Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberals, listen up

4 posters

Go down

Liberals, listen up Empty Liberals, listen up

Post  sodaknomad Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know. Around here, it's preachin' to the choir, but...

Liberals, listen up 2875671632
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Liberals, listen up Empty Re: Liberals, listen up

Post  nightlight88 Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:42 pm

sodaknomad wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know. Around here, it's preachin' to the choir, but...

Liberals, listen up 2875671632
Every day that goes by makes this even more relevent.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Very well said.

FDR’s list is no “Bill of Rights”. It’s a list of demands. If I have a right to a job, doesn’t that mean that one must be provided to me? If I have a right to adequate food, clothing, and recreation, doesn’t that mean that I am entitled to those things, and someone should provide them to me? If I have an inherent right to a decent home, once again, doesn’t that mean it should be provided to me, regardless of my ability to afford one or build one for myself?

You might protest that FDR only meant that we have the right to pursue those things, but that’s not what he said, and why would he? If we live in a free society, our right to pursue those things is self-evident, is it not? Besides, if he only believed in our right to pursue those things, he would not have felt the need to implement the New Deal.
Why is this so hard for liberals to understand?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:10 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Very well said.

FDR’s list is no “Bill of Rights”.  It’s a list of demands.  If I have a right to a job, doesn’t that mean that one must be provided to me?  If I have a right to adequate food, clothing, and recreation, doesn’t that mean that I am entitled to those things, and someone should provide them to me?  If I have an inherent right to a decent home, once again, doesn’t that mean it should be provided to me, regardless of my ability to afford one or build one for myself?  

You might protest that FDR only meant that we have the right to pursue those things, but that’s not what he said, and why would he?  If we live in a free society, our right to pursue those things is self-evident, is it not?  Besides, if he only believed in our right to pursue those things, he would not have felt the need to implement the New Deal.
Why is this so hard for liberals to understand?
They are compassionate for the poor. (Don't give to the poor themselves but force others to give)

They are for safety. (Take guns away from law abiding citizens but don't consider the fact that criminals don't obey the law anyway)

The are for minorities. (They think that blacks and other minorities cannot succeed without government help)

To paraphrase-----------------> Liberal compassion always happens at the point of a government gun.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:51 pm

Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down