority leader in the State legislature?
No, he has been a state representative for 3 years and has one of the most consistent conservative records in Pierre.

Check out his scores (District 25 old/19 new):

http://sdrepublicanreportcard.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sdgop-2012-house.pdf

The RINOs tried to redistrict him out in the 2012 election but he won going away.  He is a good PROVEN conservative.
I think then someone else is running that was the majority leader and claiming to be a conservative.  I can't remember the last time an politician in tis state was for reduced spending and reduced government.
You are thinking of Larry Rhoden who is now in the SD Senate.  He was previously in the House of Representatives.  His voting record as a conservative is quite weak at the very best.  He is saying all of the right things, but his previous votes in Pierre do not backup any of the words.

You can check out his voting record in the following link.  He is in District 29.

http://sdrepublicanreportcard.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sdgop-2012-senate.pdf

Stace Nelson is the only candidate in the race so far that is a verifiable conservative.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:He looks pretty good but I am so leery of any politician. Rather than listen to what they will do...I would rather study what they have done in the past. Wasn't he majority leader in the State legislature?
No, he has been a state representative for 3 years and has one of the most consistent conservative records in Pierre.

Check out his scores (District 25 old/19 new):

http://sdrepublicanreportcard.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sdgop-2012-house.pdf

The RINOs tried to redistrict him out in the 2012 election but he won going away.  He is a good PROVEN conservative.
I think then someone else is running that was the majority leader and claiming to be a conservative.  I can't remember the last time an politician in tis state was for reduced spending and reduced government.
You are thinking of Larry Rhoden who is now in the SD Senate.  He was previously in the House of Representatives.  His voting record as a conservative is quite weak at the very best.  He is saying all of the right things, but his previous votes in Pierre do not backup any of the words.

You can check out his voting record in the following link.  He is in District 29.

http://sdrepublicanreportcard.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sdgop-2012-senate.pdf

Stace Nelson is the only candidate in the race so far that is a verifiable conservative.
Thank you for the information and commentary. That is one of the main problems today as politicians run to the right and fly the conservative banner to get elected then trot back to the left. If fiscal conservatism is such a minority of the population, why do all of the candidates run to that side including democrats?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  pse1124 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:40 am

sodaknomad wrote:At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

I like this guy.
avatar
pse1124

Posts : 194
Join date : 2012-12-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:48 am

pse1124 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

I like this guy.

There is no question in my mind that Stace Nelson is the best candidate in the US Senate race.  However, every conservative is going to need to get out and help him in any way they can as he is facing a huge headwind in an uphill battle.  The odds are against him at the moment, but if ALL conservatives get involved in some way or another perhaps we can win this one.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:00 am

Jammer wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

I like this guy.
There is no question in my mind that Stace Nelson is the best candidate in the US Senate race.  However, every conservative is going to need to get out and help him in any way they can as he is facing a huge headwind in an uphill battle.  The odds are against him at the moment, but if ALL conservatives get involved in some way or another perhaps we can win this one.
I hate to ask...

Any relation to Chris Nelson?
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

I like this guy.
There is no question in my mind that Stace Nelson is the best candidate in the US Senate race.  However, every conservative is going to need to get out and help him in any way they can as he is facing a huge headwind in an uphill battle.  The odds are against him at the moment, but if ALL conservatives get involved in some way or another perhaps we can win this one.
I hate to ask...

Any relation to Chris Nelson?
I really don't know, but I doubt it.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  sodaknomad on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Jammer wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

I like this guy.
There is no question in my mind that Stace Nelson is the best candidate in the US Senate race.  However, every conservative is going to need to get out and help him in any way they can as he is facing a huge headwind in an uphill battle.  The odds are against him at the moment, but if ALL conservatives get involved in some way or another perhaps we can win this one.
If Nelson can win the primary, he'll have access to Thune's war chest. Somthing the democRATs fear most. That's probably why the democRATs have given up the seat and are only running a token. But you're right. Rounds is a formidible opponent.
avatar
sodaknomad

Posts : 768
Join date : 2012-12-31
Age : 57
Location : High above the James River...and anywhere else

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Jammer wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Jammer wrote:
pse1124 wrote:
sodaknomad wrote:At last, a pol who isn't afraid of putting out a manefesto on the issues and what he'll do if elected.

I like this guy.
There is no question in my mind that Stace Nelson is the best candidate in the US Senate race.  However, every conservative is going to need to get out and help him in any way they can as he is facing a huge headwind in an uphill battle.  The odds are against him at the moment, but if ALL conservatives get involved in some way or another perhaps we can win this one.
I hate to ask...

Any relation to Chris Nelson?
I really don't know, but I doubt it.
They aren't directly related it appears...Chris Nelson is from White Lake.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Darth Cheney on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:31 am

Received a letter from Stace asking for donations. In it he talked about how great farmers are and he will protect our Second Amendment rights...

