Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hope he runs

+7
Gomezz Adddams
Skeptical
Rusty Houser
Alleycat
Jammer
Dr. Evil
nightlight88
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I hope he runs - Page 3 Empty Re: I hope he runs

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass. Carson is further left than Obama on a lot of issues but he tosses out a few cotton candy sound bites designed to appeal to the junk food loving, wannabe "conservatives" and you gobble it up.

Please explain in detail what is a conservative so all of the readers will be able to identify a conservative either by sight, sound, or written comments and not confuse or misidentify that person as a liberal or other party affiliation.

I think that's up to each person to decide. Do you think Carson fits your idea of a good candidate by your standards?

Oh shucks, since you said, and I quote, "You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass." I sort of figured there was something mysterious about identifying a conservative that only you knew but your answer verified what was known for years.  

Thanks
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass. Carson is further left than Obama on a lot of issues but he tosses out a few cotton candy sound bites designed to appeal to the junk food loving, wannabe "conservatives" and you gobble it up.

Please explain in detail what is a conservative so all of the readers will be able to identify a conservative either by sight, sound, or written comments and not confuse or misidentify that person as a liberal or other party affiliation.

I think that's up to each person to decide. Do you think Carson fits your idea of a good candidate by your standards?

Oh shucks, since you said, and I quote, "You clowns wouldn't know a conservative if he bit you on the ass." I sort of figured there was something mysterious about identifying a conservative that only you knew but your answer verified what was known for years.  

Thanks

Do you agree with darth that Carson "really sounds good"?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm noticing a pattern here.

People hold up their golden goose and when they're shown it's actually a turkey, they turn their sights on the messenger pigeon.

I guess it's true, crow really does taste like chicken.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:44 pm

May I suggest a departure from the last two primaries? Before jumping on the savior du jour, it might not be a bad idea to actually find out what his positions are.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:58 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Thanks

Just to humor your little attempt to distract away from the topic at hand: Do you think that a government run health insurance plan is anywhere close to a conservative ideal? Do you think that outlawing for profit health care insurance is anywhere close to being conservative?

You can legitimately argue what is or is not considered to be conservative but can you really look at Carson's positions and still argue that they come anywhere close to anyone's idea of what a conservative is?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Thanks

Just to humor your little attempt to distract away from the topic at hand: Do you think that a government run health insurance plan is anywhere close to a conservative ideal? Do you think that outlawing for profit health care insurance is anywhere close to being conservative?

You can legitimately argue what is or is not considered to be conservative but can you really look at Carson's positions and still argue that they come anywhere close to anyone's idea of what a conservative is?

What in the blue blazes is your problem??

Since you provided an answer to the question asked of you concerning a very specific comment you made I considered the discussion ended.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Thanks

Do you agree with darth that Carson "really sounds good"?

There you go again with the context thingēy. Once you add back the modifying phrases "... but I still have some reservations about him.  He came onto the political stage out of nowhere...says all the right things...my caution meter is pegged" that you ignore it's easy to see that Darth certainly isn't a Koolaid™ drinker.

Carson seems to be cut more from a moderate Republican position. I find it interesting that you wouldn't find that desirable since you yourself profess to be cut from that cloth: "I think I'm going to embrace the RINO label since today's incarnation of republicans is so far away from the party I've supported with my vote for the last 40 years that it's unrecognizable."

I believe some conservatives are attracted to Carson because he comes across as an old fashioned American and like his up-from-the-bootstraps life story. Where success is built upon the rock of self-reliance. His "stay in school and get an education", bust your butt and work hard ethics. His rejection of victimhood and celebrating other's successes. And his belief in God and his faith. In other words everything Obama doesn't have.

Carson is a work in progress. What his positions lack in complexities is made up by his common sense approach. While his positions are still evolving, he is an  embodiment of John Maynard Keynes remark, "When the facts change, I change my mind." As I said earlier in the thread, I tend to lean towards Paul or Cruz, but will give Carson a look if he runs.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:24 am

In the general election, I'll probably vote for Hillary just because I'm not a big fan of Jeb Bush.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 am

Carson certainly is a "work in progress" as in he quickly started distancing himself from himself as soon as he started seeking political aspirations. When the facts changed, he changed his mind but the only facts that have changed is that he's now trying to worm himself into the political arena.

I don't really see Carson as a moderate, he's all over the board. He's jumping on a few hot button issues but fiscally he's advocated for some pretty dangerous policy, policies that are way to the left of even what the liberals would dare to openly speak of.

By all means, give Carson a look if he decides to run. But isn't it odd that you jump all over me when I show you what you would eventually find when you finally got around to looking?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:15 am

Liberal wrote:In the general election, I'll probably vote for Hillary just because I'm not a big fan of Jeb Bush.

Of course you will...you have a terrible mental disease which there is no known cure.

Maybe you can expand on Hillary's lifetime accomplishments besides being married to Monica Lewinsky's boyfriend.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:58 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Liberal wrote:In the general election, I'll probably vote for Hillary just because I'm not a big fan of Jeb Bush.

Of course you will...you have a terrible mental disease which there is no known cure.

Maybe you can expand on Hillary's lifetime accomplishments besides being married to Monica Lewinsky's boyfriend.

I found a list of her accomplishments here: I hope he runs - Page 3 2875671632
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:06 am

Darth Cheney wrote:

Well, have fun voting for Jeb Bush. Maybe we can invade Peru this time.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

No mention of Whitewater or her cattle futures scandals...that's just two that poped into my head. But I'll probably vote for her cause nobody with a name of Jeb should be president.

Last edited by Darth Cheney on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

No mention of Whitewater or her futures scandals...that's just two that poped into my head. But I'll probably vote for her cause nobody with a name of Jeb should be president.

Cankles is so yesterday. Elizabeth "The Chief" Warren is where the Libs future lies.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

No mention of Whitewater or her futures scandals...that's just two that poped into my head. But I'll probably vote for her cause nobody with a name of Jeb should be president.

Cankles is so yesterday. Elizabeth "The Chief" Warren is where the Libs future lies.

Oh Gomezz I agree.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Wasn't Susan "spontaneous reaction to a video" Rice considered for a bit?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

No but her sister Condoleezza could still be the republican nominee if she ever gets out of that NCAA football gig.

Wasn't Susan "spontaneous reaction to a video" Rice considered for a bit?
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Lie-a-watha has a strong pull and once was considered native American by people handing out affirmative action benefits.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Paquette wrote:
Ben Carson: Counterfeit Conservative

Unfortunately, Carson’s liberal attitudes towards economic policy do not end at healthcare. Indeed, Carson has made troubling statements regarding free trade as well, calling for “ a stiff tariff on products that are manufactured in other countries and are shipped here fully assembled, while reducing tariffs on products that will require assembly once they reach our shores.” Carson ignores the impact that such a policy would have on our exporters, who would likely face retaliatory tariffs, as well as on the consumers of this country who would be forced to pay higher prices.

We see another example here of Ben Carson accepting a liberal premise, the notion that the government must interfere in the marketplace to stimulate job growth, which is of course totally at odds with any free market economic theory imaginable. This protectionist line out of Carson makes this observer curious about his opinion on the Burger King tax inversions. Could we expect a President Ben Carson to crack down on companies whom he considers to be “exporting jobs”? Such a move would lead to even more economic difficulty as both American consumers and American exporters would suffer.

While we have covered several economic head scratchers out of Ben Carson, probably the most damning of all is his backwards analysis of the 2008 financial crisis. It is Ben Carson’s contention that “we decided to deregulate during the 1990s, paving the way for the economic meltdown in 2008”. In other words, the free market caused the crash. This is the line of logic that was embraced by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank when they passed the Dodd-Frank Act, as well as pretty much every progressive on both sides of the aisle in the wake of the financial crisis. It is, of course, completely distorted and ignorant of the government’s role in creating the crisis through passage of the Community Reinvestment Act, which encouraged the subprime lending.

The fact that Carson so readily embraces the notion that deregulation caused the economic collapse causes you to wonder if he would cut any regulation at all as president. The fact that he believes the free market, left unchecked, is what caused the crisis causes you to wonder about his commitment to conservative economic principles in general. Would Ben Carson rein in the IRS, or would he be too crippled by this false notion in his head that deregulation creates chaos? Would Carson make any push at all to repeal Dodd-Frank, or would his pro regulatory stance lead him to support such a bill? When a potential presidential candidate does not stand up for the core economic principles that our movement stands for, it should be a dealbreaker to anybody who values those principles.

http://blog.libertyconservatives.com/ben-carson-counterfeit-conservative/

This article by the Liberty Conservatives should be viewed somewhat cautiously.  They are an info website related to Campaign for Liberty, a group that sprang up from supporters of the Ron Paul campaigns and now are full-out supporters of his son, Rand.

On their libertarian website, they have other articles about other potential candidates like Scott Walker and Rick Perry, telling us what fake conservatives they are as well. So, the reader should recognize going in that they have an agenda which is to push their candidate for 2016, Rand Paul.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:10 am

Jammer wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Ben Carson: Counterfeit Conservative

Unfortunately, Carson’s liberal attitudes towards economic policy do not end at healthcare. Indeed, Carson has made troubling statements regarding free trade as well, calling for “ a stiff tariff on products that are manufactured in other countries and are shipped here fully assembled, while reducing tariffs on products that will require assembly once they reach our shores.” Carson ignores the impact that such a policy would have on our exporters, who would likely face retaliatory tariffs, as well as on the consumers of this country who would be forced to pay higher prices.

We see another example here of Ben Carson accepting a liberal premise, the notion that the government must interfere in the marketplace to stimulate job growth, which is of course totally at odds with any free market economic theory imaginable. This protectionist line out of Carson makes this observer curious about his opinion on the Burger King tax inversions. Could we expect a President Ben Carson to crack down on companies whom he considers to be “exporting jobs”? Such a move would lead to even more economic difficulty as both American consumers and American exporters would suffer.

While we have covered several economic head scratchers out of Ben Carson, probably the most damning of all is his backwards analysis of the 2008 financial crisis. It is Ben Carson’s contention that “we decided to deregulate during the 1990s, paving the way for the economic meltdown in 2008”. In other words, the free market caused the crash. This is the line of logic that was embraced by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank when they passed the Dodd-Frank Act, as well as pretty much every progressive on both sides of the aisle in the wake of the financial crisis. It is, of course, completely distorted and ignorant of the government’s role in creating the crisis through passage of the Community Reinvestment Act, which encouraged the subprime lending.

The fact that Carson so readily embraces the notion that deregulation caused the economic collapse causes you to wonder if he would cut any regulation at all as president. The fact that he believes the free market, left unchecked, is what caused the crisis causes you to wonder about his commitment to conservative economic principles in general. Would Ben Carson rein in the IRS, or would he be too crippled by this false notion in his head that deregulation creates chaos? Would Carson make any push at all to repeal Dodd-Frank, or would his pro regulatory stance lead him to support such a bill? When a potential presidential candidate does not stand up for the core economic principles that our movement stands for, it should be a dealbreaker to anybody who values those principles.

http://blog.libertyconservatives.com/ben-carson-counterfeit-conservative/

This article by the Liberty Conservatives should be viewed somewhat cautiously.  They are an info website related to Campaign for Liberty, a group that sprang up from supporters of the Ron Paul campaigns and now are full-out supporters of his son, Rand.

On their libertarian website, they have other articles about other potential candidates like Scott Walker and Rick Perry, telling us what fake conservatives they are as well. So, the reader should recognize going in that they have an agenda which is to push their candidate for 2016, Rand Paul.

Rand has turned out to be nothing more than a phony, pandering politician...his father, although a loon, was at least sincere.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3