Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hope he runs

+7
Gomezz Adddams
Skeptical
Rusty Houser
Alleycat
Jammer
Dr. Evil
nightlight88
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I hope he runs - Page 2 Empty Re: I hope he runs

Post  Jammer Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
His opinion on taxes though is what would render him DOA among those who provide the financial backing in the Republican Party.  They are not interested in the type of income based flat rate plan he referred to.  They are more interested in something much closer to a straight flat tax where everyone would pay the same regardless of income.

WTF? Carson's flat tax plan is a straight flat tax plan that you state the Republicans are against. It's the liberals and Dems who fight tooth and nail against any flat tax or even a flattening out of the current progressive system we do have. It was the Democrats who were responsible for 4 of the 5 new tax brackets added since Reagan dropped it to two in the 1986 Tax Reform Act.

Carson's plan seems to be light on the details. Will it end the death tax? Will it end the double taxation of the corporate rate? Capital gains? Will it end FICA taxes? The most resonable, fair and workable flat tax proposal that I've seen is the one Steve Forbes proposed during his short run for President.

If you consider a 10% tax rate across the board, as I believe his example did, the conservative movement would cry fowl because it wouldn't be fair that a person has to pay more in taxes than his next door neighbor just because he makes more.

That is complete bullshit.  Conservatives who favor a flat tax, favor a flat rate for everyone and ALL income from all sources would be treated equally.  No exemptions, deductions or any other progressive liberal loophole you assholes have built into the system.  And if somebody makes double or triple the income, they pay double or triple the taxes.

You are a lying SOS and a worthless piece of scum who tries to misrepresent every issue.  You are the epitome of what is wrong with liberals in this country.  

And if there should be one single vote on education at the federal level it should be to disband the Department of Education and get the federal government completely out of education.  Unfortunately, they have already destroyed our educational system like everything else you progressive liberal assholes have touched.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:21 pm

Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
His opinion on taxes though is what would render him DOA among those who provide the financial backing in the Republican Party.  They are not interested in the type of income based flat rate plan he referred to.  They are more interested in something much closer to a straight flat tax where everyone would pay the same regardless of income.

WTF? Carson's flat tax plan is a straight flat tax plan that you state the Republicans are against. It's the liberals and Dems who fight tooth and nail against any flat tax or even a flattening out of the current progressive system we do have. It was the Democrats who were responsible for 4 of the 5 new tax brackets added since Reagan dropped it to two in the 1986 Tax Reform Act.

Carson's plan seems to be light on the details. Will it end the death tax? Will it end the double taxation of the corporate rate? Capital gains? Will it end FICA taxes? The most resonable, fair and workable flat tax proposal that I've seen is the one Steve Forbes proposed during his short run for President.

If you consider a 10% tax rate across the board, as I believe his example did, the conservative movement would cry fowl because it wouldn't be fair that a person has to pay more in taxes than his next door neighbor just because he makes more.

That is complete bullshit.  Conservatives who favor a flat tax, favor a flat rate for everyone and ALL income from all sources would be treated equally.  No exemptions, deductions or any other progressive liberal loophole you assholes have built into the system.  And if somebody makes double or triple the income, they pay double or triple the taxes.

You are a lying SOS and a worthless piece of scum who tries to misrepresent every issue.  You are the epitome of what is wrong with liberals in this country.  

And if there should be one single vote on education at the federal level it should be to disband the Department of Education and get the federal government completely out of education.  Unfortunately, they have already destroyed our educational system like everything else you progressive liberal assholes have touched.

So when the so called "job creators" are able to weasel out of paying an effective tax rate as high as you and I because of "liberal loopholes" you see that as a real travesty to real conservative values?

What would you say is the single most destructive liberal agenda plaguing our educational system today? And why?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:55 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

So when the so called "job creators" are able to weasel out  of paying an effective tax rate as high as you and I because of "liberal loopholes" you see that as a real travesty to real conservative values?

What would you say is the single most destructive liberal agenda plaguing our educational system today?  And why?  