What Second Amendment rights?  The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on our Natural Rights not the government granting rights.  I can't vote for someone who doesn't even understand the basics of the Bill of Rights.
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3462
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  nightlight88 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Received a letter from Stace asking for donations. In it he talked about how great farmers are and he will protect our Second Amendment rights...

What Second Amendment rights?  The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on our Natural Rights not the government granting rights.  I can't vote for someone who doesn't even understand the basics of the Bill of Rights.

Stace Nelson is a loose cannon. I have watched him for the past few years and he is a blowhard using veterans as a playing chip. If you don't agree with his position he will call you anti-American and anti-Veteran.

He was chastised a couple years ago by the Speaker of the House for being obnoxious and un-professional and was moved to the front of the classroom and virtually ignored for a week.

His past actions have made him a pariah in the House and he has difficulty getting support for his bills.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy personally and have conversed with him many times but this election for the Senate is too valuable to chance it on Stace Nelson. Too many skeletons in the closet.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Received a letter from Stace asking for donations. In it he talked about how great farmers are and he will protect our Second Amendment rights...

What Second Amendment rights?  The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on our Natural Rights not the government granting rights.  I can't vote for someone who doesn't even understand the basics of the Bill of Rights.

Stace Nelson is a loose cannon.  I have watched him for the past few years and he is a blowhard using veterans as a playing chip.  If you don't agree with his position he will call you anti-American and anti-Veteran.

He was chastised a couple years ago by the Speaker of the House for being obnoxious and un-professional and was moved to the front of the classroom and virtually ignored for a week.

His past actions have made him a pariah in the House and he has difficulty getting support for his bills.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy personally and have conversed with him many times but this election for the Senate is too valuable to chance it on Stace Nelson.  Too many skeletons in the closet.

Representative Nelson is far from being a "polished politician" and as a result what you see with him is basically what you get.  The "polished politicians" almost always say the right things at the right time and sound so sweet, as a result we keep electing "polished politicians".

He is by far the most conservative candidate in the race and he suffers from the common affliction that most conservatives suffer from "hoof in the mouth" disease.  He will invariably say something the wrong way at the wrong time.  However, I don't think you will ever detect that the underlying principles that drive him are conservative principles.

I wish there was a more polished conservative in the race, but there isn't.  There were not any Ted Cruz or Rand Paul candidates willing to step forward.  Therefore, South Dakotans are faced with a Republican primary that has a far from "polished" conservative and several moderate choices.  

Oh and Darth, I would be completely surprised if Representative Nelson didn't understand the issue of 2nd Amendment rights.  However, it doesn't surprise me that he didn't clearly communicate his thoughts - happens to us conservatives all the time.  We are just not the best at expressing our thoughts.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  nightlight88 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:30 am

Jammer wrote:[  We are just not the best at expressing our thoughts.

Yup, thats the problem, we speak the truth instead of spin. And spin works well on un-informed voters.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Jammer wrote:[  We are just not the best at expressing our thoughts.

Yup, thats the problem, we speak the truth instead of spin.  And spin works well on un-informed voters.

Either which way, unless Nelson ramps up his dismal fund raising, his voice won't be heard and the Three Dwarfs of Rhoden, Bosworth and Nelson will only split the 'conservative" vote ensuring the coronation of Rounds.
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Twinkies on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:33 am

I hope Stace Nelson wins. That would ensure a Democrat win for sure!
avatar
Twinkies

Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  nightlight88 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:42 am

Twinkies wrote:I hope Stace Nelson wins. That would ensure a Democrat win for sure!

If you are going to smoke crack and post, please do it in the cesspool.
avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Twinkies on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:26 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Twinkies wrote:I hope Stace Nelson wins. That would ensure a Democrat win for sure!

If you are going to smoke crack and post, please do it in the cesspool.
LSD today. Save the crack for the weekend.
avatar
Twinkies

Posts : 389
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:57 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Jammer wrote:[  We are just not the best at expressing our thoughts.

Yup, thats the problem, we speak the truth instead of spin.  And spin works well on un-informed voters.

Actually that was not what I was referring to, although you are correct in your statement.  What I was referring to was the ability or more precisely the lack of ability that most conservatives have in expressing their opinions.

I am of the belief that people possess different personality traits that tend to determine what they do in their lives and that also includes whether they are conservatives or liberals.  These traits include: Analytical, Expressive, Amiable and Driver.

People tend to be strongest in one of these traits and usually have a secondary trait that is also strong.  As a result, these personality traits tend to determine what career choices people make.  You will see that people who are strong analyticals often become doctors, engineers, accountants, etc. while people who are strong amiables often go into the ministry and other related fields.

I think these same personality traits tend to determine whether a person is a conservative or a liberal when it comes to politics.  Liberals tend to be your expressives and amiables while conservatives tend to be analyticals and drivers.

