Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Obamacare delay

+2
BladeRunner
pse1124
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another Obamacare delay - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Obamacare delay

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Skeptical wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Skeptical wrote:From the link in the first post in this thread.

Then there was the announcement, buried in the Federal Register, that the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead.
IIRC this thing call "Obamacare" was rammed through the Democrat controlled congress and signed into law by the President thereby making it the law of the land to be obeyed.

Now that same President is taking it upon himself .. or at least his administration is deciding which parts of the law of the land to enforce and when.

I have been searching for the constitutional authority that allows the President to pick and choose which laws or parts of laws to follow/enforce since I first heard this.

Who is going to help out and cite the authority for what Obama wants to do?
Skeptical - As you probably know, the legislative branch of our government enacts the laws & the executive branch executes them.
I don't think it is 'picking and choosing' which laws or parts of laws. With this new and complex law (PPACA), various parts will naturally be enacted before other parts. As with any major change in a system (government or private), it takes time. You certainly didn't expect it to happen instantly/overnight, did you? I would guess that many various factors determine which parts are implemented earlier & which later.
Since you cannot or will not cite the specific constitutional authority for a law of land law to be delayed in its implementation by the President how about citing the specific section of the final version of the PPACA (the version signed by the President making it the law of the land to be followed) that allows the President or other administration person to alter the sequence of implementation.
"alter the sequence of implementation" ?
I was not aware that a "sequence" had even been established in the PPACA. Not sure how it could have been "altered".
Could you please cite that sequence? Link please.
Or at least list the proper order (sequence) as you recall it from the PPACA.
This "sequence" of yours, is news to me. Did any news sources carry that? Please link.
--------------------

Would you have liked to have had the cap limits (this topic) imposed earlier? Doesn't your current policy have that feature? Were you able to take advantage of the 'age 26' feature, which was implemented early in PPACA?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Another Obamacare delay - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReGbLMMPnyQgmSoWYKqtae8_Jd7HW5Rm0i4Tty12kUy7y49s40-w
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh Good - you are back Blade - you may have missed this post here (it did kind of get buried):

Blade - I am curious as to the original source of your quote about a couple of colleges providing health insurance to their students.

A few questions come to mind:
Are these students also employees of the college?
Is the college in the insurance business? Possibly contracting with a provider on this?
I wouldn't imagine that they would have many enrollees - since the "age 26" part of the ACA has been in effect for several years. Students would nearly always opt to stay on their parents' plan. In fact, that is/was considered a big plus of the ACA since the beginning.
-------------------------------

I don't need to remind you of this, do I : "Well don't hold your breath waiting for RWB [Blade] to answer." - see above, I did answer as soon as I could)
You probably just overlooked the post. No problem.
BTW - do you currently have the limit (cap) included in your policy? Do you want it?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Skeptical wrote:From the link in the first post in this thread.

Then there was the announcement, buried in the Federal Register, that the administration would delay enforcement of a number of key eligibility requirements for the law’s health insurance subsidies, relying on the “honor system” instead.
IIRC this thing call "Obamacare" was rammed through the Democrat controlled congress and signed into law by the President thereby making it the law of the land to be obeyed.

Now that same President is taking it upon himself .. or at least his administration is deciding which parts of the law of the land to enforce and when.

I have been searching for the constitutional authority that allows the President to pick and choose which laws or parts of laws to follow/enforce since I first heard this.

Who is going to help out and cite the authority for what Obama wants to do?
Skeptical - As you probably know, the legislative branch of our government enacts the laws & the executive branch executes them.
I don't think it is 'picking and choosing' which laws or parts of laws. With this new and complex law (PPACA), various parts will naturally be enacted before other parts. As with any major change in a system (government or private), it takes time. You certainly didn't expect it to happen instantly/overnight, did you? I would guess that many various factors determine which parts are implemented earlier & which later.
Since you cannot or will not cite the specific constitutional authority for a law of land law to be delayed in its implementation by the President how about citing the specific section of the final version of the PPACA (the version signed by the President making it the law of the land to be followed) that allows the President or other administration person to alter the sequence of implementation.
"alter the sequence of implementation" ?
I was not aware that a "sequence" had even been established in the PPACA. Not sure how it could have been "altered".
Could you please cite that sequence? Link please.
Or at least list the proper order (sequence) as you recall it from the PPACA.
This "sequence" of yours, is news to me. Did any news sources carry that? Please link.
--------------------