You don't seem to know what a flat tax or a capitation tax is so should I bet you are clueless as to what an effective tax rate is? Explain the difference between a marginal tax rate and an effective tax rate.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

So when the so called "job creators" are able to weasel out  of paying an effective tax rate as high as you and I because of "liberal loopholes" you see that as a real travesty to real conservative values?

What would you say is the single most destructive liberal agenda plaguing our educational system today?  And why?  

You don't seem to know what a flat tax or a capitation tax is so should I bet you are clueless as to what an effective tax rate is? Explain the difference between a marginal tax rate and an effective tax rate.

To me your effective tax rate is what you actually pay after all applicable deductions. How about you?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:16 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

To me your effective tax rate is what you actually pay after all applicable deductions.  How about you?

To the IRS (and that's what matters) an effective tax rate is calculated by dividing total tax expense by taxable income.

Taxable income is an average of marginal tax brackets minus deductions and exemptions. Tax credits are applied after net taxes are determined and excess credits may or may not be refundable. An Earned Income Credit for example is refundable and may make the effective rate negative.

A marginal tax rate is the rate applied to an additional dollar of income. If that dollar is in a higher bracket then that dollar and all earned dollars after that dollar are taxed at the higher rate.

I hope you don't do your own taxes.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:23 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

To me your effective tax rate is what you actually pay after all applicable deductions.  How about you?

To the IRS (and that's what matters) an effective tax rate is calculated by dividing total tax expense by taxable income.

Taxable income is an average of marginal tax brackets minus deductions and exemptions. Tax credits are applied after net taxes are determined and excess credits may or may not be refundable. An Earned Income Credit for example is refundable and may make the effective rate negative.

A marginal tax rate is the rate applied to an additional dollar of income. If that dollar is in a higher bracket then that dollar and all earned dollars after that dollar are taxed at the higher rate.

No I sure don't. I guess if I'm looking for someone to waste my time with terms and definitions instead of real world situations, I know where to go. Thx.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:37 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

No I sure don't.  I guess if I'm looking for someone to waste my time with terms and definitions instead of real world situations, I know where to go.  Thx.

Aye yai yai! We wouldn't want to be to precise when discussing economics, taxes, law, no sireee. Makes discussing topics with you like nailing Jello™️ to a wall. Nahh, I get it you're a "Big Picture" kind of boy. Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:41 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

No I sure don't.  I guess if I'm looking for someone to waste my time with terms and definitions instead of real world situations, I know where to go.  Thx.

Aye yai yai! We wouldn't want to be to precise when discussing economics, taxes, law, no sireee. Makes discussing topics with you like nailing Jello™️ to a wall. Nahh, I get it you're a "Big Picture" kind of boy. Sleep

Blow me. You waste time with your meaningless details to mask the fact that you really have nothing to say. Wake me up when you have something meaningful to add to the conversation.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:03 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Since it appears that you are lacking comprehension of what us "Big Picture" types refer to as an "effective tax rate" I posted a nice link for you to read up on it.  A simple Google search will yield you a wealth of information on the subject.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/01/news/economy/corporate-tax-rate/

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:34 am

Jammer wrote:Liberals are the most deceitful lying sacks of garbage there are.  Nobody should ever believe a word they say and quite honestly nobody should even listen to these assholes.  Take the comment from the POS above:

I agree. It's either he's a lying sack of garbage or he completely lacks simple understanding.

Buried deep in his post:
Dr. Jones wrote:but I have a problem with his example on shying away from the E.R. to hold out for a cheaper clinic visit.  Why is this a choice we have to make?  Who benefits from this?

He doesn't understand that the less people make frivolous ER visits, the more it benefits EVERYONE'S insurance costs?[/quote]

Last edited by BladeRunner on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
We live in a very conservative state that has orchestrated its own teacher shortage due to poor pay.  

And many of them are still paid too much.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:40 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Jammer wrote:Liberals are the most deceitful lying sacks of garbage there are.  Nobody should ever believe a word they say and quite honestly nobody should even listen to these assholes.  Take the comment from the POS above:
/quote]

I agree. It's either he's a lying sack of garbage or he completely lacks simple understanding.

