Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamberlain thread

+5
Just Braying It
pse1124
Freedom Forever
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chamberlain thread Empty Chamberlain thread

Post  BladeRunner Mon May 20, 2013 9:49 am

Quite the ruckus over there about it...

Chamberlain thread 2875671632

Basically some guy named george jung is whining about some dance not allowed at a graduation ceremony....

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130519/COLUMNISTS0111/305190036?nclick_check=1

My opinion is if they don't allow Christian speaches, etc, why allow a different religious activity?

Last edited by BladeRunner on Mon May 20, 2013 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Chamberlain thread Empty Re: Chamberlain thread

Post  Darth Cheney Mon May 20, 2013 9:59 am

They really should allow a marching gay parade, pro-choice rally, and Muslim diversity speech in all graduation ceremonies.

Chamberlain thread 1249464066
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am

Yeah PC was just suppose to shut down Christian speech. oops, unintended consequences anyone?
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Mon May 20, 2013 11:12 am

Again the PC liberals are seperating people by race. It's stupid. One ceremony, one graduation. After all, they are all graduates, not whte graduates, and native graduates, and black graduates, and christian graduates...etc etc
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

I agree with the school board's decision. Hopefully everyone remembers this when my fellow Christians cry around about not being able to say a pray at every school event/government function.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 am

Liberal wrote:I agree with the school board's decision. Hopefully everyone remembers this when my fellow Christians cry around about not being able to say a pray at every school event/government function.

Yeah especially with all that Christian dogma being rammed down the student's throat. Persecution much? Rolling Eyes
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm

I think I heard war drums in the distant...

A victim group denied their victimization...shame, shame.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Mon May 20, 2013 2:46 pm

We didn't have to worry about that crap back when I graduated from WHS. We had maybe two blacks, a couple of NA's, a couple of Chicanos, a handful of Arabs and some Joos. 99% white. We were so pale the school was translucent. I smoked a splif with my brother to achieve the proper attitude for the august occasion. The band played the 1812 Overture complete with shotgun blanks fired into a garbage can to simulate the cannons, the principal mispronounced one of my friends name after a big to do about how he had never mispronounced a student's name in something like 40 years and Tall Paul who owned the head shop in town let loose with blasts from a Pakistani taxi horn every time one of the kids that hung out at his store walked across the stage. A good time was had by all. cheers cheers cheers
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Mon May 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:We didn't have to worry about that crap back when I graduated from WHS. We had maybe two blacks, a couple of NA's, a couple of Chicanos, a handful of Arabs and some Joos. 99% white. We were so pale the school was translucent. I smoked a splif with my brother to achieve the proper attitude for the august occasion. The band played the 1812 Overture complete with shotgun blanks fired into a garbage can to simulate the cannons, the principal mispronounced one of my friends name after a big to do about how he had never mispronounced a student's name in something like 40 years and Tall Paul who owned the head shop in town let loose with blasts from a Pakistani taxi horn every time one of the kids that hung out at his store walked across the stage. A good time was had by all. cheers cheers cheers

Aaaah the good ole days......
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Mon May 20, 2013 5:48 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Quite the ruckus over there about it...

Chamberlain thread 2875671632

Basically some guy named george jung is whining about some dance not allowed at a graduation ceremony....

My opinion is if they don't allow Christian speaches, etc, why allow a different religious activity?

Hate to say this, Blade, but you'll have to add the Argus-Liar to your list of posting full articles for those of us who are challenged.
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:We didn't have to worry about that crap back when I graduated from WHS. We had maybe two blacks, a couple of NA's, a couple of Chicanos, a handful of Arabs and some Joos. 99% white. We were so pale the school was translucent. I smoked a splif with my brother to achieve the proper attitude for the august occasion. The band played the 1812 Overture complete with shotgun blanks fired into a garbage can to simulate the cannons, the principal mispronounced one of my friends name after a big to do about how he had never mispronounced a student's name in something like 40 years and Tall Paul who owned the head shop in town let loose with blasts from a Pakistani taxi horn every time one of the kids that hung out at his store walked across the stage. A good time was had by all. cheers cheers cheers

What year, Chimp?

