Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Obamacare delay

+2
BladeRunner
pse1124
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another Obamacare delay Empty Another Obamacare delay

Post  pse1124 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:16 am

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/13/yet-another-white-house-obamacare-delay-out-of-pocket-caps-waived-until-2015/?partner=yahootix

Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law—its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year.
While I feel it's good that it's delayed, the crap should never have passed in the first place.

And when is someone going to tell this sham of a president, that no, you can't do whatever you want, and no, you cannot just pick and choose parts of a law that you want or don't want to follow. It doesn't work that way. The president and Ms. gottspassittofindoutwhat'sinit, created this stupid monstrosity, now deal with the consequences. I don't know how this behavior is defensible, but I bet someone will try.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Another Obamacare delay Empty Re: Another Obamacare delay

Post  BladeRunner Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:31 am

It's obvious why they want it delayed.

There's an election coming up.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 pm

BladeRunner wrote:It's obvious why they want it delayed.

Do tell us - what is "obvious"?
How would such a delay affect any elections? (I assume that you are referring to the congress elections - members who will assume office after the delay)

Do you think that the delay will sway the votes of those awaiting the out-of-pocket caps implementation?
Do you think it will sway votes (or campaign donations) of the big insurance companies?
. . . . . or what? Please explain.

(BTW - it's nice to see you participate in an actual discussion on a relevant topic. This one could be interesting, as various views are expressed)

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:52 pm

pse1124 wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/13/yet-another-white-house-obamacare-delay-out-of-pocket-caps-waived-until-2015/?partner=yahootix

Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law—its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year.
While I feel it's good that it's delayed, the crap should never have passed in the first place.

And when is someone going to tell this sham of a president, that no, you can't do whatever you want, and no, you cannot just pick and choose parts of a law that you want or don't want to follow. It doesn't work that way. The president and Ms. gottspassittofindoutwhat'sinit, created this stupid monstrosity, now deal with the consequences. I don't know how this behavior is defensible, but I bet someone will try.
From your link:
"One of the most significant is its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs, such as co-pays and deductibles. Section 2707(b) of the Public Health Service Act, as added by Obamacare, requires that “a group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may not establish lifetime limits on the dollar value of benefits for the any participant or beneficiary.” Annual limits on cost-sharing are specified by Section 1302(c) of the Affordable Care Act; in addition, starting in 2014, deductibles are limited to $2,000 per year for individual plans, and $4,000 per year for family plans."

-------------------------------
Curious - what do others here think of the 'lifetime limit' and the 'deductible limit' ?
Does your current insurance carrier have either or both of those? Do you like it?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:01 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
pse1124 wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/13/yet-another-white-house-obamacare-delay-out-of-pocket-caps-waived-until-2015/?partner=yahootix

From your link:
"One of the most significant is its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs, such as co-pays and deductibles. Section 2707(b) of the Public Health Service Act, as added by Obamacare, requires that “a group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may not establish lifetime limits on the dollar value of benefits for the any participant or beneficiary.” Annual limits on cost-sharing are specified by Section 1302(c) of the Affordable Care Act; in addition, starting in 2014, deductibles are limited to $2,000 per year for individual plans, and $4,000 per year for family plans."

Curious - what do others here think of the 'lifetime limit' and the 'deductible limit' ?
Does your current insurance carrier have either or both of those? Do you like it?
What do you think will happen to insurance premiums when the lifetime payout limit is changed to infinity and yearly deductibles are capped at $2,000?

I realize you think this is big gubernut giving it to the man but it is just the opposite.  The reason they are delaying this implementation (illegal) is they don't want premiums to skyrocket before the midterm elections. Now go buy your school supplies....
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:26 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

How would such a delay affect any elections? (I assume that you are referring to the congress elections - members who will assume office after the delay)

Do you think that the delay will sway the votes of those awaiting the out-of-pocket caps implementation?
Do you think it will sway votes (or campaign donations) of the big insurance companies?

(BTW - it's nice to see you participate in an actual discussion on a relevant topic. This one could be interesting, as various views are expressed)
Yawn........

You really can't see it, can you?

BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Yawn........

lol - I really didn't expect you to contribute to this (or any) meaningful discussion. You lived up to that expectation. Maybe you could wait and see what those nasty "other posters" on your coveted "other forum" have to say about it.

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

From your link:

What do you think will happen to insurance premiums when the lifetime payout limit is changed to infinity and yearly deductibles are capped at $2,000?