Buried deep in his post:
Dr. Jones wrote:but I have a problem with his example on shying away from the E.R. to hold out for a cheaper clinic visit.  Why is this a choice we have to make?  Who benefits from this?

He doesn't understand that the less people make frivolous ER visits, the more it benefits EVERYONE'S insurance costs?

No, I actually said that the difference in cost is where the problem lies. It's just that our healthcare providers aren't interested in fixing the problem.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:51 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
We live in a very conservative state that has orchestrated its own teacher shortage due to poor pay.  

And many of them are still paid too much.

Not a statement that Dr. Carson would likely make. Point proven.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Since it appears that you are lacking comprehension of what us "Big Picture" types refer to as an "effective tax rate" I posted a nice link for you to read up on it.  A simple Google search will yield you a wealth of information on the subject.

Of course your article says nothing about how if the US had a reasonable corporate tax structure in the first place we wouldn't have mega corporations like Apple, Johnson & Johnson, Starbuscks, General Electric and on and on using the Double Irish or Dutch Sandwich strategies to avoid income tax. Nor does it mention the fact that corporate profits are subject to double taxation first on corporate profits and then on the dividends or disbursements to stock/bond holders. Your understanding of taxes and tax policy seems to built on quicksand. affraid
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Alleycat Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 am

Ben Carson is an unacceptable Presidential Candidate by the American people. They will not accept any politician from either side who is NOT a confirmed and proven liar, who is not a corrupt criminal or has any common sense.

Alleycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Of course your article says nothing about how if the US had a reasonable corporate tax structure in the first place we wouldn't have mega corporations like Apple, Johnson & Johnson, Starbuscks, General Electric and on and on using the Double Irish or Dutch Sandwich strategies to avoid income tax. Nor does it mention the fact that corporate profits are subject to double taxation first on corporate profits and then on the dividends or disbursements to stock/bond holders. Your understanding of taxes and tax policy seems to built on quicksand. affraid  

We will always have corporations looking for lower taxes and we will always have countries participating in the perpetual race to the bottom, or willing to offer super low rates to skim tax revenue that they would not otherwise get. Interestingly enough though the Double Irish is bring cracked down upon beginning this month in an effort to level the playing field.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ireland-to-close-double-irish-tax-loophole-1413295755

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:07 pm

I wish someone could point out why the hell corporations have to pay any tax? Every employees income is taxed and remaining money would be better spent re-investing in the business providing a more stable workplace than to have the government hand it out to societal slugs smoking crack and eating lobster (Moochelle). The pay taxes on every thing they buy, every thing they own (property) and everyone employed (Social Security). What does big government provide?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:06 am

Paquette wrote:I'll say this much for him, he's very "flexible".

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2013/12/ben_carson_in_his_own_words.html

Is this the guy you want?

Excerpts from Health Care Reform-A Paradigm Shift:

The most natural question is, who will pay for catastrophic health care? The answer: The government-run catastrophic health care fund. Such a fund would be supported by a mandatory contribution of 10 to 15 percent of the profits of each health insurance company, including managed care operations[...]

As our general population continues to age and as our technical abilities continue to improve we will find ourselves in a position of being able to keep most people alive...well beyond their 100th birthday. The question is "Should we do it simply because we can? It is well known that up to half of the medical expenses incurred in the average American's life are incurred during the last six months of life....rather than putting them in an intensive care unit, poking and prodding them, operating and testing them ad nauseam, why not allow them the dignity of dying in comfort, at home, with an attendant if necessary?...Decisions on who should be treated and who should not be treated would clearly require some national guidelines

2010 Megadiversities interview on healthcare

The entire thing is completely out of control. The entire concept of for profits for the insurance companies makes absolutely no sense. 'I deny that you need care and I will make more money.' This is totally ridiculous. The first thing we need to do is get rid of for profit insurance companies. We have a lack of policies and we need to make the government responsible for catastrophic health care.

