Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new wrinkle in gun control

3 posters

Go down

A new wrinkle in gun control Empty A new wrinkle in gun control

Post  Skeptical Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:16 pm

The police chief in Beloit, WI wants its residents to "voluntarily" open up their homes for police to search for guns they may not know they have, which may  also yield guns that were used in crimes.

Would you volunteer to have your house searched for weapons?

Remember, if you legally bought a gun after a passed background check the 4473 has to be kept by the seller for 20 years so it is easy to find out who has guns and what type/kind.

http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask-residents-volunteer-have-their-homes-searched-guns

Last edited by Skeptical on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

A new wrinkle in gun control Empty Re: A new wrinkle in gun control

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Sadly, mine all were lost to the bottom of a lake due to an unfortunate accident. As much as I tried to recover them, the water was too deep and the currents too strong. Sad
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 pm

WOW!!!!!! This is the most blatant try at getting into your house with a blank check for searching I've ever heard of. What's really funny is that when you tell a cop it's OK to come into your home, car etc without a warrant it opens the whole place for them to "find" anything. Any sign of any possible criminal activity will get you arrested. Sounds like they're looking to ID those who are refusing a voluntary search in the way they do on traffic stops. (Hey there, mind if I look in your car?) After that you get "special" attention.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Never, ever, ever, consent to any government official to enter your home or search your car. Even they would tell you that privately. If they really need to they can call a judge and get a warrant.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down