Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question for you

+7
BladeRunner
Darth Cheney
Caitlyn Piltover
nightlight88
Jammer
Just Braying It
Alleycat
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

A question for you - Page 2 Empty Re: A question for you

Post  Skeptical Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Keep in mind you are the one who implied same sex marriage was an idea behind the founding of this nation.

Your comment was the last in the subject of same sex marriage starting with a poster asking a politician, "Do you support same sex marriage?"

Then another poster said, "That is a wonderful question",

You then piped in with, "It shows support for the ideas behind the founding of this nation"

You already made you position.  You are simply being asked to prove it.

(Perhaps you need to learn to express what you actually mean)
You took what you read and made up your own reason for it. That is fine, but when I say that isn't what I meant, perhaps you might have read what it meant wrong.

To borrow from Steen of the old extinct Argus forum .. "you are a lying scumbag".
You said what you said .. and only back peddled to say, "I was referring to equality before the law". when you got caught.

The point is not what you meant, it is what you said.  

If you are unable to express yourself so others may understand you then perhaps you need to have an adult with you.

I got the point he/she was making, but understand how it could be mistaken. How about everyone agrees to disagree?

Must be convenient same sex people have a language of their own so they understand each other.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Keep in mind you are the one who implied same sex marriage was an idea behind the founding of this nation.

Your comment was the last in the subject of same sex marriage starting with a poster asking a politician, "Do you support same sex marriage?"

You then piped in with, "It shows support for the ideas behind the founding of this nation"

You took what you read and made up your own reason for it. That is fine, but when I say that isn't what I meant, perhaps you might have read what it meant wrong.

To borrow from Steen of the old extinct Argus forum .. "you are a lying scumbag".
You said what you said .. and only back peddled to say, "I was referring to equality before the law". when you got caught.

If you are unable to express yourself so others may understand you then perhaps you need to have an adult with you.

I got the point he/she was making, but understand how it could be mistaken. How about everyone agrees to disagree?

Must be convenient same sex people have a language of their own so they understand each other.

Whoa, buddy. Why such hostility on Ash Wendesday of all days? It was just a simple misunderstanding between the two of you.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Liberal wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Whoa, buddy. Why such hostility on Ash Wendesday of all days? It was just a simple misunderstanding between the two of you.  

My oh my, you are really sensitive aren't you?

The only hostility must be of your manufacture because none was stated, implied, or otherwise included in an opinion based on the situation.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 am

Skeptical, how could you forget the single most important progressive liberal principle in existence?

If a progressive liberal feels something, it is a rock solid concrete fact no longer open for discussion.

Shame on you. Embarassed
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:13 am

Skeptical wrote:

Haha. Smile

I can express myself just fine, I don't mind that you wanted to read into what I said, so not sure why the hostility all of a sudden.

Not a big deal though, now you know what I was referring to and why that would be a good question.

Do you have any thoughts on what would be a good question? This discussion could be interesting.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote: Haha. Smile

I can express myself just fine, I don't mind that you wanted to read into what I said, so not sure why the hostility all of a sudden.

Not a big deal though, now you know what I was referring to and why that would be a good question.

Do you have any thoughts on what would be a good question? This discussion could be interesting.

Didn't have to "READ" anything into anything, you wrote what you wrote and it is a matter of record earlier in this thread.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Didn't have to "READ" anything into anything, you wrote what you wrote and it is a matter of record earlier in this thread.
You can believe what you wish. Smile
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
WOW, same sex marriage was one of the ideas behind the founding of this nation !

When will you post the documentation (and authors of such documentation) supporting same sex marriage as one of the ideas behind the founding of this nation during the time leading to the the writing of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

I was referring to equality before the law.

We've made a few mistakes with that in the past, Slaves, Irish, Japanese, but we always strive to make it right.

Equality before the law from a classic Liberal view is one of equality of opportunity not of outcome. Classical Liberalism favors individual rights over Contemporary Liberalism's emphasis on group rights i.e. gay rights. That is the true meaning of the Framers intent.

If you were truly for "equality before the law" then you would reject US vs Windsor's holding that gay marriage was subject to the same spousal inheritance benefits as heterosexual couples. A true advocate of equality before the law would claim that all people, married or single, should be able to leave their estate to whomever without the penalty of inheritance taxation.

As to the issue of slavery and the internment of the Japanese both of these policies were promulgated by the Democratic party and ironically in the case of the Japanese, the policy was hatched by the Great Liberal God, FDR.

The Irish was mostly a case of anti-Catholicism, an attitude that existed long before this country was even thought of. Blame it on the British.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Equality before the law from a classic Liberal view is one of equality of opportunity not of outcome. Classical Liberalism favors individual rights over Contemporary Liberalism's emphasis on group rights i.e. gay rights. That is the true meaning of the Framers intent.

