Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill

4 posters

Go down

Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill Empty Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 am

An Exxon oil pipeline rupture in Arkansas is providing fodder for the press and Keystone XL opponents to have Obama not approve Keystone.

Two major spills of "Canadian" crude occurred within a day of each other, one a pipeline rupture in a north Little Rock suburb and the other a train derailment in western Minnesota.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/31/arkansas-oil-spill-2013-exxon_n_2986754.html?ir=Green

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/28/train-derailment-spills-30000-gallons-of-oil-in-minnesota/

Of course the pipeline rupture with it's dramatic pictures of oil inundated yards is all over the major news feeds while you have to dig to find reports of the train mishap.

Canadian oil is going to move through the US regardless if the Keystone is built or not. The debate should be over what transport method is safest. According to this recent WSJ article, rail accidents are increasing and that there is more spillage due them than to pipeline transport.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324685104578386662069983532.html

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill Empty Re: Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Many of these reported spills are small in nature often less then 50 gallons of product. A valve seal failure could easily cause a "spill" an a couple of bags of absorbent and it is cleaned up. Crude oil is fairly viscous and generally will not travel far or have the ability to sink into the ground very fast. Refined petroleum product would have a much larger potential and faster transport. Oil pipelines are by far the safest method of transporting petroleum product.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:55 am

Have to share the democrat leaders explaining the evils of Keystone Pipeline:

Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Have to share the democrat leaders explaining the evils of Keystone Pipeline:

Woof! Woof!

Sleep Sleep
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Many of these reported spills are small in nature often less then 50 gallons of product. A valve seal failure could easily cause a "spill" an a couple of bags of absorbent and it is cleaned up. Crude oil is fairly viscous and generally will not travel far or have the ability to sink into the ground very fast. Refined petroleum product would have a much larger potential and faster transport. Oil pipelines are by far the safest method of transporting petroleum product.

I think there is a pipeline spill in my garage. I notice it when I back my car out. I wonder if I should report it to Greenpeace or somebody?

On the serious side, you are 100% correct about pipelines being the safest not to mention most efficient and cost effective method of transporting petroleum products. If the liberals would just go crawl back under their rocks and let us develop our own natural resources, the US would be able to rely completely on North American energy and quit importing from the people who hate us.

This energy independence would also lead to a manufacturing renaissance in this country. However, that would lead to a rapid expansion of prosperity that would not be equally shared by the disgusting deadbeat liberals who refuse to work. Therefore, democrats are against the entire idea.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Could you imagine if a White, Christian, pro 2nd amendment, man, shot a hole in an oil pipe line. Causing a leak. What great fodder that would be. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill 1167095224

Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:01 pm

[quote="Freedom Forever"]Could you imagine if a White, Christian, pro 2nd amendment, man, shot a hole in an oil pipe line. Causing a leak. What great fodder that would be. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Exxon Oil Pipeline Spill 1167095224

"straight man"

You have to be careful with your wording. The progressive liberals have made gays a protected species. That little thing would give the guy a pass on the entire incident.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down