Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are guns the real problem?

3 posters

Go down

Are guns the real problem? Empty Are guns the real problem?

Post  Skeptical Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

I think I read a comment over on the place not to be named that went something like this,

“We need laws that keeps guns out of the hands of criminals”

Now for my two cents on this.

Unless I am badly misinformed there are already umpteen laws on the books within the various towns and cities and the several states dealing with the many and various unlawful actions and a criminal buying a gun might just happen to be one of them. Just a FYI, criminals do not buy guns legally.

A law or 100 laws or even a million laws by and of themselves do not prevent one single unlawful act!

I repeat; a law or 100 laws or even a million laws by and of themselves do not prevent one single unlawful act!

IMHO what prevents unlawful acts is the collective action of law-abiding citizens to obey the laws.

Now, if by chance the writer of the comment above I borrowed from that place not to be named was referring to those individuals who caused the death and injuries at such places as Virginia Tech, the theater in Aurora, Colorado, and the carnage at Sandy Hook school then I missed the fact these people were criminals or had a history of criminal behavior. If the writer meant they were criminals because of their actions then that is a horse of a different color.

I agree with the voices of reason and say this country does not have a gun problem or a problem with guns but a huge problem with people and their demonstrated behavior and their preference of using a gun while exhibiting that behavior.

Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Are guns the real problem? Empty Re: Are guns the real problem?

Post  BladeRunner Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Instead of banning guns, I think we need to ban mentally unstable people.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 am

The distinguished Senator idiot Dianne FrankenFeinstein just reported on Face the Nation: "she just learned that when a collapsible stock on an AR-15 is collapsed it becomes a fully automatic weapon. Liberals are complete idiots. Go to 5:45 on the attached link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50139818n

Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down