I realize you think this is big gubernut giving it to the man but it is just the opposite.  The reason they are delaying this implementation (illegal) is they don't want premiums to skyrocket before the midterm elections. Now go buy your school supplies....
Many insurance companies have both of those features now. Does yours? Do you pay a very high premium? What about medicare?
Many have lower deductibles. Many cap the out-of-pocket expense, too.
-----------------
Which political party do you think might suffer because of this delay? Any candidates in particular?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:18 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Yawn........

lol - I really didn't expect you to contribute to this (or any) meaningful discussion. You lived up to that expectation. Maybe you could wait and see what those nasty "other posters" on your coveted "other forum" have to say about it.
If you don't want people talking about another forum on here, why are you the one bringing it up?

Maybe that's how people in Aberdeen operate.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Yawn........

If you don't want people talking about another forum on here, why are you the one bringing it up?

Maybe that's how people in Aberdeen operate.
Only thing that comes from Aberdeen is q u e e r s and azzholes.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Blade - since Darth was unresponsive on this:
"Many insurance companies have both of those features now. Does yours? Do you pay a very high premium? What about medicare?
Many have lower deductibles. Many cap the out-of-pocket expense, too."

Perhaps you have some thoughts . . . .?
-----------------

Since it was you, Blade, who asserted that the delay was due to 'elections'; perhaps you can answer/discuss this:
"Which political party do you think might suffer (or be helped) because of this delay? Any candidates in particular?"
-------------------

This is an open forum. Anybody else have anything on these aspects of the topic? Most of you must have some health insurance now. Do you have/like/dislike those features (pse's opening)?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:Blade - since Darth was unresponsive on this:
"Many insurance companies have both of those features now. Does yours? Do you pay a very high premium? What about medicare?
Many have lower deductibles. Many cap the out-of-pocket expense, too."

Perhaps you have some thoughts . . . .?
-----------------

Since it was you, Blade, who asserted that the delay was due to 'elections'; perhaps you can answer/discuss this:
"Which political party do you think might suffer (or be helped) because of this delay? Any candidates in particular?"
Crikers, no direct answers from this one. Reminds me of a clone of JT. Who gave you the title of conversation facilitator? Sleep Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:28 pm

LOL, RWB, you are hilarious. Blind, but hilarious all the same.

Much of ObamaCare would have kicked in. Who's name is on the moniker "ObamaCare" ? Who owns it? Who designed it?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/13/yet-another-white-house-obamacare-delay-out-of-pocket-caps-waived-until-2015/

First, there was the delay of Obamacare’s Medicare cuts until after the election. Then there was the delay of the law’s employer mandate. Then there was the announcement, buried in the Federal Register, that the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead. Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law—its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year.
If this monstrosity of a law is so great for everyone, why delay it all? What's the big hold up? I can't wait for it to kick in.......Another Obamacare delay 1249464066 

And how about those young people who are now required to have insurance? How are they going to like it?

You know...these young people who supposedly voted for the Democrats.....?

These mandates have already had drastic effects on a number of colleges and universities, which offer inexpensive, defined-cap plans to their healthy, youthful students. Premiums at Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, N.C., for example, rose from $245 per student in 2011-2012 to between $2,507 in 2012-2013.

The University of Puget Sound paid $165 per student in 2011-2012; their rates rose to between $1,500 and $2,000 for 2012-2013. Other schools have been forced to drop coverage because they could no longer afford it.
Yeah, this has nothing to do with the election, whatsoever. Why delay it all if it's such a great thing?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Blade - it's only the cap that is being delayed:
From opening link:
". . . . its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year."

"Which political party do you think might suffer (or be helped) because of this (cap) delay? Any candidates in particular?"
Such as, will this hurt or help Kristi Noem? others? How?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:53 pm

From the link in the first post in this thread.

Then there was the announcement, buried in the Federal Register, that the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead.
IIRC this thing call "Obamacare" was rammed through the Democrat controlled congress and signed into law by the President thereby making it the law of the land to be obeyed.

Now that same President is taking it upon himself .. or at least his administration is deciding which parts of the law of the land to enforce and when.

I have been searching for the constitutional authority that allows the President to pick and choose which laws or parts of laws to follow/enforce since I first heard this.

Who is going to help out and cite the authority for what Obama wants to do?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 am

Skeptical wrote:From the link in the first post in this thread.