Would you have liked to have had the cap limits (this topic) imposed earlier? Doesn't your current policy have that feature? Were you able to take advantage of the 'age 26' feature, which was implemented early in PPACA?
Since you cannot or will not cite the specific constitutional authority that the President has the option of NOT ensuring a law is faithfully executed  for a duly passed and signed law of the land even though the President may or may not agree with the law.

How about citing the specific section of the final version of the PPACA (the version signed by the President making it the law of the land to be followed) that allows the President the option of NOT ensuring a law is faithfully executed  for a duly passed and singed law of the land even though the President may or may not agree with the law.

Oh, you can also provide the proof of your statement in another thread that nature prefers same sex relationship couples to continue the human species even though it is biologically impossible for two members of the same sex to procreate.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:32 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
I wouldn't imagine that they would have many enrollees - since the "age 26" part of the ACA has been in effect for several years. Students would nearly always opt to stay on their parents' plan. In fact, that is/was considered a big plus of the ACA since the beginning.
And what if their parents didn't have insurance?  What if their parents didn't want insurance?
What if they didn't have parents?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Insurance is a Constitutional Right! / SFLib
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:35 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
And what if their parents didn't have insurance?  What if their parents didn't want insurance?
Exactly. There would only be a few instances of no parents & the student wants the insurance; or instances where the parents/parent don't have insurance, yet wanted it for their student only. Not much of a market base, for the school to be in the insurance business.
Are these couple of schools requiring their students to have or purchase health insurance? Through them? A source on this would be nice - still looking?

Do you currently have the limit (cap) included in your policy (topic of this thread)? Do you want it?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Exactly.[Exactly? Exactly what?]

There would only be a few instances of no parents & the student wants the insurance; or instances where the parents/parent don't have insurance, yet wanted it for their student only. Not much of a market base, for the school to be in the insurance business.[Damn you are always supposing this or that; yanking numbers or non-numbers out of your azz. Here are the numbers. Currently about 600,000 students, or 7% of the 18-23 yo in college paid for their own insurance. I would say that's a just tad more than a "few"]

Are these couple of schools requiring their students to have or purchase health insurance? Through them?[Good lord, wouldn't it be neat if there was some way way to search through all the gigabytes of information on the Internet? Something like...wait for it..Google? By the way the U of C required me to purchase insurance since I didn't have any and neither did my mother. That was in the 70's.]

A source on this would be nice - still looking? [I have a source but you keep looking. I'm not in a sharing mood right now.]

Do you currently have the limit (cap) included in your policy (topic of this thread)? Do you want it?
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 pm

(As Geraldine, AKA, the late great Flip Wilson, would say, "The devil made me do it"!)

Everybody has parents but it is just that probably a lot of liberal kids don't know who their parents are!

Sorry BR, resistance was low to the temptation.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:29 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Exactly. There would only be a few instances of no parents & the student wants the insurance; or instances where the parents/parent don't have insurance, yet wanted it for their student only. Not much of a market base, for the school to be in the insurance business.
Are these couple of schools requiring their students to have or purchase health insurance? Through them? A source on this would be nice - still looking?

STILL WAITING FOR THOSE CITES OF AUTHORITY !!

To refresh your memory ......................

Since you cannot or will not cite the specific constitutional authority that the President has the option of NOT ensuring a law is faithfully executed  for a duly passed and signed law of the land even though the President may or may not agree with the law.

How about citing the specific section of the final version of the PPACA (the version signed by the President making it the law of the land to be followed) that allows the President the option of NOT ensuring a law is faithfully executed  for a duly passed and singed law of the land even though the President may or may not agree with the law.

Oh, you can also provide the proof of your statement in another thread that nature prefers same sex relationship couples to continue the human species even though it is biologically impossible for two members of the same sex to procreate.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2