If you were truly for "equality before the law" then you would reject US vs Windsor's holding that gay marriage was subject to the same spousal inheritance benefits as heterosexual couples. A true advocate of equality before the law would claim that all people, married or single, should be able to leave their estate to whomever without the penalty of inheritance taxation.
We have made marriage what it is today, therefore equality before the law does apply to homosexual marriages as much as heterosexual.

You can leave your estate to whomever you wish, as for the inheritance tax it is income as defined by the government and as such should be taxed.
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
As to the issue of slavery and the internment of the Japanese both of these policies were promulgated by the Democratic party and ironically in the case of the Japanese, the policy was hatched by the Great Liberal God, FDR.

The Irish was mostly a case of anti-Catholicism, an attitude that existed long before this country was even thought of. Blame it on the British.
Doesn't matter which party propagated it, it still happened and we should know better by now.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:13 pm

That is because homosexual marriages was one of the ideas behind the founding of this country as you proclaimed.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:06 am

Skeptical wrote:
That is because homosexual marriages was one of the ideas behind the founding of this country as you proclaimed.

Since marriage is a purely religious calling, the first amendment grants the freedom to marry whomever you want.

Here is the document you are asking for:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Since you feel the need to play such foolish games, I would like you to point out founding documents that give the government jurisdiction over marriage.  Maybe you could consult with Gomezz on his positive/negative right B.S.  I'll be waiting

A question for you - Page 2 1692663643

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Since marriage is a purely religious calling, the first amendment grants the freedom to marry whomever you want.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

But what about the gay atheists who don't practice any religion?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

What about them?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:52 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

Since you feel the need to play such foolish games, I would like you to point out founding documents that give the government jurisdiction over marriage.  Maybe you could consult with Gomezz on his positive/negative right B.S.  I'll be waiting

Well Caitlyn, does this deflection/projection on your part mean you cannot point out those founding documents proving your claim same marriages was one of the ideas behind the founding of this country??
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:54 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

What about them?

W H O O S H !!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

Well Caitlyn, does this deflection/projection on your part mean you cannot point out those founding documents proving your claim same marriages was one of the ideas behind the founding of this country??

As I pointed out, reedom of religion, which includes the from to marry whomever you want, is indeed a founding principle of our country.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:02 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

As I pointed out, reedom of religion, which includes the from to marry whomever you want, is indeed a founding principle of our country.

What Bill of Rights Amendment supports same sex atheists who marry partner at a courthouse/justice of the peace?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

What Bill of Rights Amendment supports same sex atheists who marry partner at a courthouse/justice of the peace?

There's no saying an athiest can't find God for the purpose of marriage, at least in the eyes of the government. Either way, it makes no difference.

What Bill of Rights Amendment gives the courthouse/justice of the peace the right to make this religious distinction?  

What Bill of Rights Amendment gives the government the right to give two people engaged in a relationship, regardless of the nature of their relationship, a different legal status than others based on religious presidence?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

hmmm

Interesting....Dr. Jones is now answering for Caitlyn...... A question for you - Page 2 1692663643
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:09 am

Dr. Jones wrote:    There's no saying an athiest can't find God for the purpose of marriage, at least in the eyes of the government.  Either way, it makes no difference.

What Bill of Rights Amendment gives the courthouse/justice of the peace the right to make this religious distinction?  

What Bill of Rights Amendment gives the government the right to give two people engaged in a relationship, regardless of the nature of their relationship, a different legal status than others based on religious presidence?

Have another drink, you might feel better.

A question for you - Page 2 Bunrat12
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:10 am

BladeRunner wrote:     hmmm

Interesting....Dr. Jones is now answering for Caitlyn...... A question for you - Page 2 1692663643

Yep, doesn't even deny the identity !!!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Amendment I

Hmmmmmm

You say the First Amendment allows anyone to marry whomever they want and is unrestrictive, but the Second Amendment is restrictive?????????????
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:22 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:    There's no saying an athiest can't find God for the purpose of marriage, at least in the eyes of the government.  Either way, it makes no difference.

Have another drink, you might feel better.

A question for you - Page 2 Bunrat12

So that's your answer???

I'll help you out a little.  It doesn't say that anywhere, it says quite the opposite.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:34 am

Skeptical wrote:
I'm pretty sure I already provided you with the evidence you requested.

It isn't my fault that you want to revise what the words say to match your own particular argument.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
I'm pretty sure I already provided you with the evidence you requested.

It isn't my fault that you want to revise what the words say to match your own particular argument.

No Dr. Jones, you haven't proved squat.

I saw the total eclipse of the sun in march of 1970 so it takes a lot to impress me.

Besides that I lived very close to Missouri while growing up and you know Missouri is known as the "show me" state.

So you will have to provide those documents specifically mentioning same sex marriage as an ideal this country was founded, not just your biased opinion and trying to pass it off a "proof".

If you fail to  provide proof of these documents then just accept you are what you have shown yourself to be up to this point, a bold face habitual prevaricator.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next