Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repealing Obamacare

+4
Gomezz Adddams
Darth Cheney
Clicker
Dr. Evil
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Repealing Obamacare  - Page 3 Empty Re: Repealing Obamacare

Post  Skeptical Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Made this comment on another thread concerning health insurance ...

Hell, get the government at any level out of the health insurance business, any insurance for that matter.
Is there any source such as a law that says government has the responsibility to provide any insurance?
Let the current life and or auto insurance companies gear up to provide such insurance and allow them to sell their product in all 50 states.

I still think the government should get out of the insurance business and will add this ... just go for a 100% immediate repeal of Obamacare and no replacement.  Let the free market take up the business of health insurance.

(That should get the teeth gnashing started.)
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 am

Skeptical wrote:

Hell, get the government at any level out of the health insurance business, any insurance for that matter.
Is there any source such as a law that says government has the responsibility to provide any insurance?
Let the current life and or auto insurance companies gear up to provide such insurance and allow them to sell their product in all 50 states.

I still think the government should get out of the insurance business and will add this ... just go for a 100% immediate repeal of Obamacare and no replacement.  Let the free market take up the business of health insurance.

At least you're being honest...

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Interesting data and analysis.

https://medium.com/@WilsonWPA/analytics-shows-hcf-saved-gop-on-health-care-cb28c804dbab

Stay strong conservatives, we are on the side of RIGHT.  It is time to
END LIBERALISM BEFORE IT DESTROYS AMERICA.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

At least you're being honest...

More than I can say about leftites and the left wing media.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Jammer wrote:Interesting data and analysis.

https://medium.com/@WilsonWPA/analytics-shows-hcf-saved-gop-on-health-care-cb28c804dbab

Stay strong conservatives, we are on the side of RIGHT.  It is time to
END LIBERALISM BEFORE IT DESTROYS AMERICA.

The following reveals how the mushy moderate RINOs in the US House are playing the game.

Repealing Obamacare  - Page 3 E0032908-3b03-4d2f-97bc-294ba1f1ec86

Conservatives need to stand strong on their principles.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:22 pm

First off, I have to say thank you to the two underappreciated female republican senators that have been on the right page all along, but for right now all praises are on "The Maverick" John McCain for casting the vote that put this BS to bed. It took you a while to come around, but you did. In a big way. And as I've always said, shame on Obama for not making you Sec. of State when he had the chance!

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/07/28/mccain-no-vote-health-care-moment-es.cnn

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 pm

I am going to immensely enjoy watching ObamaCare fall apart sending millions without any care and others having to pay a majority of their income so the societal slugs get another free ride. This train wreck is already over the cliff and building speed racing towards the bottom. I agree with Trump, the dems own it...let them get full credit.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:15 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:I am going to immensely enjoy watching ObamaCare fall apart sending millions without any care and others having to pay a majority of their income so the societal slugs get another free ride. This train wreck is already over the cliff and building speed racing towards the bottom. I agree with Trump, the dems own it...let them get full credit.

You mean the type of disaster where the insurance companies keep making record profits while jacking up rates?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:I am going to immensely enjoy watching ObamaCare fall apart sending millions without any care and others having to pay a majority of their income so the societal slugs get another free ride. This train wreck is already over the cliff and building speed racing towards the bottom. I agree with Trump, the dems own it...let them get full credit.

You mean the type of disaster where the insurance companies keep making record profits while jacking up rates?

The dems colluded with the insurance companies and allowed them to write the bill. When ObamaCare crashed, so will the insurers.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 am

I'm curious about the sale of ins across state lines.  Every pol that made sense has stated this is the way to foster competition and reduce the cost of care.  Then, when it comes time to actually do something, that part of the plan is ignored like it never existed.  I'm becoming disenchanted with our pols over three things, sale of policies across state lines, tort reform and repeal of Obamacare.  They run on these things then act like amnesia has set in when you ask about it later.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 am

I'm becoming disenchanted with our so called politicians also.
They all talked about freedom of choice, free market capitalism, selling across state lines then debate how best to keep it a government run welfare program (Medicaid)
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:50 am

I feel the insurers and politicians are too much in bed with one another for any real changes to take place. However there is a glimmer of hope in the form of HSAs which allow tax exempt money to be placed into an individuals account. If you have no medical needs, the balance builds. The real beauty is this is your money. Now whenever I go to the dentist or medical care I grill them about costs. You can tell they are not used to this as business as normal meant sending insurance companies outrageous bills and making a good profit. Now the insuree has an actual stake in the process and inquires about costs and possibly finds a low cost provider so they keep more of their own money. This process is a real game changer.

The only health costs that haven't risen and actually substantially decreased are elective surgeries aka: face lifts, boob jobs, lasik surgeries etc. The reason is insurance isn't paying so patients check around looking for the best bargain. It has spurred Capitalism and competitiveness. This all happened without the government and without insurance company input. The HSAs are a similar process and I believe will change healthcare forever.

For what it is worth, ObamaCare never even addressed medical costs which are the main problem. Hopsitals are raking money in hand over fist under the disguise of non-profit tax status...give me a break.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:19 pm

For profit health insurance is completely absurd. I'm not going to say that healthcare is a right, but I am going to say that our current insurance system is immoral and not something a Christian should support.

As I've said before, all Obamacare does is documents how far insurance companies are willing to go to provide health insurance that is actually relevant to their customers. Which is nowhere. Once that is established, we can get down to the task of fixing healthcare.

This isn't going to be easy. Our healthcare needs are high, and any legislation meant to try to improve overall health is also met by steep opposition from the right, so we are battling conservatives on both fronts.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Dr. Evil wrote:For profit health insurance is completely absurd. I'm not going to say that healthcare is a right, but I am going to say that our current insurance system is immoral and not something a Christian should support.

Competition among for profit businesses is the only proven way of providing the best care for the best price. We need to somehow get the system to where the govt run Obamacare like entity is only involved in actually paying for care and not trying to dictate who, what, when, where, and why all the time. The govt involvement should not be wasting time and money causing the patient to spend thousands of dollars being evaluated then deny services. If they are going to do that the patient should get any money out of pocket refunded.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Having the government decide on "when to pull the plug" will lead to essentially genocide and affect the poor more than any other group. If you no longer are bringing tax benefits to the feral government they will not waste resources on saving you or even providing reasonable care. We will return to slavery or an episode of Logan's Run.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3