People with strong analytical skills often are not the most articulate or the best at expressing their views.  While there are of course exceptions to everything including this, pay attention to various politicians when they speak.  Generally the liberals are all the silver tongue expressives who feel they can talk their way out of anything.  On the other hand, conservatives often struggle with being good at public speaking.  An example is Sarah Palin.  Even though she was a TV personality and is one of the better speaking conservatives, even she struggles at being fluid in her narrative.

Anyhow, just an observation that I have made.  Watch it carefully for awhile and I think you will see the same things.  And again, there will always be exceptions.  However, I think the rule holds pretty well on this premise and just might help to explain why Representative Nelson struggles with his spoken words.  They just don't always come out correctly for a conservative.
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  nightlight88 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Jammer wrote:[  We are just not the best at expressing our thoughts.

Yup, thats the problem, we speak the truth instead of spin.  And spin works well on un-informed voters.

Actually that was not what I was referring to, although you are correct in your statement.  What I was referring to was the ability or more precisely the lack of ability that most conservatives have in expressing their opinions.

I am of the belief that people possess different personality traits that tend to determine what they do in their lives and that also includes whether they are conservatives or liberals.  These traits include: Analytical, Expressive, Amiable and Driver.

People tend to be strongest in one of these traits and usually have a secondary trait that is also strong.  As a result, these personality traits tend to determine what career choices people make.  You will see that people who are strong analyticals often become doctors, engineers, accountants, etc. while people who are strong amiables often go into the ministry and other related fields.

I think these same personality traits tend to determine whether a person is a conservative or a liberal when it comes to politics.  Liberals tend to be your expressives and amiables while conservatives tend to be analyticals and drivers.

People with strong analytical skills often are not the most articulate or the best at expressing their views.  While there are of course exceptions to everything including this, pay attention to various politicians when they speak.  Generally the liberals are all the silver tongue expressives who feel they can talk their way out of anything.  On the other hand, conservatives often struggle with being good at public speaking.  An example is Sarah Palin.  Even though she was a TV personality and is one of the better speaking conservatives, even she struggles at being fluid in her narrative.

Anyhow, just an observation that I have made.  Watch it carefully for awhile and I think you will see the same things.  And again, there will always be exceptions.  However, I think the rule holds pretty well on this premise and just might help to explain why Representative Nelson struggles with his spoken words.  They just don't always come out correctly for a conservative.

You won't get a lot of argument from me, my friend.

My twenty (+) years observing politics have brought me to one conclusion, in general.

Liberals are emotionalists, they use arguments based on feelings. ie for the children, for the poor, etc. And it comes down to wanting to control others lives. No smoking, no drinking big sodas, no trans fats, no this, no that. They are hypocrites, they claim they want choice, but only the choices they think are the right ones. Kill an unborn, but can't let a businessman allow smoking in his place of business.

Liberalism is a disease (stolen from Darth) and should be eradicated.

avatar
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Skeptical on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Jammer wrote:[  We are just not the best at expressing our thoughts.

Yup, thats the problem, we speak the truth instead of spin.  And spin works well on un-informed voters.

Just goes to show the Conservatives are losing the PR battle by always telling the truth to people who are always being told only what they want to hear, usually a pack of "feel good" lies, by the liberal/progressives/Marxists !
avatar
Skeptical

Posts : 2828
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Jammer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:09 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Jammer wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Jammer wrote:[  


You won't get a lot of argument from me, my friend.

My twenty (+) years observing politics have brought me to one conclusion, in general.

Liberals are emotionalists, they use arguments based on feelings.  ie  for the children, for the poor, etc.  And it comes down to wanting to control others lives.  No smoking, no drinking big sodas, no trans fats, no this, no that.  They are hypocrites, they claim they want choice, but only the choices they think are the right ones.  Kill an unborn, but can't let a businessman allow smoking in his place of business.

Liberalism is a disease (stolen from Darth) and should be eradicated.


You are correct in your beliefs.  Liberals are touchy feely people who solely rely on their feelings to formulate their opinions and values.  Conservatives on the other hand rely on facts and figures.  Two different worlds that they exist in.

And Darth is absolutely correct in that liberalism must be eradicated if our country is to survive.  There is just nothing more disgusting or despicable than a liberal.

But do watch for the different personality traits that conservatives exhibit and I think you will see that the more conservative a person is, the less expressive they are.  Just one reason they struggle to win elections.

And in my opinion, that is why conservatives like Representative Nelson need our support and encouragement, not pushback on their shortcomings.  I think most of the time the root cause of our disappointment in them is their inability to accurately express their views and opinions.  As a result, they often come off looking bad especially when they are compared to the "polished politicians" who are generally silver tongue liars who tell you things like; "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it".
avatar
Jammer

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2013-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stace Nelson's Contract with South Dakota

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum