Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The State of the Country

+8
Rusty Houser
Dr. Evil
nightlight88
Jammer
Twinkies
Skeptical
Darth Cheney
Alleycat
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The State of the Country - Page 3 Empty Re: The State of the Country

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Not entirely the same situation but according to a friend up in Wenatchee, WA there is serious talk re-emerging in Spokane Valley, WA about eastern Washington, most of Idaho and western Montana to join forces and form a new state.  The name of the new state being floated is Columbia, perhaps due to the presence of the Columbia River.  Just a few cities mentioned, Spokane, Pasco, Kennewick, Richland in Washington, Coeur D'Alene, Idaho as well as Missoula, MT.

What are your thoughts about these secessionists ?

LOL that'll never happen, that new state would be nearly instantly broke as well just like a lot of the other states.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:59 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  Are you honestly going to try to compare your lies to the words that came straight out if his mouth?

What lies are you referring to you LSOS?

WTF do you think?  The B.S. quote you pulled out of your ass.

It is all over Google as explained to you earlier yet you persist this mantra.

Take a look or are you afraid to look?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=I+will+stand+with+Muslims&btnK=Google+Search

Still waiting for you to verify he was referring to standing with the Arab and Pakistani Americans because they were Christian and not Muslim.

Where is the fabricated quote you posted?

Since you are so dang lazy .....(one reference from the source provided to you earlier)

America's Muslim POTUS Praises Islam | Winds of Jihad
sheikyermami.com/americas-muslim-potus-praises-islam/
“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” Â quote from page 261 of “The Audacity of Hope” by America's first (and ...

Often appearing simply as, "I will stand with the Muslims"

Moving on ... how about the proof he meant he would stand with the Arab and Pakistani people because they are Christian.

So you agree that your posted quote was a fabrication?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  Are you honestly going to try to compare your lies to the words that came straight out if his mouth?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=I+will+stand+with+Muslims&btnK=Google+Search

Still waiting for you to verify he was referring to standing with the Arab and Pakistani Americans because they were Christian and not Muslim.

Since you are so dang lazy .....(one reference from the source provided to you earlier)

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” Â quote from page 261 of “The Audacity of Hope” by America's first (and ...

Moving on ... how about the proof he meant he would stand with the Arab and Pakistani people because they are Christian.

A copy and past of an existing "fabrication" as you want to call it.

Now, where is your proof Obama meant he will stand with Arab and Pakistani Americans because they are Christian?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:11 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Now, where is your proof Obama meant he will stand with Arab and Pakistani Americans because they are Christian?

So you lied about his quote?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I would have thought you had you fill of making shitt up. Who said anything about "Christian"?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:  A copy and paste of an existing "fabrication" as you want to call it.

So you lied about his quote?[/quote]

WOW, what part of, "A copy and past of an existing "fabrication" as you want to call it." do you not understand??

Still waiting for your proof that when Obama uttered those words he actually meant he will stand with Arab and Pakistani Americans because they are Christian?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:    I would have thought you had you fill of making shitt up.  Who said anything about "Christian"?

I asked this before, perhaps not in the same way as now so please pay attention.  If you are too broke to pay attention borrow some money so you can.

When Obama wrote this in his book
Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Now here is where you have to pay attention ...

Was he going to stand with these people because they were Christian or was he going to stand with them because they are Muslim or was he going to stand with these people because they were atheists?

What is the reason he singled out the Arab and Pakistani Americans?

Shouldn't be difficult at all for a person of you infinite intellect to adequately answer.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:You're the one who brought up that they were secessionists and how that makes them "America haters"...

Would you describe someone who has renounced all ties with the United States and doesn't want to be associated with the US as "America lovers"?

I would describe that person as Barak Hussein Obama.

You mean THIS Barack Obama and this reported comment,

I Will Stand With the Muslims Should the Political Winds Shift In An Ugly Direction."

(said on Page 261 of his book, "The Audacity of Hope.")

I would love to see you try to quote those exact words from Obama's book.  Or is this just more of your conservative revisionism?  I'll be waiting...

If you notice "this reported comment"

and then reacquaint yourself with some of the synonyms for reported and you will find such words as: "reputed" and "rumored".

I also realize
Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

can be interpreted by some as Obama stating he will stand with Muslims because he is referring to treatment of Arab and Pakistani Americans following the 9/11 attack.  However, since the vast majority of Arab and Pakistani Americans more than not are devout Christians those who make the "Muslim" connection have to be in error, right?

I got it.  You are regurgitating conservative revisionist statements.  What's the difference?  So you are admitting that what you posted was a pure fabrication?

I posted what was a rumored or reputed, A.K.A. reported, comment floating out there in Googleland and then explained it so hopefully you could understand, but apparently you are unqualified to do so.

Otherwise,

The State of the Country - Page 3 Attemp11

what you say or think!

Did you offer a fabricated quote to support your opinion or did you not?

It's not a fabrication but a paraphrase and a rather good one (except for the use of quotes). It precisely captures the meaning of the chatty Obama (stick a nickel in him and he goes and goes) by condensing a paragraph into a sentence.

A good paraphrase?  More like an extremely misleading paraphrase.  He was merely talking about the fact that he would "stand by" innocent American citizens whose whose race leaves them more subject to the court of public opinion when things like 9/11 or the bombing of Pearl Harbor happen.

Do you really believe Pakistanis are Arabs? What a fricking fool. While not Arabic, Pakistan is the world's second most populous Islamic country. One could construe Obama's reference to the "dark underbelly of American immigration" as also including religious intolerance not only against Muslims but also Catholics with the Irish diaspora and the Italian waves and with the waves of Jews from Russia, Germany and Europe after WWII. Race really was only a factor with the Chinese and Japanese. Hell even the Mexicans were more likely to be discriminated against because of their Catholic roots rather than their race.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Paquette wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:You're the one who brought up that they were secessionists and how that makes them "America haters"...

Would you describe someone who has renounced all ties with the United States and doesn't want to be associated with the US as "America lovers"?

I would describe that person as Barak Hussein Obama.

You mean THIS Barack Obama and this reported comment,

I Will Stand With the Muslims Should the Political Winds Shift In An Ugly Direction."

(said on Page 261 of his book, "The Audacity of Hope.")

I would love to see you try to quote those exact words from Obama's book.  Or is this just more of your conservative revisionism?  I'll be waiting...

If you notice "this reported comment"

and then reacquaint yourself with some of the synonyms for reported and you will find such words as: "reputed" and "rumored".

I also realize

can be interpreted by some as Obama stating he will stand with Muslims because he is referring to treatment of Arab and Pakistani Americans following the 9/11 attack.  However, since the vast majority of Arab and Pakistani Americans more than not are devout Christians those who make the "Muslim" connection have to be in error, right?

I got it.  You are regurgitating conservative revisionist statements.  What's the difference?  So you are admitting that what you posted was a pure fabrication?

I posted what was a rumored or reputed, A.K.A. reported, comment floating out there in Googleland and then explained it so hopefully you could understand, but apparently you are unqualified to do so.

Otherwise,

The State of the Country - Page 3 Attemp11

what you say or think!

Did you offer a fabricated quote to support your opinion or did you not?

It's not a fabrication but a paraphrase and a rather good one (except for the use of quotes). It precisely captures the meaning of the chatty Obama (stick a nickel in him and he goes and goes) by condensing a paragraph into a sentence.

A good paraphrase?  More like an extremely misleading paraphrase.  He was merely talking about the fact that he would "stand by" innocent American citizens whose whose race leaves them more subject to the court of public opinion when things like 9/11 or the bombing of Pearl Harbor happen.

Do you really believe Pakistanis are Arabs? What a fricking fool. While not Arabic, Pakistan is the world's second most populous Islamic country. One could construe Obama's reference to the "dark underbelly of American immigration" as also including religious intolerance not only against Muslims but also Catholics with the Irish diaspora and the Italian waves and with the waves of Jews from Russia, Germany and Europe after WWII. Race really was only a factor with the Chinese and Japanese. Hell even the Mexicans were more likely to be discriminated against because of their Catholic roots rather than their race.

WTF are you talking about? Who said anything about Catholics?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  A copy and paste of an existing "fabrication" as you want to call it.

So you lied about his quote?

WOW, what part of, "A copy and past of an existing "fabrication" as you want to call it." do you not understand??

Still waiting for your proof that when Obama uttered those words he actually meant he will stand with Arab and Pakistani Americans because they are Christian?

When you offer someone else's fabrication as support for your position, that makes you a liar as well.  Congratulations.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:    I would have thought you had you fill of making shitt up.  Who said anything about "Christian"?

I asked this before, perhaps not in the same way as now so please pay attention.  If you are too broke to pay attention borrow some money so you can.

Wow... I can't believe your went there.

When Obama wrote this in his book

Now here is where you have to pay attention ...

Was he going to stand with these people because they were Christian or was he going to stand with them because they are Muslim or was he going to stand with these people because they were atheists?

How about D.  None of the above.  He was going to stand with them because they were Americans

What is the reason he singled out the Arab and Pakistani Americans?

Ummm. Gee, I don't know.  Because their post 9/11 persecution was still on the front burner at the time of his publication?  Unless of course your trying to pull a rabbit from your hat, then the possibilities are really endless.

Shouldn't be difficult at all for a person of you infinite intellect to adequately answer.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:33 am

Skeptical wrote:It is all over Google as explained to you earlier yet you persist this mantra.

The State of the Country - Page 3 1106906410

Of course, if you can find it on the internets, it has to be true.

When you performed this search did you look at the many sites that popped up like snopes, factcheck, politifact, answers.com, truthorfiction, or the factfinders?

Or were you afraid to look?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:03 am

Paquette wrote:
Skeptical wrote:It is all over Google as explained to you earlier yet you persist this mantra.

When you performed this search did you look at the many sites that popped up like snopes, factcheck, politifact, answers.com, truthorfiction, or the factfinders?

I think I will allow you and your fertile imagination to wrestle with it a bit to see what

The State of the Country - Page 3 Pile_o10

you come up with.  Razz
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:32 am

Skeptical wrote:
Paquette wrote:

I think I will allow you and your fertile imagination to wrestle with it a bit to see what

The State of the Country - Page 3 Pile_o10

you come up with.  Razz

That's really cute. You go searching for a "quote" that confirms what you want to believe, ignore all evidence that tells you the "quote" is complete bull and then tell me that I have a fertile imagination? Laughing

Speaking of fertile imaginations: Look at all those sites that are proudly displaying that fictional "quote" and presenting it as fact. Will you still turn to them as a trusted source of information even though you now know they have proven themselves to be bald faced liars?

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3