Then there was the announcement, buried in the Federal Register, that the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead.
IIRC this thing call "Obamacare" was rammed through the Democrat controlled congress and signed into law by the President thereby making it the law of the land to be obeyed.

Now that same President is taking it upon himself .. or at least his administration is deciding which parts of the law of the land to enforce and when.

I have been searching for the constitutional authority that allows the President to pick and choose which laws or parts of laws to follow/enforce since I first heard this.

Well don't hold your breath waiting for RWB to answer. Because, like Obama enforcing laws, he picks and chooses which questions he answers.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Skeptical - As you probably know, the legislative branch of our government enacts the laws & the executive branch executes them.
I don't think it is 'picking and choosing' which laws or parts of laws. With this new and complex law (PPACA), various parts will naturally be enacted before other parts. As with any major change in a system (government or private), it takes time. You certainly didn't expect it to happen instantly/overnight, did you? I would guess that many various factors determine which parts are implemented earlier & which later.

The quote from pse's opening post: "Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law—its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs—will be delayed for one more year."
Would you have liked to see this part enacted earlier? Doesn't your insurance company provide a cap on the out-of-pocket? I would guess that the insurance companies (which don't provide that now) could be a factor in the delay.

-------------------
BTW - since Blade is avoiding answering this:
"Which political party do you think might suffer (or be helped) because of this (cap) delay? Any candidates in particular?"
What do you think?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:14 pm

I just found this at Forbes:
"The reason for the delay? “Federal officials said that many insurers and employers needed more time to comply because they used separate companies to help administer major medical coverage and drug benefits, with separate limits on out-of-pocket costs. In many cases, the companies have separate computer systems that cannot communicate with one another.” "
. . . . so my guess on that seems to be accurate.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Anybody have any other ideas as to the delay of this (cap) aspect?
Still curious - how many of your policies have the feature now? Do you want that feature?

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:26 pm

"There is no provision in the Constitution that authorizes the president to enact, to amend, or to repeal statutes."
Justice John Paul Stevens - Clinton vs City of New York.

The president "shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."
Article II, Section 3, of the Constitution

"Will it be sufficient to mark, with precision, the boundaries of these departments, in the constitution of the government, and to trust to these parchment barriers against the encroaching spirit of power?"

James Madison in Federalist 48 - Argument for the need of Constitutional control of the separate and distinct branches of government.

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Blade - I am curious as to the original source of your quote about a couple of colleges providing health insurance to their students.

A few questions come to mind:
Are these students also employees of the college?
Is the college in the insurance business? Possibly contracting with a provider on this?
I wouldn't imagine that they would have many enrollees - since the "age 26" part of the ACA has been in effect for several years. Students would nearly always opt to stay on their parents' plan. In fact, that is/was considered a big plus of the ACA since the beginning.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:Blade - I am curious as to the original source of your quote about a couple of colleges providing health insurance to their students.

Is the college in the insurance business? Possibly contracting with a provider on this?
I wouldn't imagine that they would have many enrollees - since the "age 26" part of the ACA has been in effect for several years. Students would nearly always opt to stay on their parents' plan. In fact, that is/was considered a big plus of the ACA since the beginning.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/08/13/yet-another-white-house-obamacare-delay-out-of-pocket-caps-waived-until-2015/
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:Blade - I am curious as to the original source of your quote about a couple of colleges providing health insurance to their students.

Only to the JT's of the world.

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes Gomezz. The blogger uses that info. It's obvious where the quote came from.
I can't find his source, though. Can you?
Don't you find it strange that a couple of colleges would have much of a market for this (selling health insurance), in light of the "age 26" provision? Nearly everyone I know, uses that (even a few who were strongly opposed to ACA). Far cheaper.

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:04 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Skeptical - As you probably know, the legislative branch of our government enacts the laws & the executive branch executes them.
I don't think it is 'picking and choosing' which laws or parts of laws. With this new and complex law (PPACA), various parts will naturally be enacted before other parts. As with any major change in a system (government or private), it takes time. You certainly didn't expect it to happen instantly/overnight, did you? I would guess that many various factors determine which parts are implemented earlier & which later.
Since you cannot or will not cite the specific constitutional authority for a law of land law to be delayed in its implementation by the President how about citing the specific section of the final version of the PPACA (the version signed by the President making it the law of the land to be followed) that allows the President or other administration person to alter the sequence of implementation.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next