The Hip Hop Doc interview:

February 2009, The Hip Hoc Doc, a fellow physician from Louisiana, interviewed Carson.

HHD: Do you think President Obama can get this system [healthcare] together?

BC: I've heard from the Obama transition team and was asked about a government position...

HHD: Surgeon general?

BC: Yes.

In the same interview, he remarks that when Obama asked him to be surgeon general, he said he "respected President Obama," but he had "no desire to take a vow of poverty."

On immigration:

[W]e continue to harass and deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their families."

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 am

Ben Carson: Counterfeit Conservative

Unfortunately, Carson’s liberal attitudes towards economic policy do not end at healthcare. Indeed, Carson has made troubling statements regarding free trade as well, calling for “ a stiff tariff on products that are manufactured in other countries and are shipped here fully assembled, while reducing tariffs on products that will require assembly once they reach our shores.” Carson ignores the impact that such a policy would have on our exporters, who would likely face retaliatory tariffs, as well as on the consumers of this country who would be forced to pay higher prices.

We see another example here of Ben Carson accepting a liberal premise, the notion that the government must interfere in the marketplace to stimulate job growth, which is of course totally at odds with any free market economic theory imaginable. This protectionist line out of Carson makes this observer curious about his opinion on the Burger King tax inversions. Could we expect a President Ben Carson to crack down on companies whom he considers to be “exporting jobs”? Such a move would lead to even more economic difficulty as both American consumers and American exporters would suffer.

While we have covered several economic head scratchers out of Ben Carson, probably the most damning of all is his backwards analysis of the 2008 financial crisis. It is Ben Carson’s contention that “we decided to deregulate during the 1990s, paving the way for the economic meltdown in 2008”. In other words, the free market caused the crash. This is the line of logic that was embraced by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank when they passed the Dodd-Frank Act, as well as pretty much every progressive on both sides of the aisle in the wake of the financial crisis. It is, of course, completely distorted and ignorant of the government’s role in creating the crisis through passage of the Community Reinvestment Act, which encouraged the subprime lending.

The fact that Carson so readily embraces the notion that deregulation caused the economic collapse causes you to wonder if he would cut any regulation at all as president. The fact that he believes the free market, left unchecked, is what caused the crisis causes you to wonder about his commitment to conservative economic principles in general. Would Ben Carson rein in the IRS, or would he be too crippled by this false notion in his head that deregulation creates chaos? Would Carson make any push at all to repeal Dodd-Frank, or would his pro regulatory stance lead him to support such a bill? When a potential presidential candidate does not stand up for the core economic principles that our movement stands for, it should be a dealbreaker to anybody who values those principles.

http://blog.libertyconservatives.com/ben-carson-counterfeit-conservative/

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass. Carson is further left than Obama on a lot of issues but he tosses out a few cotton candy sound bites designed to appeal to the junk food loving, wannabe "conservatives" and you gobble it up.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Paquette wrote:You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass. Carson is further left than Obama on a lot of issues but he tosses out a few cotton candy sound bites designed to appeal to the junk food loving, wannabe "conservatives" and you gobble it up.

Not sure who you are taking at but your qualifications are dismal at best.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:19 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Paquette wrote:You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass. Carson is further left than Obama on a lot of issues but he tosses out a few cotton candy sound bites designed to appeal to the junk food loving, wannabe "conservatives" and you gobble it up.

Not sure who you are taking at but your qualifications are dismal at best.

I already know what you think of me but the topic is Carson's qualifications. Would you like to say something about the topic at hand? Do you still think "he sounds really good"?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Please explain in detail what is a conservative so all of the readers will be able to identify a conservative either by sight, sound, or written comments and not confuse or misidentify that person as a liberal or other party affiliation.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Skeptical wrote:

Please explain in detail what is a conservative so all of the readers will be able to identify a conservative either by sight, sound, or written comments and not confuse or misidentify that person as a liberal or other party affiliation.

I think that's up to each person to decide. Do you think Carson fits your idea of a good candidate by your standards?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next