When I graduated from Huron High, There was one black, one jew and a few NAs. The rest of the 300+ strong class was lily white cracker honkies.
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon May 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:
Liberal wrote:I agree with the school board's decision. Hopefully everyone remembers this when my fellow Christians cry around about not being able to say a pray at every school event/government function.

Yeah especially with all that Christian dogma being rammed down the student's throat. Persecution much? Rolling Eyes

I just typed "persecution complex" into Google and this is what popped up:

Yeah PC was just suppose to shut down Christian speech. oops, unintended consequences anyone?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Liberal wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:

I just typed "persecution complex" into Google and this is what popped up:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Tue May 21, 2013 6:31 am

I don't get it either. Hack on
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue May 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Sorry, I am too busy with family and friends to click on that link and find out what point you're trying to make.

Maybe you could provide some bullet points from it?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm

BladeRunner wrote:

Sorry, I am too busy with family and friends to click on that link and find out what point you're trying to make.

Sure, being the Christian that I am, I'd be more than willing to help. The Rapid City city council has a prayer before each meeting. Do you think that's right?

You're very welcome.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue May 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Sure, being the Christian that I am, I'd be more than willing to help. The Rapid City city council has a prayer before each meeting. Do you think that's right?

You're very welcome.

Is there any part of the of the first amendment regarding religion that you would like to be schooled on or do you wish to follow the liberal mantra of being wrong in their interpretation?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 21, 2013 1:00 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You're very welcome.

Is there any part of the of the first amendment regarding religion that you would like to be schooled on or do you wish to follow the liberal mantra of being wrong in their interpretation?

How are they "wrong"? Do you see it differently than the Supreme Court does:

Separation of Church and State
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/churchandstate.html

THOMAS JEFFERSON'S PRESIDENCY
Unlike his predecessors Presidents Washington and Adams, Thomas Jefferson opposed Presidential proclamations for prayer, fasting and thanksgiving. Well-known for his unorthodox religious opinions as well as for his liberal views on religious liberty and the separation of church and state, Jefferson was the writer of Virginia's Statute for Religious Freedom, which ended all practice of state-supported religion in Virginia when it was enacted into law in 1786.

Jefferson was the one who coined the phrase "wall of separation between Church and State" in a letter he wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802, in which he described his understanding of the meaning of the religious clauses of the First Amendment.

EVERSON V. BOARD OF EDUCATION (1947)
The Supreme Court unanimously affirmed the separation of church and state and used Jefferson's letter for the court opinion. Justice Black said, "That wall must be kept high and impregnable." Most of the Supreme Court's church-state decisions handed down since this case have been grounded in the Everson standard.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Are they also giving equal time to a Native American "prayer/drum song" before each session?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue May 21, 2013 1:17 pm

I think it has nothing to do with Chamberlain and that you should have started it's own thread. scratch
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

There is no problem in RC. Why does this need to be fixed via law suites. Waste of money and another leftist attempted to erode of our basic freedoms.

Now what's your take ..........
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:

There is no problem in RC. Why does this need to be fixed via law suites. Waste of money and another leftist attempted to erode of our basic freedoms.

Definitely a waste of time and money. But, why is it a "leftist" rather than "rightist" attempt to erode freedoms? That doesn't make sense.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Tue May 21, 2013 3:55 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:

Definitely a waste of time and money. But, why is it a "leftist" rather than "rightist" attempt to erode freedoms? That doesn't make sense.

That's just the way it is plat
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Are they also giving equal time to a Native American "prayer/drum song" before each session?

That's what I was wondering. Doubt anyone will answer that one though. Crying or Very sad

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next