Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Finance in School

5 posters

Go down

Personal Finance in School Empty Personal Finance in School

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:44 pm

We have Sex Ed, Health classes, Physical Education, etc. but very little in the way of finances. Why is that? Do predatory lending institutions lobby against it? Would they if it were proposed?

Opinion: Sex ed is required. Why isn't financial ed?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/04/opinions/sex-ed-is-required-but-not-financial-education-heather-long/index.html

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Personal Finance in School Empty Re: Personal Finance in School

Post  Clicker Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:04 pm

I remember doing something similar to that in HS in Ohio. No practices were targeted but interest rates etc were explained.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:05 pm

Only a liberal could come up with a poor money management lifestyle by blaming the lack of public education. Since the public school systems damn near fail at everything they attempt (not in the Midwest) what makes you think them delivering financial education would be any different? The definition of insanity is doing things the same over and over again and expect different results. I'll give you a life financial lesson and all you really need to know:

$$$ in >= $$$ out or you have a big problem.

Education level determines how much $$$$$ you earn but takes increasing effort.

Liberalism and the belief you are owed a living is not true.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Only a liberal could come up with a poor money management lifestyle by blaming the lack of public education. Since the public school systems damn near fail at everything they attempt (not in the Midwest) what makes you think them delivering financial education would be any different? The definition of insanity is doing things the same over and over again and expect different results. I'll give you a life financial lesson and all you really need to know:

$$$ in >= $$$ out or you have a big problem.

Education level determines how much $$$$$ you earn but takes increasing effort.

Liberalism and the belief you are owed a living is not true.

We have sex education in our schools because the liberals DEMAND it and have placed it in our curriculum.

We DON'T have finance classes because they can't find any liberal teachers who understand the subject matter.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Clicker wrote:I remember doing something similar to that in HS in Ohio.  No practices were targeted but interest rates etc were explained.

WOW, you had sex education in high school?  That is awesome.  I know my interest rate would have been high for that educational experience.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:12 pm

Sioux Falls School District requires a semester of economics or personal finance for graduation.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:34 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Sioux Falls School District requires a semester of economics or personal finance for graduation.

In the OLD days, we had an elective course called business math.  I took it as a freshman because of all the "hot" sophomore girls that took it.  It was as close to a sex education class that I could get.  

All of this liberal destruction of our educational system came way too late for me.  All I got was stupid math and science classes.  It is a good thing that we have eliminated them as we would never have learned that we have a global warming problem if people actually understood that crap.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:I remember doing something similar to that in HS in Ohio.  No practices were targeted but interest rates etc were explained.

WOW, you had sex education in high school?  That is awesome.  I know my interest rate would have been high for that educational experience.

Heh!!! We had the "finance" thing in a practical math class. Sex education was held under the bleachers after the game on friday nite.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:

Heh!!!   We had the "finance" thing in a practical math class.  Sex education was held under the bleachers after the game on friday nite.

AAHHH YES, the old Friday night "LAB", how could I have forgotten?  It was always rewarding to be able to apply the principles learned in the classroom into practice during LAB time.  The critical success factor was choosing the right LAB partner.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down